can we have a beckerhead limited edition knife?

I like the looks of the BeastK2. Are we going for a big chopper or a chopper/Prybar? If we are going for a Chopper give it a higher grind. This gives us a thinner edge which would make it bite deeper. But if we want a Chopper/Prybar the grind is probably perfect.

FULLY CONVEXED GRIND !!! !!! !!! !!! !!! !!!

:)

Bladite

The Ontario SP8 survival machete is in that ballpark. It's got a thick edge, the Junglas, the Ka-Bar Cutlass Machete, and their Kukri all bite in much deeper.
I would think that the BEASTK2 would have to be convex ground, just to sink in. Otherwise you'd be working real hard.
I'd love to have a sample to test so that I could confim my suspisions. Send me one "normal" grind and one that's convex. I will gladly post my test results.

I would prefer it to be an 8 inch blade. 1/4" thick 8" blade would be powerful enough for anything. (I agree convexed would be great)

Ehhhhh, it's OK. I would still prefer a 12" long, 1/4 " thick BK-5 profile, with micarta handles and a convex grind. OK, OK, I know, I don't count, as I am not a Beckerhead. Yet. But there are too many 10" choppers out there, they all start to look pretty much the same after awhile or two. I have a Livesay RTAK, and it's not that much different from the Junglas, or your photoshopped BK-2. It's got a 10" blade of 1095, flat grind, clip point. And it works. BUT, a bigger, badder Magnum Camp Knife? A MAGNUM Magnum, if you will? (Or a Magnum +P, if you'll pardon the ballistic parlance) Now, THAT would get some attention. And rightly so. It would be the KING of factory choppers. Tell me I'm wrong....

Back