"Carl's Lounge" (Off-Topic Discussion, Traditional Knife "Tales & Vignettes")

I'm going to have to do something with my table soon! :eek: ;)

That is impressive. Your home must be full of all sorts of neat treasures, though I could probably spend a lot of time just perusing this photo.

So I threw together a quick tutorial for those of you who might be having trouble posting pics from your mobile device. Granted, this is only applicable to Imgur users on a Android phone. I can do something for iPhone users as well if folks would like. As Peregrin Peregrin has stated there may be helpful threads in the Tech Support area of the forums as well if you are inclined to venture away from the Porch at all.

Also @joeradza mentioned that you can upload pics directly via the "Upload a File" button located at the bottom right-hand of your screen but I believe that option is only available to paying members and I found that it is picky in regards to file size. When I tried it a little bit ago, it said my pictures were too big so resizing might be necessary for some.

Keep in mind that my android phone may be different compared to some and my buttons might look a bit different. However, the same principles apply here and it is pretty straightforward.

Be sure to download the Imgur app on your phone and sign in using your Imgur username and password. Once you are logged into app, you will see buttons on the bottom of the screen. Click the one that resembles a camera, it will take you to your phone gallery/pics.

bxteAr7.jpg

Once it takes you to the gallery, select the picture you want to upload and hit Next.

MXxh3Bu.png

It will bring you to a place where you can select whether or not you want it to be a Public post or a Private one. I usually do Private (Only Me) since I only use Imgur for image hosting, not for its social media format. Also doing it as a Private post makes it to where you do not have to create a post title. Once you have selected that, hit the Upload button. Once you have uploaded the picture, it gives you the option to View the pic. Click View and it will bring you to the Picture and it is from here where you can go through the process of posting to the forums.

Pressing on the pic (via long hold), brings up a short menu. Select Share Direct Link.

jdMPoR5.png

Doing so brings up a variety of options that allows you to share image link directly whether it be to a text recipient or other social media. In this case, simply select Copy to Clipboard.

4woYv6B.png

Once you have Copied to Clipboard, you can exit the Imgur app and go to your Internet Browser where BladeForums surely waits. Navigate to the thread where you would like to post your picture and select the Image link highlighted below.

ftXYkrd.png

Doing so brings up the following window:

D1JjybL.png

Long pressing the text box brings up the Paste command. Doing so pastes the Imgur link you previously Copied to Clipboard into the text box.

ozVDfKu.png

2eDLH0H.png

Click Insert after you have pasted the link. Make sure the link has the image file format at the end (.jpg, .png, etc).

gTWymcW.png

You should be able to finish your write-up and then Post Reply. Good to go.

Hopefully this is able to be somewhat helpful for some folks. If you still are having struggle, please feel free to PM me and I will be more than happy to try and help walk you through it.

Edit: Forgot to tag @W.M.B. Hopefully this can be of some use to you.

Last edited:

That is impressive. Your home must be full of all sorts of neat treasures, though I could probably spend a lot of time just perusing this photo.

Jack that's a good looking pruner laying on top of that pile.:thumbsup:

Thanks guys, I don't get out 'hunting' anywhere near as much as I used to, hardly at all in fact lately. Still, I've kept dropping bits and pieces in my 'virtual table'/shoebox every now and again, and the box is just about full! :eek: Now everything is back on the table I'm going to need to do something with it all. Watch this space! ;) :thumbsup:

Thanks again folks for your kind thoughts. This is one of the few pictures we have of our two labs together. (Couldn't get them to sit still lol.)
KIMG9061.JPG
Riles, the one we lost this week, is in back. The old timer in front, Indiana Bones, was with us from a pup. We lost him to cancer in 2015, age 13. When he went we had Riles to comfort us, but with both gone, it's indeed quite lonely here. I do find myself smiling to myself these last two days thinking about these guys.

On a lighter note, I agree with Alan. The $10 annual dues for a basic member is well worth it if you don't need an image hosting site for other reasons (e.g. sharing albums with family, etc) and you take your knife pictures with your phone. It's just a few easy steps that takes less time than it would take me to type them out.

5Y7c2sI.jpg

That worked great! Thanks for the fine tutorial Dylan.

This young fellow was in the yard yesterday.

Gary, it's younger sister jumped out and hit the side of our Explorer while on vacation last week. I was doing 80 down the start of a mountain when she landed on the road, ducked her head as she hit my driver door, turned her body into the back passanger door, and was run over by my back tire. Scared us to death. A split second difference and she would have been through our front window.

We were in the coal area of East, KY at the time. A woman pulled up behind us as I checked our car.
She said,
"Are ya gonna shot it." (It was still alive but hurt bad)
I told her all I had was my knife. She replied,
"K."
She drove back, hopped out in traffic, and popped it in the head as traffic drove by. She then pulled back down to me.
"Are ya gonna eat it or keep it?"
I said that I hadn't the room. She then took off back to the deer, loaded her up, and drove off. I figured my $500 deductible paid for their dinner that week.

Im just thankful that the timing wasnt worse as Adalynn would have certainly been impacted and we would have been in serious trouble.

Last edited:
Gary, it's younger sister jumped out and hit the side of our Explorer while on vacation last week. I was doing 80 down the start of a mountain when she landed on the road, ducked her head as she hit my driver door, turned her body into the back passanger door, and was run over by my back tire. Scared us to death. A split second difference and she would have been through our front window.

We were in the coal area of East, KY at the time. A woman pulled up behind us as I checked our car.
She said,
"Are ya gonna shot it." (It was still alive but hurt bad)
I told her all I had was my knife. She replied,
"K."
She drove back, hopped out in traffic, and popped it in the head as traffic drove by. She then pulled back down to me.
"Are ya gonna eat it or keep it?"
I said that I hadn't the room. She then took off back to the deer, loaded her up, and drove off. I figured my $500 deductible paid for their dinner that week.

Im just thankful that the timing wasnt worse as Adalynn would have certainly been impacted and we would have been in serious trouble.

Ouch, that's a harrowing tale, Brett. I'm glad it wasn't any worse then a terribly frightening experience and some vehicle repairs.

I've had a few deer mishaps. They sure come out of nowhere. None as scary as yours though.

I know some folks don't care for cats but my family and I do. My wife had a cat nearly 40 years ago when we got married and we've had one ever since. This is Tigger we got her from a rescue shelter and she is a big part of our family. She's the only pet we have and though some may not understand we really do love this old cat and all her antics. For all of our friends here that have lost their animal friends lately mostly canines I don't have a dog but I do know what it is to love a pet and would like to say I am so sorry for all that have lost your friends.

upload_2017-6-22_8-29-9.png

I know some folks don't care for cats
I've never gotten the impression around here that people don't care for cats. We've got 4 cats, and love them all dearly. We had a cat, not actually ours, but a neighbor's cat who had more or less adopted us, pass away unexpectedly 5 years ago and I was devastated by that loss and have in some ways never fully recovered from it. I understand how those who have lost their pets feel, and my heart goes out to them.

For years I was never a cat person. Didn't really understand the appeal, and I was allergic to them as well. When I started dating my wife, she had a cat, and I knew I had to make nice with it, kinda like if you date someone with kids you need them to like you too. Fast forward eight years, and that cat has me 100% wrapped. If I sit down, she is likely to be in my lap immediately. I have laid on the floor underneath our bed with her for close to an hour because she was scared of fireworks outside, and I didn't want her to be alone. We had a health scare with her a year or so ago. I took a day off work to go with her to the specialty vet. When they told us it was going to cost $2,400 for the procedures she needed, I had my wallet out before the bill hit the counter.

We even have another cat now, which I rescued, unconscious, from the center line of a busy highway, dodging cars in the dark. So much for not being a cat person.

I've never gotten the impression around here that people don't care for cats. We've got 4 cats, and love them all dearly. We had a cat, not actually ours, but a neighbor's cat who had more or less adopted us, pass away unexpectedly 5 years ago and I was devastated by that loss and have in some ways never fully recovered from it. I understand how those who have lost their pets feel, and my heart goes out to them.

you cant say you have 4 cats and not share pictures!!!!

i love cats, and if it was possible id wish there was a cat that stayed tiny forever as a kitten. they say its possible with dwarf breeds but that comes at cost. also i suppose if i didnt mind picking up after a pet, id get a cat someday.

I know some folks don't care for cats but my family and I do. My wife had a cat nearly 40 years ago when we got married and we've had one ever since. This is Tigger we got her from a rescue shelter and she is a big part of our family. She's the only pet we have and though some may not understand we really do love this old cat and all her antics. For all of our friends here that have lost their animal friends lately mostly canines I don't have a dog but I do know what it is to love a pet and would like to say I am so sorry for all that have lost your friends.

View attachment 723418

whose a chubby kitty! Randy what are you and Ann feeding Tigger!?

Back