BFK - Cruwear Thread

My contribution to this thread, a ghetto grind BFK in CW which rolled off the UPS truck a bit earlier on this eve. Many thanks to my compadre and my mentor @fonedork for the great assist (his penultimate proxy ever!) Jo as always did me a solid one by hooking me up with all the purdy accessories.

I can't believe that they all would do me like this!

View attachment 2258725

"Basic" my ass.

Beautiful eFffing Knaf.

My first go round with the BFK didn’t grab me, as I prefer the signature touches on the FK2. THIS one though! Mmm…

My first impression was how not ghetto the ghetto grind looks in person. HD pics accentuate the grind coarseness IMHO.

zLurNHJ.jpg

Always hard to capture a hollow grind in a pic, so I put a straight edge on there for comparison. It is sweet!
23b6UFZ.jpg

And just for kicks, here’s a 22x loupe/cell phone pic of the very clean edge straight from the shop. Any curvature you see is my setup. CPK sharpness is much appreciated and not often duplicated at this level of care from other makers in my experience.

Thanks for your excellent grind work Mark! :thumbsup:
LRtr1RO.jpg

Couldn’t agree more! I had a BFK that I let go, figured I’d do the same tho this one. No sir, this one is a hitter! Subtle touches and superb grind, Mark! Really impressed with this one

IMG_1798.jpeg
IMG_1799.jpeg

They were not too common. From the CPK-Encyclopedia, under "Scales" Ghost Red:

View attachment 2258730

I was looking again at buffed scarlet linen scales which seems to have a more pinkish/salmon colored hue.

Your knife is the first ghost red that I've seen in the wild and I still haven't seen a knife yet with scarlet linen.

Last edited:
I was looking again at buffed scarlet linen scales which seems to have a more pinkish/salmon colored hue.

Your knife is the first ghost red that I've seen in the wild and I still haven't seen a knife yet with scarlet linen.

View attachment 2258752

Someone had recently posted a CPK with the scarlet linen scales but as my short term memory is waning because of older age setting in, I have forgotten who it was and which CPK he had posted, haha!

Regarding Ghost Red, there were some FK2s with these but since FK2s are now archived, I guess that is why we don't see too many of the GR scales any more. The ones on my BFK-CW are actually slightly blemmed (one side has a tiny nick) which Jo had mentioned to me and had asked if that would work for me (I wanted something as close as possible to the Red / White / Blue colors) so I was very pleased that GR was still available and that the blem didn't matter to me :)

View attachment 2258752

Ghost red is nice. Even the puppy approves. Has a slight green hue to it when held against the light.

2022030511085163-IMG_1918-X3.jpg

My contribution to this thread, a ghetto grind BFK in CW which rolled off the UPS truck a bit earlier on this eve. Many thanks to my compadre and my mentor @fonedork for the great assist (his penultimate proxy ever!) Jo as always did me a solid one by hooking me up with all the purdy accessories.

I can't believe that they all would do me like this!

View attachment 2258725
Nice looking knife!

Back