Buck-n-Guns

I'm not just into revolvers...

eCOrAIS.jpg

And finally a trio for the woods that have proven themselves over the years. The 110 was brutalized when I rescued it a few weeks ago, but it still locks up like a bank vault and it sharpened up really well. I'm looking forward to putting it to good use. The OT has been a faithful user for almost 30 years when I needed a rough use stockman. The Model 13 doesn't really need any explanation. Just a great shooter.

cxoFz1b.jpg

You must have big pockets and strong pants. I carry a G30, and I would never think to pocket carry it.
I guess I must. The 30 is often my choice when my wife and I go hiking. I don't really notice it. It's not necessarily for going to town with (in my pocket). But having something heavy in my pockets has never been a problem for me. It started as a kid. I hauled all sorts of junk around in my pockets. I've carried a Leatherman Super tool or Surge in my pocket for decades and regularly carry a 110. Sometimes at the same time. Stainless J-frame Smith's are frequent companions too. I just want to have the right tools with me for whatever might happen.

I will say this though, having a good quality belt makes all the difference.

And finally a trio for the woods that have proven themselves over the years. The 110 was brutalized when I rescued it a few weeks ago, but it still locks up like a bank vault and it sharpened up really well. I'm looking forward to putting it to good use. The OT has been a faithful user for almost 30 years when I needed a rough use stockman. The Model 13 doesn't really need any explanation. Just a great shooter.

cxoFz1b.jpg
That Model 13 looks awesome! Thanks for sharing.

That Model 13 looks awesome! Thanks for sharing.
Your welcome! It's not a show piece but it's perfect for hauling around our property. It came from a correctional facility that carried a lot and shot little. The action is smooth but the timing is still right on. I have much nicer S&W's but this is one of my favorites.

This is the Ruger Blackhawk I showed last week, but after I dug out some old walnut NM grips I had stored away. Looks much better and matches the Buck Knife better too, separate photos today but I will get the together in one shot soon. OH
Ruger-Blackhawk-41-Magnum-New-Model-3-old-walnut-grips.jpg

Buck-110-Three-dot-Folding-Hunter.jpg
How old is the 110 OH? It looks like it still has the squared off bolsters like mine, and I've had mine for about 50 years.

mill428 mill428 The Henry and the Buck pair very nicely. How do you like the action on your 45 Colt Henry? OH
Old Hunter Old Hunter , the Henry shoots really smooth. The action is tight and has never had a hiccup. It's fed everything we've loaded into it. It was purchased originally by my Dad. We were at a gun show maybe 6-7 years ago. He always wanted a Henry rifle growing up and even though it wasn't the original company, he liked the idea of a lever action 45 Colt Henry. We haven't shot any sledgehammers through it. Mostly my 200 gr LRNFP reloads out at my place. It feeds them without a hitch and when you pull the trigger, there is a gentle push instead of a violent recoil. I'm sure it would different with a stronger load. It's heavy though so that helps.

I have been taking my Dad to radiation treatments for the past week and coming home Friday he told me he wanted to give me something. When we got home he went and lulled out the Henry and his pristine 870 he bought new in 1972. The Remington, I bet has shot a thousand pheasants, geese and duck. And he was always very diligent about cleaning it when he got home. It's still like new. I was stunned when he presented them to me. He said, "I'm 82 and even if I kick this cancer, I doubt I'll be shooting much more. It brings me more joy giving them to you now." I told him he knew where they would be if ever he needed to throw some lead. I'm in the process of making a display to hang the Henry in my office. Someday they will both get passed down to my son. Although my daughter can outshoot both of us some days, so she might grab one of them. :)

Thanks letting me tell the story.
Craig

Great story Craig, my best for your Dad in his treatments. My Dad, 88 and in pretty frail condition, started giving me his guns and knives about ten years ago. Makes you feel bad because you know what it means, but it does give a Dad a good feeling to know his son (or daughter) values his stuff and what they represent. OH

Recently released Ruger Mini-14 Tactical variant that includes the folding stock and bayonet lug. Nostalgia got the better of me (A-Team :p ), so I had to have it. Well made rifle.
View attachment 2499029

View attachment 2499030

What better way to pair a Buck knife with this rifle than attaching a Buck 188. I didn't have a 188 in my collection, so I had to pick one up (thanks Craig!).
View attachment 2499042

View attachment 2499043
Don't be offended by the laughing emoji... this picture just makes me really happy...

Great story Craig, my best for your Dad in his treatments. My Dad, 88 and in pretty frail condition, started giving me his guns and knives about ten years ago. Makes you feel bad because you know what it means, but it does give a Dad a good feeling to know his son (or daughter) values his stuff and what they represent. OH
Thank you, Bruce. Old Hunter Old Hunter The treatments haven't been easy but they could be worse. Dad was always very athletic and active. The last few years he's taken a real downturn. It's an odd chapter of life when someone you always thought was 10 feet tall and bullet proof begins to admit they are in the final chapters of theirs. However, he came over tonight and I showed him his Henry now hanging prominently on the wall in my office at home. He was pretty overwhelmed and overjoyed that I would value it as he did. It's funny how inanimate objects can do that to us because of where and who they came from... I'll see if I can get a picture up tomorrow of his 870. You know, to stay with the theme of the thread. :)

Back