Buck-n-Guns

Didn't want y'all to think I had no love for Ruger.

Here are two special pieces that have been in my collection for a few years. The 119 was given to me by my dad for Christmas in 2018. He realized I didn't have a 119 in my collection at the time so he wanted to rectify the oversight. He went to the local Walmart and picked out a standard 119 at random. On Christmas Eve when I opened it, I was excited as you can imagine, but I was even more thrilled when I looked at the date code on the box label and it was my 40th birthday! So it's my very special Special.

The Ruger Blackhawk (1972) was also gifted to me by my dad. He had had the gun for decades (I think he bought it off his brother-in-law) and he knew it was one of my favorites so, on my 41st birthday he decided it should be mine, along with the vintage Hunter western style cartridge belt/holster rig.

Best,
Matthew

IMG_6609.jpeg

And I thought my full size 1911 is a little large for concealed carry. Of course, I'm 5'7", 155 lb.

Our son is slim and fit, not husky. What's funny is, his main carry is a HK P2000 and he's been carrying for six years, so he's very comfortable with the whole conceal carry thing. But every time he carries the 29, he says he feels like he's breaking the law. 🙂

Thanks RLB! Yes, it's been shot many times. Over the years, I have taken several deer and one wild boar with it. Our 26 year old son even occasionally conceal carries it in the holster.
Great. It should be shot. Beautiful, yes but cleans up to that Beautiful deep bluing. Conceal carrying it in the shoulder rig with a light jacket is awesome
Didn't want y'all to think I had no love for Ruger.

Here are two special pieces that have been in my collection for a few years. The 119 was given to me by my dad for Christmas in 2018. He realized I didn't have a 119 in my collection at the time so he wanted to rectify the oversight. He went to the local Walmart and picked out a standard 119 at random. On Christmas Eve when I opened it, I was excited as you can imagine, but I was even more thrilled when I looked at the date code on the box label and it was my 40th birthday! So it's my very special Special.

The Ruger Blackhawk (1972) was also gifted to me by my dad. He had had the gun for decades (I think he bought it off his brother-in-law) and he knew it was one of my favorites so, on my 41st birthday he decided it should be mine, along with the vintage Hunter western style cartridge belt/holster rig.

Best,
MatthewView attachment 2492057
Another Beautiful pairing

Okay, one more for good measure while I'm still feeling inspired.

These are my first two. My first gun - a 1978 S&W Model 63 Kit Gun bought by my dad for me right after I was born. And my first knife - a 1984 Buck 422 Bucklite. Of course it was several years after he bought either that I was able to use them, but he was always planned for the future, and I'm glad he did.

Best,
Matthew

View attachment 2490695

My first real Buck was a 422 just like yours and also a gift from my father. I carried it on my belt through much of my college years and then for a while when I was in grad school.

Recently released Ruger Mini-14 Tactical variant that includes the folding stock and bayonet lug. Nostalgia got the better of me (A-Team :p ), so I had to have it. Well made rifle.
20240213_164027_60.jpg

20240213_163944_60.jpg

What better way to pair a Buck knife with this rifle than attaching a Buck 188. I didn't have a 188 in my collection, so I had to pick one up (thanks Craig!).
20240217_113432_60.jpg

20240217_113447_60.jpg

Last edited:
Two of my favorite things... Just got the 110 Auto with my points at Scheels. Both are so smooth.

kaCwzWG.jpeg

I've always loved the "Made in the 200th Year of American Liberty" stamp on the '76 Rugers. Here's my '76 Ruger Mark I with a Custom Buck 110 - both with walnut handles.
Me too! I have a couple more bicentennial Ruger revolvers I bought from a guy who was “retiring” his collection.

I’ve always loved those Mark I’s configured like yours as well. It’s beautiful!

Me too! I have a couple more bicentennial Ruger revolvers I bought from a guy who was “retiring” his collection.

I’ve always loved those Mark I’s configured like yours as well. It’s beautiful!
Thank you. It's a great shooter too.

Back