Breaking knives

Buying anything based on paranoid hypothetical situations is pointless. More often than not your ability to use your tools will save you, not the tool itself.
:thumbup:
Also the thing is this a consumer society where the majority of people are brainwashed into the belief that "the more expensive something is the better it is".
Its about needing to have what is perceived to be (or is marketed as) the "best of the best".
Of course theres nothing wrong with a little conspicuous consumption as long as you don't financially bankrupt yourself.
;)
The thing is there are quality tools available in most price ranges if you do your research. You don't need to mortgage your house to get good tools.

Really there are the two extremes of personality type when it come to kitting out for a new hobby. Some want to spend as little as possible irregardless of quality and others want to spend as much as possible being mostly interested in going for the maximum "bling-bling" factor.
In a lot of cases these two types often get bored with it and move on to another hobby within a short period of time. Which of course is great for "long-termers" who can then pick up good used gear on the cheap.
:)

Yeah, you must have needed a big, serious blade to open a can this big.

Hey, I said this with more than just a little tongue in cheek. Just wanted to be clear on that in case my earlier posts on the subject didn't show which side of the fence I sat on.

It is sunny today....yesterday was sunny. It might rain, I don't know, I like coffee..do you like coffee? I like JUJU Bees..they are tasty. I like pizza, with sausage. Once when I was a kid, I broke my thumb...it hurt. Sometimes I like my cat, sometimes I want to step on his head...does anybody else feel the same way? I saw a bird today, I was looking out the window when it happened.....If I cut my hair..it makes me look younger, I think. My computer makes me mad sometimes...REALLY MAD. I think that pizza is good..but tacos are better! TACOS are really tasty....I like the snow. Do you like the snow? If you leave your clothes in the washer for 3 days they will stink really bad, but you won't know it...and then when you are in line at the store...the person behind you is thinking " wow, this guy stinks" .....If you stub your toe on a butterfly, does it rain in CHina??? I like beer...cold and wet, I always say...I don't get hangovers anymore? I tested my liver the other day, its tough. If you sneeze and blood comes out, your dying! I once saw a train hit a truck...it was bad. Dog can and will bite you, if you kick them in the balls...repeatedly. Don't tell me sharks aren't scary...they are. What pixel is your camera? mines 3000 times better than yours. If you pick your scabs you will get scars..if you pic your scabs at work you will get fired..really. Don't cut your fingernails at your friends house...its rude. Or your toenails...they stink. Arterial Blood is funny...I don't care who you are...its funny..........................

This made coming back to this thread worth it.

Back