can we have a beckerhead limited edition knife?

10" long pure bk-2 sweetness. i will buy one in a heartbeat :D

10_inch_bk2.jpg

Dude! That is some high class knife pr0n right there.

---

Beckerhead #42

Na, the junglas is still the king of the forest.

Perhaps, perhaps not. Its an imagination thing. At a full 1/4" thick with a sabre grind, Junglas would have a tough match on its hands. I say that, because the BK9 is already a very efficient chopper, its an 1" shorter, and 3/16" thick, it comes close to the Junglas already for chopping power.

The BEASTK2 would come in at 2.5lbs, full sabre grind, and Becker handle ergos. Scientifically speaking, it should surpass the Junglas in sheer physics.

But, its all theory and conjecture, its just fun to talk about.

Hmmmm, BEASTK2, I like the sound of that.

Dude, I've been married 11 years. My arm already looks like that.

Been married 15yrs, both arms look like that:p

:grumpy:

:D

Moose

Sigh, yeah, I need to switch arms to get them back to the same dimensions. Maybe using the left will feel like it's someone else doing it.

Dude, I've been married 11 years. My arm already looks like that.

tmi! tmi! haha.

Dude! That is some high class knife pr0n right there.

---

Beckerhead #42

i knew you'd like this one!

Hmmmm, BEASTK2, I like the sound of that.

Moose

ooh, that just rolls off the tongue! quick, gotta ask ethan to patent that name right away. we have the specs and a name already...holy, we're getting things done!

IIRC I was ridiculed for thinking of such a thing by a 'mod' here on the board... :D

this is my thought, an extended BK2 in the 10" range, and yes with a good sheath like the junglas I'd pay $150.. but lets not say that out loud, because $140 sounds better, better yet $100 with inexpensive sheath:p

because 1/4" thick is silly! 3/8 thick! 1/2 inch! remember you have to increase the thickness radically for every inch of length ;)

and it's not you, but i really wonder, where this war-cry comes form for 1/4 inch thick knives? is there even a market for that?

i AM used to buying 3/8 thick Khukris. they're over built, because they think Americans are as big as yetis, and ham-fisted, and we chop down bears and redwoods with them. heh. but performance-wise? we already have complaints a standard KaBar BK-09 Combat Bowie is *too* heavy for field use.

mmm

still, a special edition knife would be fun. KaBar would have to be a decider, unless they do custom work with a minimum known order, and everyone pre-pays like 9-12 months in advance, re-tooling... dunno.

Bladite

because 1/4" thick is silly! 3/8 thick! 1/2 inch! remember you have to increase the thickness radically for every inch of length ;)

and it's not you, but i really wonder, where this war-cry comes form for 1/4 inch thick knives? is there even a market for that?

i AM used to buying 3/8 thick Khukris. they're over built, because they think Americans are as big as yetis, and ham-fisted, and we chop down bears and redwoods with them. heh. but performance-wise? we already have complaints a standard KaBar BK-09 Combat Bowie is *too* heavy for field use.

mmm

still, a special edition knife would be fun. KaBar would have to be a decider, unless they do custom work with a minimum known order, and everyone pre-pays like 9-12 months in advance, re-tooling... dunno.

Bladite

a lot of busse's are 1/4" thick...some are even longer than 10" and thinner than 1/4"...some are the opposite.

a lot of folks buy the bk-2. a 10" version will significantly increase it's chopping ability (i'd say it'll exceed that of the junglas) but will only weigh 2 lbs or less.

why do people want a 700 hp lamborghini or a hummer h1? because it's fun to play with :D

i AM used to buying 3/8 thick Khukris. they're over built, because they think Americans are as big as yetis, and ham-fisted, and we chop down bears and redwoods with them. heh.

That's me! Give me an overbuilt, yeti-friendly, ham oriented, bear and redwood chopper and I'll be a happy boy. :D

---

Beckerhead #42

Over built and heavy, don't seem to matter. People do love zombie killers. The cutlass machete is a perfect example. Busse kin, The RD series, the Heavy bowies, both from Ka-bar and Ontario, are all .25" or thicker. IMO what sets Beckers apart is the geometry and function of the blades. More than just sharpened Prybars. To me the BK9 is a great mix between a good chef's knife and a survival bowie. I'm going to go out on a limb, and guess that Ka-bar has this issue addressed and we will see their solution with the release of the new line up. This has a heavy Toojimoto feel to it.

I think at that point the BEASTK2 stops being a knife and starts being a sword. Either way, you can sign me up for one. I think trees would fall over at the sight of it, and logs would split themselves in fear. And rightly so. But the economic ramifications would be bad for the lumberjack market. I mean seriously, turn a bunch of us loose with those bad boys and you wouldn't need to pay someone to chop anything down.

Any way we could see some mocked up sheath designs for that? Might as well go for broke since we are daydreaming here.

well, now we're starting to get into HI territory and the mega sized extremely overbuilt chitlangi bowie... 1/2 inch thick, 58 inches, 24.5 inch oal... it's a bit much :)

HEY! how about a special edition CROWBAR! for playing Half-Life!

1048274812_okUDK-XL.jpg

mmm

10_inch_bk2.jpg

if this were cleaned up and larger, i'd use my printable t-shirt stickers and make me a shirt or two, might even show up at Blade ;)

beckerland_beastk2.jpg

Bladite

I'd say it should beat the Junglas in chopping power, no doubt. I'd buy it, but I am not sure how much use this would see. When I need chopping power I go to a custom .28 13" golok :)

Back