- Reese Trapper in stag - D2
- Reese Trapper in hand jigged/dyed bone - D2
- Reese WT in German bone - 154CM
- Tony WT in Remington bone - 440V
- Reese WT in stag - 154CM
- Reese Stockman in German bone - 154CM
- Tony Stockman no. 3 in green bone - D2

XBwawTC.jpg

maybe this has been discussed earlier, but how does Reese compare to Tony? Is he mostly carrying on his father's path or is he also taking any new directions on his own? I greatly admire both of them. Just curious as I don't know a lot about this, obviously.

maybe this has been discussed earlier, but how does Reese compare to Tony? Is he mostly carrying on his father's path or is he also taking any new directions on his own? I greatly admire both of them. Just curious as I don't know a lot about this, obviously.
Reese is currently carrying on building knives like his father taught him. He’s gone back to using pivot bushings also. He makes an exceptionally fine knife. I’ve had some people tell me his latest work is better than his dads. I can’t confirm, other than I got to coon finger and chicken eye one of the new 5 blade sowbelly punch stockman that he built and it’s probably the best built, fit and finished knife I’ve ever laid an eye on.

Reese is currently carrying on building knives like his father taught him. He’s gone back to using pivot bushings also. He makes an exceptionally fine knife. I’ve had some people tell me his latest work is better than his dads. I can’t confirm, other than I got to coon finger and chicken eye one of the new 5 blade sowbelly punch stockman that he built and it’s probably the best built, fit and finished knife I’ve ever laid an eye on.
Reese was always a quiet, thoughtful guy. It's great to hear that he is refining the work that his father started!! A great legacy!!
Tony's knives are great! Reese's are even better, if that's possible!! 😲

Reese was always a quiet, thoughtful guy. It's great to hear that he is refining the work that his father started!! A great legacy!!
Tony's knives are great! Reese's are even better, if that's possible!! 😲
Careful with that last comment, Charlie, it can start a fist fight in some circles. But I cautiously agree lol.
Tony was more than just the knives.
This is very true.

I thought I read recently when I was researching more about Tony and Reese that the blade numbers mean that 0 is first in a run following the prototype followed by increasing numbers of next knife he made but I can't find what I read earlier and its driving me a bit crazy. How high up the run did Tony go number wise? Is it the same for Reese? Were they all exactly the same in terms of cover material?

Can someone explain what the numbers on the blade mean? Thank you.

Last edited:
I thought I read recently when I was researching more about Tony and Reese that the blade numbers mean that 0 is first in a run following the prototype followed by increasing numbers of next knife he made but I can't find what I read earlier and its driving me a bit crazy. How high up the run did Tony go number wise? Is it the same for Reese? Were they all exactly the same in terms of cover material?

Can someone explain what the numbers on the blade mean? Thank you.

Tony would typically stamp "PROTOTYPE" for the first of a new pattern and 0-9 for the following knives. He didn't always have the prototype stamp so there are potentially proto knives out there with "0". Also, he didn't always number every knife, so there is that. If someone has a numbered knife, I suppose it would be more valuable and potentially easier to track and date when it was made.

Tony would typically stamp "PROTOTYPE" for the first of a new pattern and 0-9 for the following knives. He didn't always have the prototype stamp so there are potentially proto knives out there with "0". Also, he didn't always number every knife, so there is that. If someone has a numbered knife, I suppose it would be more valuable and potentially easier to track and date when it was made.
Thank you

There are also a couple examples that I am aware of where Reese or Tony have stamped the same number on two knives, I think just by mistake. Off the top of my head, one example is two 1123s with red bone made by Tony both stamped 3.

Back