BK9 Losing it's Virginity! Pics!

Looks like a beautiful place. You need a bow in your life (longbow, of course :D ) so you can do some shooting in your yard. I recommend a Howard Hill longbow - they look great in the company of Beckers.

20101215_ac_12.jpg

---

Beckerhead #42

I've got an EsKabar under the tree. It is wrapped already so I couldn't take it out today.... :D

Traditional archery is something that I want to get into. I had a compound, a Bowtech Alliegance last year but had to sell it to pay the bills. It was nice, but there is just something about the look of those traditional bows that I love.

That's a little more money that I have to spend right now. Eventually though....

very nice! i'm jealous of that yard! i can just spend endless hours just sitting there, drinking and batoning wood.

Wow, I really like that tomahawk. Who made it? Becker should make a tomahawk (a Beckerhawk?). The BK9 is not bad either. Sorry, I'm rambling.........(mmmmm, Beckerhawk....)

Nice pics. Looks very much like around here WHEN IT'S NOT -500 AND UNDER TEN FEET OF SNOW ! Alright, maybe a slight exageration.;) Now I know that I will get a BK-9 soon. I kinda like em nude though. I might rip off what Moose did to his, looks pretty cool. Love the hawk also BTW. :thumbup:

Wow, I really like that tomahawk. Who made it? Becker should make a tomahawk (a Beckerhawk?). The BK9 is not bad either. Sorry, I'm rambling.........(mmmmm, Beckerhawk....)

It is a cold steel trail hawk. If you go to the axe, hawk, and hatchet sub-forum there is a 918273947102934123401234703470123470 page thread on just that particular hawk. A lot of people don't like cold steel, but their hawks are great for the price, I paid $25 for mine.

Nice pics. Looks very much like around here WHEN IT'S NOT -500 AND UNDER TEN FEET OF SNOW ! Alright, maybe a slight exageration.;) Now I know that I will get a BK-9 soon. I kinda like em nude though. I might rip off what Moose did to his, looks pretty cool. Love the hawk also BTW. :thumbup:

Thanks, I may end up stripping the BK9, I kinda like that scruffed up looking black though.

I stripped the hawk head right after I got it because it came in scratched up(dang ebay sellers). I put a mustard patina on it today after I got done playing. It didn't turn out very dark but I have heard that they can get darker after a bit so I will leave it for now.

very nice! i'm jealous of that yard! i can just spend endless hours just sitting there, drinking and batoning wood.

Thanks, it isn't very big, that pic is pretty much the entire yard. Less grass to cut. :thumbup:

I don't get to get out there as much as I would like between working 12 hour shifts on 3rd shift for as many hours as I can to pay the bills, having my 6 month old daughter during the day, and trying to sleep a hour or two here and there.

That's why it was so great today, the wife was at work, daughter at her grandparents, and I had 5-6 hours by myself. Lot's of hawk throwing, hawk modifying, playing with the Becker, doing a little cleaning up and generally just enjoying being outside.

I've got an EsKabar under the tree. It is wrapped already so I couldn't take it out today.... :D

Traditional archery is something that I want to get into. I had a compound, a Bowtech Alliegance last year but had to sell it to pay the bills. It was nice, but there is just something about the look of those traditional bows that I love.

That's a little more money that I have to spend right now. Eventually though....

I hear ya. They are fun to shoot and if nothing else sells you, you need to hold a longbow in one hand and your compound in your other for a moment. My 60# longbow weighs next to nothing - it's no chore to lug it around the woods all day. :D

---

Beckerhead #42

Absolute Sweetness...........

your wife's gonna kill you, what are you gonna tell her when you open it up, unsheath it, and its USED !!

also, does the hawk throw well??

Absolute Sweetness...........

your wife's gonna kill you, what are you gonna tell her when you open it up, unsheath it, and its USED !!

also, does the hawk throw well??

Yeah it throws great. Once I found my range I could stick it pretty much every time. Now when you get good you can alter your throw to stick it from anywhere, but I ain't that good yet.

Well, she knows I've been playing with it in the house, and I've already shown it to her and she has no interest in knives whatsoever, so I'm just gonna open it and not unsheath it and give her a big ol kiss and she'll never know. :D

VERY NICE place you have !! My parents have a place like that and they are going to sell very soon. It's a place where all my Momma's Boys can get together, drink a beer, chew the fat, put on CAMO, and act like a bunch of kids playing hide-and-go-seek in the acre of trees they have. Ahhh... to be 10 again ! Now we can do it "under the influence!"

Beckerhead #32

Becker BK9 and a cold steel trailhawk now thats a nice combo.
Looks like time well spent.

Congratulations on that early Christmas present......the BK9 is the way to go. It's my favorite in the lineup. :thumbup:

Can't wait to get my hands on a Magnum Camp.

that looks like a great gift too bad you had to wrap it up;). it looks like it might give my scrapyard sod a run for its money

Back