Bret Dowell Knives

VCM3

Dealer / Materials Provider
Platinum Member
DSC01298-1.jpg

This is a 3-3/4" shadow trapper.Modified clip point ss blade,natural canvas micarta
On yur screen,and in my pocket :cool:
-Vince

This one's the only one currently on hand but Bret wrote me last night to let me know that another one is on the way...:cool:

orig.jpg

Elliott,I think you'll be really pleased.

Here's the blade
DSCF2742.jpg

DSCF2744.jpg

Elliott,I think you'll be really pleased.

I've no doubt, Vince. The little sampling of Bret's work that I've seen up close has proven to be very clean indeed. And his prices...well, they are a steal for the level of workmanship. :thumbup:

Bret asked me if there was any other knives I've been after,besides the EDC pocket knife
I told him I was asking a few makers to whip up a straight paring knife,to go with my kitchen stuff.
I know U guys know I really dig my kitchen knives & I use them alot.
So I showed him a few pics,measured up a Chicago Cutlery that I grab for alotta tasks & this is what he came up with & I gotta say,he nailed what I was looking for. A really handy ,no nonsense style.

Here it is with the trapper
DSCF2763.jpg

And alone
DSCF2759.jpg

DSCF2761.jpg

With the Chicago Cutlery
DSC01311a.jpg

And with a mini Santoku Bret made for me a ways back
DSC01335.jpg

The little sampling of Bret's work that I've seen up close has proven to be very clean indeed.
I have to agree with Blues. This little sample in green canvas micarta just happened to be on my desk when I saw this thread.

IMG_0178.jpg

Last edited:
I only have one Bret Dowell knife, a swayback that I carry on Sundays and special occasions.

mybretdowellswayback2.jpg

Well, here's a little tease that Bret just sent me of my new knife that's enroute.

It's Bret's pattern as inspired by Jerry Halfrich's interpretation of the Loveless "City Knife". (Hey, if you're gonna be inspired, who better? ;))

When I originally told Bret that I wasn't in the market for a wharncliffe blade he mentioned that he had also drawn the pattern up with a modified wharncliffe...and off to the races we went. :cool::thumbup:

The knife is 3.75" closed with a blade of 154-CM and green canvas micarta scales.

(More images and impressions to follow next week upon its arrival.)

orig.jpg

I think I'm gonna be a happy fella. :thumbup:

Nice paring knife, Vince! What kind of steel does it have?
I've got to admit, I use my kitchen knives three times as much as I use my pocket knives. They may as well be the best!!

Charlie it is ATS -34 I think,maybe 154 CM

Elliott,nice one,that looks real unique & perfect!
-Vince

Last edited:
Back