Blade-fondlers

always playing with my CRKT M21 flicking it open. or my new ripple had to loosen it up just a touch. my buddy found a smaller 3" M16 once that was too tight so I broke it down for him, cleaned it, took out the stupid safety on the lock and adjusted the tension.

My dad carries a m16 edc, had to do that to his too, gunk in the lawks system, but he actually likes it, so I reassembled it the way it was, and let me tell you, the autolawks was a PITA to get back together right. Took me an hour and 45 minutes just to get the bottom scale reassembled.

I actually just a couple hours ago took mine apart and cleaned and lubed it. bunch of grime and lint was slowing it down. just this morning I picked up a kershaw oso sweet with the speedsafe spring assist and it's sure fun to play with this thing. love the way the blade just come flying out on it. it's considerably smaller than my M16 but it still fills my medium/large hand well and is a sturdy little bugger especially for <$30 knife. much nicer than the ripple I just got.

Kershaw's good stuff. Don't care for the Ripple either. Too thin and pointy and feels like you could crush it flat in your hand.

Anybody have one of the Dozier Bobcats or Bulldoziers? I like the look of the latter but wish it were made of something other than AUS8.

Kershaw's good stuff. Don't care for the Ripple either. Too thin and pointy and feels like you could crush it flat in your hand.

Anybody have one of the Dozier Bobcats or Bulldoziers? I like the look of the latter but wish it were made of something other than AUS8.

I don't hate the ripple but if I had been able to handle it before I bought it I would have passed. I think I'll do a mirror polish on the metal parts and it'll be my "gentlemen's" knife. the kershaw is a WAY better knife and they both cost the same. I still love playing with the AO.

Yeah, Kershaw's speedsafe is really fun to play with... The chive is my gent's knife right now, tiny little bugger with A/O

my spot on the couch is a knife station. Sharpeners of all kinds and strops on the shelf under the end table, an old large samsonite makeup case filled with knives of all shapes and sizes under that. On top of the dog kennel in the living room is my sword rack for the occasional swing of my hanwei katana or CS barong(the real one with the wood handle and polished)

Handling, polishing, stropping, sharpening is all part of any movie or tv show at my house

Yeah, Kershaw's speedsafe is really fun to play with... The chive is my gent's knife right now, tiny little bugger with A/O

a few years ago my a good friend of mine and knife guru presented me with a chive on behalf of the church that I volunteered for and he was the pastor of. he picked it out and had it engraved with my nickname. too small for me and my biggish hands but it is fun to play with.

Yeah, it's tiny, but it doesn't scare the sheeple. Looking at a Leek, it's bigger, and just as eligible for a gent's knife as the chive is. Especially the gold one... Pimpocity inbound :D

I knew someone would bring that up. A F/U on pimproids. :D
What are we missing from this PDC (pimp daily carry) ?
Oh, I know! A gold tini Sog Powerlock! :D:D:D

I would, but my knives are all high carbon. :( I should get an knife made of H1 just to fondle in front of the TV while eating salty fries and not worry about rusting/pitting. :p

hawaiianhawk- yeah, my Benchmade 530s Pardue was in my hands last night... The axis is fun!
Magnaminous_G- Spyderco Salt 1, anybody?

Looking at a Leek, it's bigger, and just as eligible for a gent's knife as the chive is. Especially the gold one... Pimpocity inbound :D

Do it! Your pimpometer will go thru the roof!
6385650701_5700279a51_b.jpg

I love "fondling" my knives! I don't just play with them though, I do things to improve their performance. I actually find stropping/sharpening to be quite therapeutic, to be honest. A bit relaxing, almost.
Knives...
Nothing better than a sharp edge.

hawaiianhawk- yeah, my Benchmade 530s Pardue was in my hands last night... The axis is fun!
Magnaminous_G- Spyderco Salt 1, anybody?

Funny you mention that. I'm actually currently in the process of getting my first custom stainless, inspired by this thread (well... partly inspired by this thread; I've been thinking about it for a while). But I might get one of those H1 Spydercos, too, eventually. :D

When you get it, we have to see it. ;)

Oh, I most definitely will. Since I joined BF, I've posted all my new acquisitions with plenty of pictures. Always nice to share a quality knife with people who will appreciate it.

I've worked out the final design with the maker, and he's going to start on it soon. Lots of pics to come in the hopefully-not-too-distant future. I will be nice to have a knife I don't necessarily have to wipe down after every use (unlike my 52100, 5160, XC90, etc.... which perform like pros but which will pit rust from fingerprints if not wiped).

bfnewbie- I feel the urge to slap someone now... :D
Hawaiianhawk- +1. we need to see it.
Maganimous_G- Congrats on the custom! Will she be a fixed, or folder?

Back