Bicycles!

went for a great ride with a couple old friends yesterday, which was awesome since I usually ride solo. I don't think I stopped talking the entire time, lol.
It was hot as hell!
RgeQNLL.jpg

rode down a mountain road from Appenzell,Switzerland and got flashed because i went over the 37mph/60kph speed limit...love it when that happens :)

Screenshot_20220803-130011_Gallery.jpg

The mighty Rhine was very milky today

Screenshot_20220803-133910_Gallery.jpg

Forgot to post pics of my last biketour/hike/climb.

fully loaded:
Screenshot_20220908-200527_Gallery.jpg
Screenshot_20220814-171950_Gallery.jpg
Screenshot_20220814-171845_Gallery.jpg

Camp set up after 7 hours of riding and 3.5 of hiking...time to relax

Screenshot_20220814-171801_Gallery.jpg

4am two big steaks for breakfast

Screenshot_20220814-155103_Photo Editor.jpg
Screenshot_20220917-211607_Gallery.jpg

On top of Piz Timun 3200m/10'500ft

Screenshot_20220814-171736_Gallery.jpg

Got new kicks!

5.10 Trailcross GTX...I was a bit sceptical at first because Adidas bought 5.10..so far so good.
Toebox is roomy enough for me.

View attachment 1956801

Also saw this frankenbike outside the bike store:

kinda like it tbh...

View attachment 1956804
Huh... didn't know that. I have a couple older pairs of 5.10 shoes. One is one of their old MTB line and the other is a hiking/approach shoe.

Their Stealth rubber really grips rock like nothing else (also provides REALLY sure footing on shingles when going up on the roof).

I wonder if that means we'll see Stealth rubber on Adidas shoes?

Huh... didn't know that. I have a couple older pairs of 5.10 shoes. One is one of their old MTB line and the other is a hiking/approach shoe.

Their Stealth rubber really grips rock like nothing else (also provides REALLY sure footing on shingles when going up on the roof).

I wonder if that means we'll see Stealth rubber on Adidas shoes?

I got an old Tennies pair with plenty holes..it's the ultimate ciclying/approach shoe for me. Even used them for trailrunning...
Stealth rubber really is the best on rock, probably why most climbing shoes are made with it. There are different grades of stealth rubber, some are softer/harder.

Sadly, the new Adidas "5.10" are nothing like the originals. The soles are bit stiffer and not as grippy. I bought mine for commuting.

Check out Unparallel shoes, a company by the original founders of 5.10. Ride Concepts also makes great MTB shoes with the good stealth rubber.

I got an old Tennies pair with plenty holes..it's the ultimate ciclying/approach shoe for me. Even used them for trailrunning...
Stealth rubber really is the best on rock, probably why most climbing shoes are made with it. There are different grades of stealth rubber, some are softer/harder.

Sadly, the new Adidas "5.10" are nothing like the originals. The soles are bit stiffer and not as grippy. I bought mine for commuting.

Check out Unparallel shoes, a company by the original founders of 5.10. Ride Concepts also makes great MTB shoes with the good stealth rubber.
This last bit is good to hear. I’ll be checking them out tonight. I’ve always used 5.10 guide tennies for approach/hiking shoes. Always the mids for ankle protection and so I get less of the trail in my shoes. The first thing adidas did was quit making the mid version. I scoured the interwebs and bought three pair. I’m down to my last pair.

Last edited:
Back