Brand of fixed blade to compliment emersons

I really like the ESEE 3 Mil clip point. Carry it at work in a Alabama holster co. pocket sheath.

While I don't own any Emersons, no-nonsense and made in USA just screams ESEE to me.
No fancy stuff - 1095, black coating, micarta handles and blades that just work. Damn good knives
I'd suggest getting the Laser Strike. Cheesy name aside, its a great allround blade and the larger handle puts it ahead of the 4 IMHO.

ESEE: x2, good quality materials and manufacturing and get-er-done design, best bang for the buck.
I'm a fan of Scrapyard too, for the same reasons, but also for the res-C handles that are my preferred extreme cold-weather handle material.
For a step up in prettiness and design/material variation (and price), Bark River.

Winkler

18518230_1326533720734070_8514791780071474505_o.jpg

I have a bk9, that's a pretty good complement. Keep meaning to change the scales on that thing, to something like G10, but a bit of Elastoplast sticky tape is doing the job well to add grip, yeah, it looks like crap that way, but it works.

I would say Esees are a good compliment as tbey are tough American made no frills kind of knives with that military kind of feel. Tops knives as well. I think the Spyderco Street Beat makes a good urban edc companion.

If you're packing your Emersons for an urban SD type role then Emerson makes a version of La Griffe which is a great little compliment. The Perrin La Griffes as well. I think my Silent Soldier neck knife fulfils dual SD and utility roles better than the La Griffes which are more of a strictly SD backup thing.

I'm not a huge Emerson fan to be honest, but I think Becker knives in many ways mirror large parts of the Emerson philosophy. Very tough, excellent ergonomics, good warranty, USA made, heavy focus on function over form. That would be my personal pick, but you definitely wouldn't go wrong with Busse, ESEE, Winkler or the other blades sughested here.

I admit that I am partial but in regards to some the attributes that makes Emerson knives attractive to use such as ergonomics, no BS functionality and the like - I have to vote Becker ... knives that work for a living.

Moreover, like EE, Ethan Becker is engaged with his following, passionate about what he does and very generous with his time and expertise.

No wonder I have more Emersons and Beckers than anything else.

Yup, I agree, but damn, I never did understand the choice of scale material. Hence my Elastoplast treatment, lol.

Becker relies upon the shape, not the texture to provide grip. It may not impress you upon first grasp, but through extended use/task sessions, the material, texture and shape will reveal their virtues.

Government Mule?

Incidentally, I don't think I've seen a single post on that knife. Kinda want one, but there are like 2 reviews on the entire Internet lol!

I'd like to see some usage vids/pics/posts of that one!

P. S.
Wonder why they went with copper beryllium for the non magnetic EOD version. Wouldn't titanium work?

Just some thoughts. . .

Government Mule?

Incidentally, I don't think I've seen a single post on that knife. Kinda want one, but there are like 2 reviews on the entire Internet lol!

I'd like to see some usage vids/pics/posts of that one!

P. S.
Wonder why they went with copper beryllium for the non magnetic EOD version. Wouldn't titanium work?

Just some thoughts. . .

I'd like to see reviews on the mule as well. I think it's just more costly than a kabar.

About the eod... I guess titanium is very hard to machine and sharpen and keep an edge. However, we have had bronze for edges... god, that was a Freudian slip, I'll keep it. Ages, I meant.

I'd like to see reviews on the mule as well. I think it's just more costly than a kabar.

About the eod... I guess titanium is very hard to machine and sharpen and keep an edge. However, we have had bronze for edges... god, that was a Freudian slip, I'll keep it. Ages, I meant.
Titanium doesn't hold an edge that well. I have a Charlie Mike titanium iwb/pocket bowie with a carbide edge. It rarely gets used but it follows me everywhere.
That being said, I suppose the CMTFW blade goes with what Emersons I have left.

Hard to find at a reasonable price point now, but a Mad Dog would compliment an Emerson folder well. Made in U.S.A., SEAL approved, imitated but never replicated, and the ergonomics (the main reason Emersons are so well liked, IMHO) are fantastic. The ATAK is a neutral balanced, do-it-all, indestructible, piece of kit.

Mark

Back