Boker Kressler Subhilt 02BO190

Nice writeup on the Kressler Subhilt in the September Edition of Blade Magazine (pp. 15-17). According to the article:

"Boker USA President Dan Weidner indicates he is excited with the response from those who have seen the Boker Plus D.F. Kressler Subhilt Fighter at recent shows."

I'm excited too. In fact, I'm so excited I'd actually like to buy one. Any idea how soon they're going to start showing up in U.S. dealer inventories, Terry? :confused:

Last I heard was a July delivery, but that wasn't firm. I'll let you know if I find out anything more concrete.
Terry

Boker + Kressler + Subhilt = WINNER! You can definitely count me in for one of these just as soon as they become available. I don't think they are going to have any problem at all moving these knives - especially at that price point. :thumbup:

UPDATE: The Boker USA site still says that the Kressler Subhilt will be available in July, 2010. But the German site says it won't be available until August, 2010. It was originally supposed to be available in May, 2010. It appears as if Boker is having a little trouble getting its signals straight.

Do you know when this knife is actually going to show up, Terry? Or are you as confused as I am?

Last edited:
Boker has it on their site, doesn't say if they're shipping already.
VERY beautiful knife indeed.
02bo190.jpg

Have not heard anything yet, and at this point, I'm confused as well.
The day I hear something, I'll post it here.
Terry

Boker has it on their site, doesn't say if they're shipping already.
VERY beautiful knife indeed.
02bo190.jpg
I love fighting knives and I don't have a subhilt. If the Boker/Kressler collaboration turns out to be as good as it looks, I can't imagine getting more subhilt for the money. :thumbup:

Have not heard anything yet, and at this point, I'm confused as well.
The day I hear something, I'll post it here.
Terry
Fair enough, Terry. Thanks.

Last edited:
I love fighting knives and I don't have a subhilt. If the Boker/Kressler collaboration turns out to be as good as it looks, I can't imagine getting more subhilt for the money. :thumbup:
You can get a Cold Steel Black Bear Classic for roughly the same money (slightly less than Boker MSRP but we have to wait to see how much retail it will be). Rougly same dimensions too, although the Boker is extremely thick for a fighter at 7mm.
Boker really knows how to HT 440C, but the San Mai III on the Cold Steel is excellent too.

I would not know which to choose from these two. They look very much alike also.

I just checked Boker's website and it now says:

THIS ITEM WILL BE AVAILABLE IN NOVEMBER 2010

:(

But hey, maybe this will make a nice Christmas gift from Santa to yours truly!!!

I just found this out for sure on Friday. I will try to keep on top of this one.
Terry

No updates, still looking to November for this one.
Terry

After receiving the Collectors 2010 yesterday and seeing the excellent job done on this knife, I am really looking forward to the Kressler. Boker is doing a fantastic job bringing the knives they are to market, and for such reasonable prices. Kudos to Boker!!!

Back