Buck Collectors Club Inc.

Looks like it did. The current "REV" newsletter on the BCCI site now shows the original price...again. Also, in the Members Only Store there is a link to the ordering form and that shows the original price. :)

I cannot believe that they are not sold out yet.

A shokwood handle is a $150 option on the 119 in the custom shop!
I wish they would sell out already : )

I keep going back and forth each day if I should buy one. Issues holding me back:

Shokwood is too varied (as is other handle materials) - I might not like the knife at all. I have seen some shokwood that reminds me of fixing the handle with something like JB Weld. It just doesn't look good.

As for other handle materials, for example, ironwood - even if it isn't the "best" looking ironwood, it is still going to look nice. But with shokwood, do I want to take the chance I receive a knife that looks like a JB Weld mashup ?

Also, is the handle too small to show off the shokwood appropriately ? The 119 is a much larger handle ? (show off the shokwood better)

Just my thoughts on maybe why the knife hasn't sold out yet. At least my reasoning for not making a decision yet.

Anybody know when they'll be shipped. I reserved one and paid for it. I'm a BCCI Lifetime member, I don't buy a lot of club knives, most just don't speak to me and I'm a definite fixed blade fan and have a couple 117's. A phenolic and a Brahma, I really like the styling of the 117, have never really looked at the Shokwood. Now, you guys have me second guessing myself. I don't spend $200 on a knife very often and if I get an ugly one, well, I guess I'll learn to love it.

Anybody know when they'll be shipped. I reserved one and paid for it. I'm a BCCI Lifetime member, I don't buy a lot of club knives, most just don't speak to me and I'm a definite fixed blade fan and have a couple 117's. A phenolic and a Brahma, I really like the styling of the 117, have never really looked at the Shokwood. Now, you guys have me second guessing myself. I don't spend $200 on a knife very often and if I get an ugly one, well, I guess I'll learn to love it.

I ordered one and I'm really looking forward to it! I'm not second guessing myself at all. I didn't want to spend the money on both, I chose the 117 club knife over the 112 December BOTM and based on my personal tastes, I know I made the right choice - for me.

Anybody know when they'll be shipped. I reserved one and paid for it. I'm a BCCI Lifetime member, ……..
From the BCCI website, BUCK had planned to ship the early part of January. Today is the first weekday so, anytime…

Just keep in mind that those that chose to have the BCCI member number engraved on the knife will delay shipping a bit longer than those without the engraving.

I agree that the BCCI forum doesn't have much activity but membership does have its benefits:

1. Discounts when purchasing from the Buck website. (you have to sign up for it)
2. Tons of historic information on the BCCI website outside of the forum where we chat.
3. A quarterly newsletter.
4. Opportunities to purchase knives and other items that are exclusive to BCCI.
5. A Members Only store.
6. Probably some other benefits that I'm forgetting.

B BennyBlade

Your beef has been echoed numerous times by numerous members including myself.

"Why pay for a membership when all of the information on the Club site is given freely to anyone who asks either here or on FB?"

Apparently the folks running the Club these days don't see it the way you and I (and many others) do.

By the way... I think you meant >35, not <35, meaning over 35, not under, yes?

B BennyBlade

Your beef has been echoed numerous times by numerous members including myself.

"Why pay for a membership when all of the information on the Club site is given freely to anyone who asks either here or on FB?"

Apparently the folks running the Club these days don't see it the way you and I (and many others) do.

By the way... I think you meant >35, not <35, meaning over 35, not under, yes?
So statistically, people under the age of 35 in the US, are not using Facebook. Less than 10% of teenagers use it as their primary social media.
I really don't understand why a club trying to promote outdoor culture would want anything to do with FB anyway.
Buck Knives: For A Life Lived Outdoors (on weekends and Thursday nights between 430 and 10.)

I agree that the BCCI forum doesn't have much activity but membership does have its benefits:

1. Discounts when purchasing from the Buck website. (you have to sign up for it)
I didn't know about this. If you are buying from them often, you can save a lot of money. I do wish they would realize they are losing a ton of potential by conducting business on FB rather than hosting their own forum.

Back