CFK Knife update and company history

20160611_153332_zps5r9uer0z.jpg
[/URL][/IMG]

There it is!!! PIC of my handmade Bushcraft CFK knife!!

Looks like a huge chopper. That's quite a chunk of steel. Probably .25" thick and heavy. I like that bowie swedge. No one is saying you can't do stuff with those knives. I have done quite a bit with mine - I have one in the car right now. It is more about honesty and integrity and swindling business practices and lies (for some people). Some people don't like to do business and give money to sketchy, slippery, evasive, defensive knife importers. You do what you want and be happy with your bushcraft knife. Don't think that there are not other options though. Especially if you just want a large flashy good looking blade with cheap stainless steel. There are plenty of $15-$40 knives that are big and small. Some actually bushcraft worthy.

Looks like a huge chopper. That's quite a chunk of steel. Probably .25" thick and heavy. I like that bowie swedge. No one is saying you can't do stuff with those knives. I have done quite a bit with mine - I have one in the car right now. It is more about honesty and integrity and swindling business practices and lies (for some people). Some people don't like to do business and give money to sketchy, slippery, evasive, defensive knife importers. You do what you want and be happy with your bushcraft knife. Don't think that there are not other options though. Especially if you just want a large flashy good looking blade with cheap stainless steel. There are plenty of $15-$40 knives that are big and small. Some actually bushcraft worthy.

Thanks Crufflers,

Yeah, I reckon I got kinda defensive. Thank you for putting it in a way that I could understand. And I do now understand. It's not about the quality...but about integriry...in this instance. And I don't know CFK Knives personally. I do see and understand a lot of different things have been said on their part.

And I apologize for attacking Buck Knives. I actually own a Buck 110. LOL. It was all part of my defensive spark.

But for CFK, all I can speak on are the knives that I have bought from them. I am a lover of really big knives. He'll I own a handmade knife that has a 15" freaking blade. And that is the blade Alone!! I should just go ahead and call it a sword, lol. Made of D2 steel by Big Custom Knives.

I know that actually carrying that massive monster, just like this CFK Bushcraft knife, would Def. be a job. But as high quality as it is, I bought it because I like it, lol. Carrying it is a whole different thing tho.

I actually did try carrying it when I first got it. Razor sharp it is...A good swinging sword knife it would make...Home protection it Def makes...But carrying it, it does Not! LOL!

Anyway, I apologize to all you guys for my crassness! You know, for my crude attitude.

But let me just say that while CFK does dish out many different stories, the knives I bought from them seem to be very well made, and they hold an edge very well.

No one really knows where they get their steel or where their knives are made but them. And trust me, if they're lying to people just to make a few dollars, it will eventually be found out. But even so, I am really happy with the knives I've gotten from them. But I buy their IPAK line and none others!

Anyway, Thank you again buddy, for putting it in a better understanding way for me. And my apologies to Danke and others, whomever I offended.

Last edited:
IDK Danke...Couldn't tell ya! Do you know what a bushcraft knife is used for?? Then I am sure it's meant to be used how You would use one!

Do you even Have a bushcraft knife? Do you even have a knife at all? Are you a drama queen? You just come and sit around on forums trolling, looking for drama so you can put your worthless 2 cents in? Or possibly you are a jealous hater...Envy of others?

That's the kinda vibe I'm getting about you anyway!! I Coooluld be wrong but I don't think so.

That may be a knife you use outside but it sure isn't a bushcraft knife.

Free tip, don't talk about me; that's how you get infractions. Just talk about knives.

That may be a knife you use outside but it sure isn't a bushcraft knife.

Yeah it looks like it would chop and pry well, but that swedge would not make batoning easier and the grind doesn't look like it'd slice or feather very good... plus it might be about 6" too much blade length and 3/16" too much steel, hahah.

I'd call that an over-sized, over-weight fighter, nothing else.

20160714_231413_zpshy6yerlm.jpg
[/URL][/IMG]

Here is one of my other, more Practical IPAK Bowie Knives from CFK.

Now DANKE...I did apologize about all of that...But how is it you feel that you are justified to talk about someone. Yet when they reply back and do the same to you, you say that you will use your position here on Bladeforums and give them infractions!!

That is kinda abusing your authority and position, isn't it? Not trying to disrespect you in any way. But I always speak how I feel about something or someone.

If I disagree with something, someone, or something that has been said or done, then I have no problem with saying that! Life is way too short...and getting shorter all the time...to just hold things in and keep things in like a little b-t-h!

If this puts me on your Bad side or causes an infraction, there is nothing I can do about that. But if you want respect and to be respected then you also have to Give that respect!

Anyway, enuff said about that. And that matter is closed as far as I am concerned.

Anyway, again, here is my more Practical CFK IPAK Bowie Knife. As far as knives being too big...I don't have an issue with big knives. I love the bigger knives.I always carry a smaller knife as a secondary.

But I am rarely seen Without a big knife on my side. LOL! And I am sure there are things that cannot be done with that knife I posted earlier. Just like they're things that cannot be done with a smaller knife.

But in survival situations or self-defense, I'd much rather have a knife that's a little big and with a thicker tip and spine, than I would to have one that is too small and too thin. But that is just me. Besides, as our knife club president, Bob Schrap, described me when he was introducing me as a special speaker at our last club meeting...

I'm a big man who loves big knives...And I carry them too!! Hahahaha!

1. He has no "position." He was just giving you a very good tip. Members have been banned for refusing to stick to the topic and, instead, sticking it to other members.
2. "Practical" for what?
3. Pictures of use?

20160714_235852_zpsfut4siq9.jpg
[/URL][/IMG]

I know this is a thread about CFK knives but I wanted to show a pic of my Aitor NATO Magnum Bowie Knife, #16048. This knife, which was made in Spain, is Very Rare. Aitor does not make this knife anymore.

Story is, Aitor received endless numerous orders for this knife...So many orders that they simply got very backlogged. Also due to the orders and popularity, their Quality Inspection personnel were just overwhelmed with all of the orders, and Aitor just decided to Discontinue this knife and made a smaller version called the Aitor NATO Bowie Knife. This one did not sell overwhelmingly like the other one. And so orders and quality were maintained!

Of course, I find this story Incredibly Difficult to believe...Esp since the smaller one's number is #16047.

Still though, this knife is rare due to Discontinuation. And I just LOVE this knife!!

Putting aside where and how they are made it still feels like a steal getting these in the $20-40 range.
I've seen some scuffed handles and misground blades. I'm usually bidding on one.

No reason you can't get a value from Pakistan. If it cuts, it cuts, But CFK continues to attempt to mislead, the latest being claimed Norwegian special forces knives.

Reactions: Mo2
20160714_235852_zpsfut4siq9.jpg
[/URL][/IMG]

I know this is a thread about CFK knives but I wanted to show a pic of my Aitor NATO Magnum Bowie Knife, #16048. This knife, which was made in Spain, is Very Rare. Aitor does not make this knife anymore.
Looks nice. The guard bowie is a nice design too. I don't see guards much. I just got a really nice Hard Edge knives Tanto with a beautiful brass guard.

You can still find the Aitor if you really want to. knifeworks and a few other places have it in stock for around $80. Yup, the Magnum.

Thought I'd put my 2 cents worth.

Bought a Decepticon 2 model from CFK. It's obviously NOT a real Decepticon, but it's not $1K either. It's not a bad "tribute" though.

PLUSES- Big, heavy, 100% stainless, no titanium. If its bearing, they're tight. Sharp. Inexpensive at about $100 shipped.

MINUSES- Stainless pocket clip instead of milled clip, some of the milling is "off", as in the groove milled up the blade is off right to left. Line lock lever is low and difficult to reach to release blade. Comes in a box with fitted foam, no paperwork. D2 instead of S35V.

Now I bought this because I liked the style and I cannot play in your price range of $$$$. I carry and use my knives, but I like variety. Had a Kershaw Blur with a nice sharpening job by one of our members and it was fine. So its fine for me, but it does illustrate the foibles of playing this game. Not commenting on politics, right or wrong, or even world economy, just knife usage. I appreciate fine craftmanship, and HOPE someday to be that good.

Just my 2 cents worth.

Larry
Tinkerer

Sorry mate, you're thinking CKF (Custom Knife Factory).

This thread is about CFK which is a whole different company.

Like many others, I have been a lurker for years and came here looking for more info on CFK and their legitimacy, quality, etc.

I suspected before even reading every page of this thread (guess I am stubborn) was that they were paki knives. I mean, just look at them. They scream Pakistani knife. Everything about them including some of the outlandish designs.

I picked one out that was 'D2' and managed to get one of the auctions for less than $40. I was not going to go over that much for an unknown blade.

The knife arrived today and it looks decent. Very heavy. Too heavy really. My crappy little gerber with a 420 knockoff steel was able to scratch the brightly polished finish easily.
The vinegar test did cause some staining but not much. I don't believe this is D2 or one of the normal stainless steels. More likely a high chromium D2 knockoff that is not properly
hardened.

The knife actually seems decent, hefty and worth the $36 I paid. I cant fault it being worth the money (for now).

Anyway, the real bombshell for me having gotten all into the drama provided by this thread was when I opened the package and removed the metric ton of bubble wrap from around it, wrapped inside wrap was a torn piece of wrapping with this inside:

http://i.imgur.com/t7O0nzN.jpg

I laughed out loud. The same company name and approximate address is here:

http://www.companiess.com/black_smith_sword_info2143170.html

It doesn't bother me in the least except for them being deceptive about it. Knife is worth what I paid and seems pretty tough.

I will stick with BRK, Esee, Blackjack, Ontario, etc for future purchases, just for the fact that I can verify the claims.

Reactions: Mo2
Anyway, the real bombshell for me having gotten all into the drama provided by this thread was when I opened the package and removed the metric ton of bubble wrap from around it, wrapped inside wrap was a torn piece of wrapping with this inside:

http://i.imgur.com/t7O0nzN.jpg

I laughed out loud. The same company name and approximate address is here:

http://www.companiess.com/black_smith_sword_info2143170.html

Your going to have to do better than that, talk about deception, this is not true at all.

You must have opened some other package from another purchase on eBay becasue that is not ours...

Your packing slip must be from this guy below, based on the website link on the thread you posted.

eBay ID
black-smith-swords
(Feedback score 270)
100% positive feedback

Let's see the TO: line on that tracking label????

True. That shipping label is not like any from CFK. Appears it is definitely a different seller. All my CFK shipments were quick and packaged perfectly from the states with the blades wrapped safely and much better than most items I receive on the Exchange from makers.

No need to make stuff up. We just would like to know the origin of the knives and all the details of the manufacturing, heat treatment, finishing, etc...

Your going to have to do better than that, talk about deception, this is not true at all.

You must have opened some other package from another purchase on eBay becasue that is not ours...

Your packing slip must be from this guy below, based on the website link on the thread you posted.

eBay ID
black-smith-swords
(Feedback score 270)
100% positive feedback

Let's see the TO: line on that tracking label????

Says the seller of the "Norwegian Special Forces" knife. :rolleyes:

We just would like to know the origin of the knives and all the details of the manufacturing, heat treatment, finishing, etc...

customforgedknives.com has all our company information that we are going to share and links to our sales sites which offer detailed descriptions on our products.

Says the seller of the "Norwegian Special Forces" knife. :rolleyes:

Good ole Thomas... My favorite fan...

Like all knife companies and their tribute, commemorative, and history replica knives, we also have ours too. Our SF / Vietnam knives are tribute knives.

Thanks

I never said this was the packing for my knife. I found this torn piece of packing INSIDE my bubble wrap INSIDE the package.

My immediate thought was this is YOUR supplier.

It doesn't matter. I like the knife well enough. But claiming ALL of the info is on the website is sort of deceptive since there are several reasonable questions posted here that you refuse to answer and are not answered on the website.

Its pretty clear you are hiding something.

I don't have a dog in the race. Really. I like the knife. Its actually really nice looking.

I did some further vinegar tests which were interesting.

Left the entire blade soaking straight up in a Gatorade bottle. The steel had a patina that will not wipe off. It looks pretty cool too.

but it behaves like I would expect so that's a plus

hope you guys are successful and can master the PR challenges

Back