BK handles/sheath

I like the handles but hate the sheath, best knife for the money even if it cost more.

I would think that smooth handles when doing alot of chopping would be beneficial and not cause friction and blisters like micarta might( only a theory).

Buy the 7 and then the rest.

Not a bad idea, plus you have some tinder.

Only negative for the sheath is the single huge loop. The handles weren't to my liking, though I will have to give it another try, have a bk7 coming my way. The sister company/site to spec-ops has the large sheath on clearance FYI.:thumbup: Is that considering deal spotting?

No, no links were posted and price was not listed. You slid by on that one. :D

Moose

If you want a little more tackiness, the easiest fix IMO is to simply stretch some bike inner tube over the handle.

if you want tacky... how about a pink BK2? :)

The BK-7 is a great knife, first BK&T knife I ever owned and still love it. I've done a lot of chopping with it and never had any slippage issues at all.

When I first got it.

IMG_2113.jpg

IMG_2114.jpg

IMG_2116.jpg

IMG_2129.jpg

IMG_2122.jpg

A year later...

IMG_4820.jpg

IMG_4822.jpg

IMG_4824.jpg

When I chopped through this log in 5 min. 42 sec. with the BK-9 I never had any slippage at all and yes my hand got sweaty.

IMG_2778.jpg

IMG_2783.jpg

I love my BK7. I took 60 grit sandpaper to my scales. Added just the right amount of friction.

Last edited:
I love my MK7. I took 60 grit sandpaper to my scales. Added just the right amount of friction.

And here's a great point to remember. These knives are affordable workhorses. If you're not 100% happy with the traction of the handles, it takes VERY little effort to modify them to suit your wants and there's no regret of modifying them, as you might get from a high-end custom.

These knives are not designed a to be safe queens. They were made to be used and used hard... but DAMN! They still look great! :D

I haven't seen this idea posted in a while, but back when Becker talk was mostly in W&SS, I used to see threads where people had sand blasted the Camillus handles. Haven't seen that mentioned on this forum yet.

If you want a little more tackiness, the easiest fix IMO is to simply stretch some bike inner tube over the handle. Takes a bit of tugging and rolling to get it right, so be sure to install it with the KNIFE IN THE SHEATH! (You have been warned.) It does make for a grippier handle.

Or do like Wanderstrand (sp?), and use a soldering iron to lightly melt dimples into the grivory. I just finished doing that on a second Becker and I love it. I had my BK-2 fly out of my hand and scare the fecal matter out of me once. I don't care for lanyards, unless I have no other option. After putting new micarta grips on my 2 I'm quite happy. I just need to break them in now. Kinda tough though with the weather lately. I believe that Bladite mentioned that the grivory breaks in and gives a better grip after extended use. I had a Brute for several years but didn't notice this because I had the grip hockey taped. It's wonderful to read peoples opinions\experiences here because they constantly teach me. Live and learn I guess. :thumbup:

Back