Christian kukri Guy steals HI photos?

OMG! it's the long lost angelic holy white PVC Helmet of Truth with it's attached holy horn rim glasses (optional accessory - $19.99, on sale now at your local exorcised holy church store. additional taxes may be required depending on state, or local law and religious denomination, additional blessings $5.99, all major credit cards accepted. our unique holy white pvc helmet replica is also available at the discount price of $666 to church members in good standing, $999 to all others) and he's wearing the devine demon-busting checkered past shirt.
Prohibited "deal spotting"? :D :D :D

Wow, that site is rich. I wonder what the US will be like after the war, and after we have all turned our hearts to God and rejected Satan as we should. Can you say Afghanistan? Can you say Taliban? Really, though, I also feel kind of sorry for the guy. Doesn't seem to be firing on all four cylinders. And I don't really think that his discomfort with HI's products are really a threat to HI.

James

i see the evil godless rooshin's are stopped dead by the god fearin' people of alabama, as truman said, the arrow stops there.....our blessed bullets and monster trucks are more than capable of taking out all them godless roosky armoured vehicules.
I think we actually kill their troops by feeding them all our deep-fried goodies. The gunfire will be drowned out by the sound of all the commie arteries slamming shut. :D
Wow, that site is rich. I wonder what the US will be like after the war, and after we have all turned our hearts to God and rejected Satan as we should. Can you say Afghanistan? Can you say Taliban?
I shudder to think of what a nation full of Christians would be like... it'd be George Washington's reign of terror all over again! :rolleyes: Really, don't you recognize the lunatic fringe when you see it?

Martini,

You've said some important things in this thread. I appreciate them.

taliban? If we Christians convince all of you folks to voluntarily join us, that would not be the taliban's methods.

Again, I realize that in the name of Christ, those who have falsely taken his name have forcibly converted people. THAT would be like the taliban.

This thread has been entertaining, thoughtful, provocative, tolerant, on the edge, well reasoned, and just plain funny!

Seems like the Cantina is alive and well.

Hope some folks will drop by now and again, and remember how healthy it is here!

Tom

Skimmed through the posts here and clicked on a few links on the guy's website. Perhaps it's a typo, but I thought the title of this link was kind of funny, in light of recent events:

survivalprimer.com/a_word_on_Sunday/black_comes_off_Imus_Kukri.htm

Eric

I just hope I haven't made any enemies here. That was never my intention.
You should how hard some of my other friends are to get along with; no worries, Wolf. I not only see your perspective, but shared it once upon a time.

Skimmed through the posts here and clicked on a few links on the guy's website. Perhaps it's a typo, but I thought the title of this link was kind of funny, in light of recent events:

survivalprimer.com/a_word_on_Sunday/black_comes_off_Imus_Kukri.htm
I didn't know what to make of that at first. :D

Man, those cheap khuks are ugly! Makes whining about cho creep and habaki bolsters seem petty.

Funny thing about these H.I "Khukuris of Darkness"... every one of them I obtain immediately becomes a prized possession.

No pun intended.

I couldn't bring myself to make any alteration to one. Even if I had to replace the handle, I 'd be grieving over it.

I'll also add that I own one of those indian-made kukris he recommends. I've had it twenty years. It's strong, adequately sharp, durable... but the handling characteristics and cleaving power don't even compare to one of my HI's. It's like comparing a Chevette to a Ferrari.

...However, it seems like this guy is mostly catching heat because he believes the kamis have invested demons in our khukuris. Okay, I think that's patently absurd, but I have to object to ridiculing him for his beliefs. If I use that measure against him, I invite it on myself, and I'm sure many of you would find my own beliefs to be similarly irrational. Being a Bible scholar, I can defend my positions much more convincingly than the gentleman who grinds the chos off his bent knives, but that won't amount to much if you deny my basic presuppositions. In the end, we must agree to disagree, or else call each other fools.

Well said.

Personally I think its a crying shame when someone grinds the central ring off their khukuri, as it is so functional for controlling slippage. However, once they buy it it's their knife, to modify to their own desires. Another blessing on top shouldn't hurt anything. If there are any demons to be driven out they may be. If there aren't, then no harm is done. The kamis still get meat for their family's pot.

Now, as I read it, you don't believe that anyone has the right to say that your practices are not of the Lord. I'm fairly certain that you and he are not speaking of the same thing. In English translations of the Old Testament, "the LORD" (usually in all capitals) signifies the tetragrammaton - the name of God - in the original text. Unless your people are Jewish or Christian, they do not worship Yahweh. It may sound as if I am oversimplifying, but that is the fact of the matter. In your world view, Yahweh may simply be another name for a pantheistic deity, but in the author's world view (and mine), He is just Yahweh. He is not Buddha, or Brahma, or Allah, or anyone else. See Wikipedia article: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Shema_Yisrael. If you look at his statement from a purely monotheistic perspective, then I think you will find his real meaning. His true error is probably in identifying himself with his ancestors, whom he likely knows nothing about.

I'll stay out of the argument as to whether the creator of the universe and the foundation of all existence is named "FRED" or "JOE."

However, I think it will be news to the believers of Islam that their god is not the god of the Christians and Jews. Christ and Moses are honored as prophets of God in Islam, and Islam shares the Old Testament writings with the Christians and Jews.

However, I think it will be news to the believers of Islam that their god is not the god of the Christians and Jews. Christ and Moses are honored as prophets of God in Islam, and Islam shares the Old Testament writings with the Christians and Jews.
I think you'll find Muslims on both sides of that one. Some will say that Jews and Christians believe in the same God, but that our teachings concerning Him have been corrupted; others will say that Jews and Christians created a new god by changing the nature and attributes of the real one. I agree that they are not the same because their natures are revealed to be quite different by the scriptures of the respective groups. For example, the Christian concept of God is capable of a personal relationship with each of His creations, to the point that we call Him Daddy (Hebrew Abba). In contrast, the Islamic concept of Allah is so far removed from mortal, sinful man that he is ultimately unknowable and impersonal; the only way that man could hope to please him is by strict observance of his commandments, as it would be impossible for us to anticipate his will. I can't seem to word it any way that doesn't put a negative spin on Allah; I have my own cognitive bias, but you get the basic idea.

Oh, and Muslims believe that what we have of Moses' writings are corrupted, and of course the idea of Christ being God is blasphemous to them. Same names, different stories.

I have some thoughts about this topic, but I would rather go via PM if anyone is curious about it.

Just let me know!

Tom

:)

Jack Chick had a tract devoted to proving that Allah was not simply the Islamic name for Yahweh.

I think we should petition Mr. Chick to draw us a tract on the evils of khukuri-love!

PS he could always use a 41 mag on zombies, if the doesn't trust an HI Khuk.

41 mags are religiously neutral, right? I mean, who could be offended at the homely, unassuming, 41 mag? :)

The 41 mag might be a bit of overkill. I'd probably go with the 36 special. Not so heavy if you have to carry it far. ;)

James

I owned two of the indian knives. There is enough steel there that of course they were durable. But they were not hardened. Coulda been just my two. Where is that pic of Dave's etch of his. The one with the tip hardened. LOL.

You get what you pay for. And HI isn't expensive as it is anyway. I've got small Barkies that cost more than large HI khuks.

Buy good knives. You may depend on them someday.:thumbup: :thumbup:

I couldn't bring myself to make any alteration to one. Even if I had to replace the handle, I 'd be grieving over it.

I modded most of mine. Especially the finish and shape of the handle. Thats whats great about knives, this community, and the internet. The vast variety. Makes it interesting.

I hear you James!

The 41 mag reference is just my way of remembering one of our dear departed authorities on the care and slaying of Zombies, that's all.

:)

Tom

H2OCutter, that's one fine orange kitty in your photo, and probably about as useful as your chopper, too. :D I, too, am proud of my cats and my cutlery! If times were to get really hard my neighbors had better stay hid because my cats are not going to go hungry. :eek:

Back