Blade-fondlers

72 degrees? Wow, that's warm. Sunday morning it was around 24 degrees in central KY, got the deer moving though.
Seriously, 2 does coming straight at us, buck chasing em, and then they got spooked.
Clipless Kershaw Vapor is being fondled right now.
BTW moose- ever had a combo handle with a piece of healthy stag in the middle, buckskin washers on each side, capped off with a brass buttcap? One of my friends has many knives like that, they are GORGEOUS

72 degrees? Wow, that's warm. Sunday morning it was around 24 degrees in central KY, got the deer moving though.
Seriously, 2 does coming straight at us, buck chasing em, and then they got spooked.
Clipless Kershaw Vapor is being fondled right now.
BTW moose- ever had a combo handle with a piece of healthy stag in the middle, buckskin washers on each side, capped off with a brass buttcap? One of my friends has many knives like that, they are GORGEOUS

Damn, otherguy, pics or I'm gonna cry over that one.

Moose

Lookie here, boyos.

Randall3502562FRONTnov.jpg

Drool. Major drool.

Yep, Randalls are beauts.

Playing with my new Desert Mule I picked up today. Beefy, but smooth action. Nice loud ~snap~ open and shut.

I've got the bk7 back in my hands again. I love it.
I want a Randall so badly, but the waiting period is somewhere around 6 years last time I checked. Maybe I can get one from AG Russel or someone similar.
To completely change the subject- have you ever noticed that Ka-Bar's 1095 has almost supersteel like qualities? It patinas, not rust (around here at least, in Kona we had aluminum rust) and will hold a shaving edge for an incredibly long time (for carbon), all while retaining that "carbon steel sharpenability"

Guilty of fondling big time. Stupid axis lock is like crack for someone into knives.

I've got the bk7 back in my hands again. I love it.
I want a Randall so badly, but the waiting period is somewhere around 6 years last time I checked. Maybe I can get one from AG Russel or someone similar.
To completely change the subject- have you ever noticed that Ka-Bar's 1095 has almost supersteel like qualities? It patinas, not rust (around here at least, in Kona we had aluminum rust) and will hold a shaving edge for an incredibly long time (for carbon), all while retaining that "carbon steel sharpenability"

Yeah, patience is a virtue when it comes to RMK's but there are other ways to get them, TAGannon, and dealer on here has a few, and many others. AG is a good source.

Loves me some RMK's, but until I can afford them, I can buy Kabars all day long. :D

Moose

Fondling the 4050 just grabbed another as this is becomming my favorite EDC but love them Bucks, did someone say Randall My all time favorite would be the Twin handled pair or maybe my 124 or maybe the Kabar club knives or well I could go on and on to enjoy use and share the many knives and that mule is got my name all over that. Happy and Safe Holidays to one and ALL
4050002.jpg

4050003.jpg

4050006.jpg

randall001.jpg

buck124005.jpg

KabarCKandNewDogs167.jpg

mmmm, Ka- Bar, Randall and Buck... Three of my favorite knife companies.
Well said Moose. If (and when) I get a Randall, it will be direct, they're cheaper that way. But currently I have neither the patience nor the dinero for a Randall, so I'm settling for a BK7. :D
Hardly settling at all, it's a great user...
Buck Vantage Select (large) is in my sweaty meat mitts now.

You got some beauts up there, Nutoknives. That high-polished blue Kabar and your Randalls are gorgeous, and I've always liked the look of the Buck 124.

Got my new Mule in hand, open-shut, open-shut.

Definitely handle-heavy. I posted a first-impressions thread in the Review forum and have links to it and Guyon's review over in the photo thread. I like it. Reminds me somewhat of a big nasty Buck 110.

Thanks hawaiianhawk they are from my cousin's collection with the exception of the gun-blued Kabar as that is the 30th anniversary knife from the Kabar collector's club which I was lucky enough to aquire from an ex-Ka-Bar employee THANKS JOE, the knife is 1 of only 110 and made my day when Joe let me purchase his to finish the yearly CK knives as I told my cousin I would try to finish prior to his passing. I love that Mule but have depleated my funds for the year good thing only a week to go and I can start on the 2012 budget. Happy Holidays to One and ALL

I just got a Brand Spankin' New BK11 Necker, so, its gonna be my fondler for a bit, me thinks.

Moose

Definitely handle-heavy. I posted a first-impressions thread in the Review forum and have links to it and Guyon's review over in the photo thread. I like it. Reminds me somewhat of a big nasty Buck 110.
Thanks, that's a good way of describing it. Thanks for the review headsup.
Had my 110 on my belt all day ( shoveling compost and placing trees) so that's what I was fondling throughout the day.

Speaking of 110's, I was playing around with the options on Buck's Custom Shop website... S30V blade, silver bolsters, koa flamewood grips... Mmmmm... ;)

I do that all the time! Can't afford any of the ones I make up, but it's fun.
"Spyderdropping" a 110 is fun too... Not recommended without gloves though.

I fondle my knives way too much, good to see I am not alone. I do it pretty much everywhere too, once I was doing it late at night and was noisy enough to wake up my family. :p

Back