BKT REINHARDT KUKRI EFFINGHAM, ILLINOIS U.S.A. ?

Garage sale find. Says he bought it "years ago." No box. Original lanyard.

Leather sheath Handle slightly different and a choil in front of the handle. Saber grind. 13.25" x 1/8" blade. 18.6" OA. Horizontal: "BKT/ REINHARDT/KUKRI." "Effingham/ illinois/U.S.A." on reverse side of blade. Looks printed on.

Found this picture and it fits:
1MmUZp6.png

I assume it's the real deal from the Blackjack era -25 years ago, yes?

If so, how many made?

Real deal and a great find! Looks to be in excellent condition. That one is made out of 440a and that is a sandblasted finish.

Not sure how many made... They made a lot less in the carbon steel no-logo version. I don't trust any production numbers i've seen online. It was a production blade back in the day so it would be fair to assume quite a few were made.

Effinghams stands for effing no good.
I’ll get rid of it, send it on over. I’ll pay the effing postage cause I’m in a giving effing mood. :p:D

Nice score!!!:cool::thumbsup:

I got the top one at a gun show 25 years ago. "Brute," right? Sort of grey flat enamel paint coating and no markings.
Yes the Brute, or BK1, Shhsss not to loud
The Brute is 1 of less than 100 done so that be a rarity,
Again another nice find what else you got hiding? all of dem Beckerheads wood luv to C

MzMlvZ0.jpg

I got the top one at a gun show 25 years ago. "Brute," right? Sort of grey flat enamel paint coating and no markings.
Yeah that is the brute, not the best working knife but looks so damn cool doesn't it?!
Great Find and the real deal
Original Combat Kukri 1000+
Beadblast the 1 you have 500
Sterile Version less than 200
I'd love to hear where you got your numbers from...

Yeah that is the brute, not the best working knife but looks so damn cool doesn't it?!

Kool Brute Depends on who ju ask

Ylg71KZ.jpg

Blackjack Era Owner then some production schedule, The Steriles was a Bitch so lowest number produced

Hence the stamp on da Blade, #1 Kukri Sterile and Da #15 Campanion, thats why some take off the scales

MYbq20z.jpg

Back