Book Contest Begins! Enter Here!

Knife tip: Pointy end toward enemy.
Daily carry: Dozier Personal Utility
Why I'd like the books: They look great on the shelf next to Cassady & Sanchez.
:D

Cool contest, two thumbs up for your generosity.

1. Develop your mindset/mental attitude/will to survive at all costs.

2. AFCK & 710

3. Don't want the books, but if anyone has them in a .doc or .wpd or .pdf file, I'd like a copy of them...

Tip: Bring a gun. (Preferably belt-fed, full-auto and mounted on an APC... :D )

The blades I carry right now: Gerber Guardian + Spydercard. Reason: It's summer, and to hot to wear enough clothes to conceal larger blades.

Why I want to win: Simply because I haven't read any of those books.

K.

1. Always carry your blade in the same place, so you don't have to go searching for it.

2. Spyderco Endura

3. Don't have any knife books . . .yet;)

Thanks for the contest.
Best regards,
Argyll

Hey Ray,

(1) Run like hell is good advise! Plus it's a lot cheaper in the long run, both in medical and legal cost.

(2) Lately I've been carrying my Spyderco Military and a CRKT Neck Peck with cord wrapped handle and lanyard extention for a better grip.

(3) I want them cause I don't have them, nuff said. LOL

Gene Herring

The contest is over and the winner is: Vess
Email your address Vess and I'll get those books to you Pronto.
Congratulations Vess and thanks to all that
took the time to enter.
Ray Smith

Vess, congrats.

Some folks have emailed me for my review but to be fair to Vess, I won't post it yet. I will email the review to those who asked privately.

I WON I WON I WON...
Wish I had put more thought to my knifefighting advice, though... :)
Well, a year of browsing this forum just keeps on giving... :D
Thanks for the Contest!

First, thank you, Ray, for the contest.

Now, see the questions:
1. Give one knife fighting tip (run like hell
would be a good one).
When using small fixed blade (Schrade Sharpfinger) concealed in a hip pack, use a thong with large bead that hangs out of zipped pocket unconspicuously for easy grab without making the knife visible. Also, use loose leather sheath inside the pack instead of a tight kydex so you can pull the knife smoothly. Leather is quiet too.

2. Say what knife you carry and why.
Schrade Sharpfinger in a hip pack while jogging in the city park against potential dog attack. Small but sturdy blade has wicked point, unquestionably legal size, low price tag and fits nicely in hip pack. No lock and opening problems. Concealed carry of a knife is legal requirement here. Small hip pack is absolutely innocent-looking, provides great access in front position, can carry OC spray and handkerchief too and does not interfere with movements.

3. Tell us why you would like to win these
books.
To start my learning curve..... and to be able to use any knife as a law-obeying responsible citizen if necessity rises. (Remember 9/11?)

HM

:rolleyes: What the heck, is it already over?!!!!!
Anyhooo, congrats Vess!

HM, who should sometimes read through the whole thread :rolleyes:

Congratulations Vess! And a big thank you to Ray for the generousity of sharing these books with the forum members in such a way, shows a lot of class.

Cris

Congrats to Vess and a big "Thank You!" to Ray for using the Forum in such a positive manner.

Way kool.:)

Aw man! I kept telling myself to come back here and post. But I forgot. Anyway, congrats Vess. Great contest Ray. I'll get in in time for the next contest.:)

Just got the books, and they're great. One is positively stuffed with pictures of custom and production bowies, including the one from "Commando".
Ray shipped the same day contest was over, and somehow managed to dissuade our beloved Canadian customs from disemboweling the package, like they always do, so the package got to my door in record time.
Many Thanks, Ray!
Great books!
:D

1) Strike hard, strike fast, strike silently, then vanish.

2) CRKT Bladelock.
Cheap, sturdy, and I'm the only one that can open it quickly.
Used for opening packets, boxes, carving wood, sharping pencils, and cutting up food.

3) Knowleadge is never ending. It helps you grow.

Back