BFK - Cruwear Thread

The hollow grinds take a minute. I start with a fresh 50 grit blaze and dunk every pass. It s unnecessary, but I never take a chance. The fresh 50 peels away the material. Starts fires too
Thanks for sharing that. I’ve been wondering about how you handled that to preserve the heat treat. But I imagined a whole lotta dunking love.

My first go round with the BFK didn’t grab me, as I prefer the signature touches on the FK2. THIS one though! Mmm…

My first impression was how not ghetto the ghetto grind looks in person. HD pics accentuate the grind coarseness IMHO.

zLurNHJ.jpg

Always hard to capture a hollow grind in a pic, so I put a straight edge on there for comparison. It is sweet!
23b6UFZ.jpg

And just for kicks, here’s a 22x loupe/cell phone pic of the very clean edge straight from the shop. Any curvature you see is my setup. CPK sharpness is much appreciated and not often duplicated at this level of care from other makers in my experience.

Thanks for your excellent grind work Mark! :thumbsup:
LRtr1RO.jpg

Feel different from D3V when sharpening ? Or too much beer involved ? (not that there ever can be too much ....)
I can't respond to CPK in Cruwear, cause I don't have one..... But with (My) Cruwear, I was surprised how well, and easy it sharpens.... Like WOW! It has a certain feel on the stone. It Wants to be sharp, and it likes being sharpened.... I got mine Too Sharp. Seriously too sharp.
I think My edges are thinner, so it's a little different. but I'm sure Nathan's will be very impressive, too.

I have to admit, one of my reasonings for trying for a CW BFK (aside from being interested in checking out Nate's CW), was as potential for trade fodder to pry something else loose from someone else's mitts, due to the limited number of CW BFKs.

Now that I've had a chance to check out this hollow grind CW BFK though, I don't think the trade fodder part of the plan is going to be a thing 😅

Thanks to Nate, Jo, Mark and all the CPK crew! Yet another winner! 😄

Last edited:
I have to admit, one of my reasonings for trying for a CW BFK (aside from being interested in checking out Nate's CW), was as potential for trade fodder to pry something else loose from someone else's mitts, due to the limited number of CW BFKs.

Now that I've had a chance to check out this hollow grind CW BFK though, I don't think the trade fodder part of the plan is going to be a thing 😅

So that trade we discussed for the lightly used WE folder is off?

My contribution to this thread, a ghetto grind BFK in CW which rolled off the UPS truck a bit earlier on this eve. Many thanks to my compadre and my mentor Fonedork Fonedork for the great assist (his penultimate proxy ever!) Jo as always did me a solid one by hooking me up with all the purdy accessories.

I can't believe that they all would do me like this!

IMG_0319.jpeg

My contribution to this thread, a ghetto grind BFK in CW which rolled off the UPS truck a bit earlier on this eve. Many thanks to my compadre and my mentor Fonedork Fonedork for the great assist (his penultimate proxy ever!) Jo as always did me a solid one by hooking me up with all the purdy accessories.

View attachment 2258725

Niiiice!!!

View attachment 2258725

Cool scales! :cool:

Are those Ghost Red Micarta?

Back