Box O Goodies Spring '15 Sign-up and Tracking Thread

On it's way to Ray. Not sure if it went out yesterday afternoon or today as times of service are changing at the local post office.

On it's way to Ray. Not sure if it went out yesterday afternoon or today as times of service are changing at the local post office.

Me Ray? Is there another? I'm on the list - looking forward to the box party :thumbup: :)

Just brought the Box O' Goodies up from the mail box. I needed a hand cart to carry it :eek:. Yikes, it's heavy. Not bulging though - I think Wade could have added a few more things :D. Kidding, of course.

Anyway - I'm in the work mode now so can't peek but will open tonight for sure. More as it happens :thumbup:

OK - here is my little haul -

The quarter ¢ is just included for scale. I have a new little lock back for my "pajama" knife. :thumbup:, a tool box hawkbill, a
kitchen parer and a lanyard - purpose not yet specified.

I have no idea how I will reload the box. :confused: It was stuffed perfectly upon arrival. I hope to do as good a packing job. Will be off to Brett K. today.

Thanks for this. Interesting and fun.

Update II

OMG - This box is stuffed! Great job packing Wade and good luck to Brett. You'll need to want some of the big stuff or send out with 2 boxes at this rate. I ended up ALSO taking a cast iron painted fish bottle opener. Just no room after 3 attempts. :eek:

Last edited:
I received the box last night and dug in to it this morning. Unfortunatley the compass in the box didn't survive the trip
20150616_103240_zpsfdvmy943.jpg

the liquid broke and spilled so I did a little bit of cleanup and used a new box.

Now on to the treasures:D
A wooden fridge magnet that I mainly removed to make room for the items I wanted to add.
20150616_110734_zpsunmtvt4h.jpg

A flint fire striker
20150616_103356_zpshkdd4gra.jpg

and last but definitely not least a Case Texas toothpick in what looks to be blue jigged bone.
20150616_103336_zpsc9gbwj96.jpg

I have restocked and repacked the box and it will be on its way out on Thursday. I do have to make one spoiler for an item I put in. The orange paracord in the box is actually 550 Firecord, the center strand is like coated waterproof jute twine and can be fluffed to catch a spark and burn for about three minutes.

The box is on its next leg of the journey, hope whoever gets it next played a lot of Tetris when they were younger.

it's here -- heavy little sucker, too!
going to be some tough choices in this one.

been wanting one for a loooong time!
the russian keychain bottle opener is pretty cool, too - the caplifter unthreads and has a knife blade on the other side.

been wanting one for a loooong time!
the russian keychain bottle opener is pretty cool, too - the caplifter unthreads and has a knife blade on the other side.

Let me know how that leather sheath holds up on the CRKT:D it was my first attempt at a simple sheath.

Just opened up box. All I grabbed was the piece of fire cord. I'm going to replace the box cause it came pretty beat up:)
I'll add a few things. It's jammed packed!
Thnaks

Back