Chit Chat About Guns,,Reloading ,Ect

That S&W looks like fun. A little pain never hurt anyone!! I had a S&W 642 airweight for a while and was amazed at how well it shot too. You wouldn't think it, but the stubby revolvers can be pretty darn accurate. I should get off my butt and post a couple gun pictures one of these days. I don't have a ton of them like I would like to, but I do have a decent number of them.

Check out my new hunting rifle....

for friggin' dinosaurs.

OK,it's not mine,but dammmmmmmn.

[video=youtube_share;xohy9gWz7kk]http://youtu.be/xohy9gWz7kk[/video]

Thanks for posting that vid Mykel. Never seen anything like it... Its a damn cannon; those guys were getting tossed! WOW:eek:

Wow is right!! I might try it once. Not sure which shoulder I would use though the good one or the one that gives me trouble. I guess either way, one would be sore for while.

Anybody round here shoot 5.45?

I suppose its more of a plinker round.... Will perform just as well 5.56 and at almost a third the cost! 12 cents a round last time I bought it and that was shipped to my door! Price really makes it a whole lotta fun at the range, specially just to take out some friends for a good time. Comes in real cool 1080 round cans or 2160 crates with what I assume is Russian writing from the ex Soviet Union. The stuff I got was dated 72, older than I am and I have yet to have a single dud or misfire.... Not a big fan of the AK's so I built myself an AR though I now wish I had built or bought myself a piston upper...

The only downside of this ammo is that it is CORROSIVE and I mean no joke! I live in the low humidity desert and one outing with this stuff and a lack of cleaning for 2 or 3 days and rust begins to build up in the barrel, little bit on the bolt face too. This is easily countered with a quick swab of ammonia, both down the barrel and on the bolt face, though I have to wonder what it looks like inside my gas block and gas tube...

DSCF0633.jpg

DSCF0638.jpg

Besides that I am into the C&R weapons... Still need to pick up a CZ-82!

DSCF0625.jpg

A number of fun things there, my favorite being the FN-49, third from top, Belgium made Egyptian used semi-auto 8mm. :D

Really need to get into the reloading I am stashing brass like no tomorrow, I am pretty sure nobody in my town picks up their brass... Have a friend who's suppose to give me some equipment (nice press, tumbler, dies) cause he is too lazy to do his own... but don't really know too much about it.

Anyways hope I am not ranting in the wrong place, own a couple of Bills knifes and need a third, seems like an awesome sub-forum here and hope to learn a thing or two.

I think I've decided on the Kimber Stanless II for my new 1911. I handled one on Saturday and liked it. Anyone have any opinions on them? I know Kimber had some problems a while back, but haven't heard anything bad about them lately. Now I just need to sell my RIA and come up with the rest of the $ if its the one I decide to go with.

Anyone ever start re-arranging their stock of bullets and wonder how in the world you ended up with some of it? I was just cleaning up my reloading bench a bit so I can load some .45 and started going through stuff. I have 17 boxes of .257 bullets and some of it I'm really not positive where or why I got it. I have: Hornady-75gr vmax, 117gr sst, 117gr interlock Nosler-85gr ballistic tip, 115gr ballistic tip, 110gr accubond, 115gr partition Speer-87gr spitzer, 100gr spitzer and 100gr Barnes TSX

Wow! that's a variety! :thumbup:

I have one .25WSSM that prefers the 90gr Berger Moly HP, which has been discontinued....we bought all Berger had left, when they announced the changeover to another style....or it'll shoot well with the 100gr TSX.
The others seem to prefer the 115gr HP Berger VLD's.

Every bullet we own has a hole in its' nose. Hollowpoints mean: no need for an 'exit wound', nor bloodtrail, nor tracking chores.
Dead right there! ;)

I love my 25-06 and it loves those 100gr TSX's and they love deer. :D Every deer I have shot with them have been one shot and down. They really are great bullets. I know why I have most everything except for the 85gr and 115gr ballistic tips. There is a local higway patrolman that got rid of his .257 rifles and I bought most of the Hornady stuff from him for a really good price. The Speers were given to me. I bought the partitions and accubonds to see if I could get them to shoot. I never did get the partitions to shoot to my expectations and I haven't gotten around to the accubonds. I have no idea where them darn ballistic tips came from though.

I am incredibly bummed.
last week I shelled out $1800 in repairs for my truck and $500 for tires for SWMBO's car -- this week the clutch started to go out on the truck to the tune of another $900!
I may have to get rid of my 3-screw Blackhawks to pay for it. :(

I am incredibly bummed.
last week I shelled out $1800 in repairs for my truck and $500 for tires for SWMBO's car -- this week the clutch started to go out on the truck to the tune of another $900!
I may have to get rid of my 3-screw Blackhawks to pay for it. :(

Ouch. I would cringe at the thought of having to get rid of a 3 screw Blackhawk. I guess a guy has to do what he has to do, but that would really suck. I hope you find some other way to come up with the cash.

I just saw that you posted your 3-screws up vik. I wish I could help you out on em, but I'm tapped right now. I"ve always wanted one, but have never gotten my hands on one. I just have 78 model 357 blackhawk and love it. I woudn't want to get rid of it let alone a 3-screw. I feel for ya.

yeah - I'm bummed, but also pretty well strapped for cash.
there's nothing quite like the feel of one of those.

I'm so close to having all the funds put together for a new 1911 that its not even funny. I may have to dip into my savings account, so I can get one soooner. I'm just not completely sure on what I'm going to get yet. I would be very happy with a Springfield Loaded stainless or blue or a Kimber Stainless II or Custom II. I think its ultimately going to come down to what is available when I decide to go for it. Would like to hear anyones thoughts about Springfield vs Kimber.

Kimber... I have too many 1911's including Baer, Wilson, etc... And two Kimbers. They were both most excellent after a short break in (500 rounds) and never fail. I have a stainless Pro Carry that goes on the boat, and you know the Bahamas are every man for himself...

I ended up picking up a Kimber Custom II today. My local shop didn't have much to excite me and we ended up going out of town today, so I checked a few places while we were away. I got a decent price on it and think I'll really like it with a few small changes. Its definitely way nicer than the RIA that I'll be selling shortly. I'm going to find a nice set of wood grips for it and probably a different front sight. Other than that, I think I'll shoot it for a while before I make any other changes. Any suggestions on a new front sight? The stock sights are just standard black sights with no dots. I looked at a Remington today that had an orange fiber optic front sight that I liked quite a bit. This is going to be a range/plinking gun and will be on my side when I'm hunting or enjoying other outdoor activities. Heres a pic of my new baby.

2012-04-27_23-48-53_350.jpg

Thanks Chris, I'm eyeing a set of cocobolo grips on fusions website right now. For $40 I think I'm going to order a pair soon. I'm just not sure if I'm gonna go with smooth or checkered grips. I think I'm going to go with a Dawson red fiber optic front sight. Not sure if I'll fit it myself or let someone else do it. It looks fairly simple, but I'd hate to mess something up.

Back