Christian kukri Guy steals HI photos?

The volume of Anti-Christian semtiment on these forums is a little rediculous. Every time someone with a crossa round their neck does something wrong 10 threads pop up about "those hypocrite Christians." Go take a look in the mirror.

He isnt a Christian. He is a conman trying to play on peoples convictions.

Mr. trooper I can slag a hypocrite of without bieng one myself. Been ther seen it ,done it, if you want to hold a mirror up , good luck, its a hobby of mine {& a living.} for me, make sure you feet a firmly planted on the ground first though.

He may be a conman or perhaps just realy ill. I dont know which.

But heres some stuff I do know.

The mark 3 kukri {Often falsly identified a a K45 as in this case, {which actualy is a individual makers mark from 1945.} made by at least 30 companies or probably many more in India over the last 63 years can range from top quality military 1944 & 45 issue pieces, that you can trust your life to to, 70s 80s & more currant pieces, made either as tourist, export or Indian army rejects, exported to USA & europe that can vary from ok, to total junk.

Unfortuantly most are near the junk end of the scale compared to the real deal..

The Indian\Army pay less than $3 a piece for the good ones, the export rejects didnt make the grade.

True they often buy 75,000 at a time though.

The English army Gurkhas pay not much more for ther BAS usualy about $5 each but they only by 300 to 400 or so a year knowadays. & Like most army orders, unless your the presidents best mate, the low bidder or loss leader wins.

Spiral

The volume of Anti-Christian semtiment on these forums is a little rediculous. Every time someone with a crossa round their neck does something wrong 10 threads pop up about "those hypocrite Christians."
That's not just these forums, that's everywhere. Jesus said the world would hate us, so I'm not too surprised when they do. Of course, some Christians bring it on themselves (and the rest of us) when they place themselves on a pedestal and then inevitably fall off of it. We're all hypocrites, but some of us make it more obvious.

Still, it does seem that some people (e.g., militant atheists) have a disproportionate amount of hatred for Christians as compared to other groups. I can't think of the last time I heard an atheist get all up in arms about Taoism. This simple fact has actually made some people suspicious enough to investigate Christianity for themselves.

You don't see too many Taoists on a mission to convert anyone and everyone to taoism though. For many of us non-christians, that is one of the big issues we have with christianity; the need to convert the entire world to their belief. Often this goes along with the need to malign any non-christian belief as satanic evil.

Hypocrisy? You find that everywhere. It's more of a human thing than a (insert name of any given religion here) thing.

That's not just these forums, that's everywhere. Jesus said the world would hate us, so I'm not too surprised when they do. Of course, some Christians bring it on themselves (and the rest of us) when they place themselves on a pedestal and then inevitably fall off of it. We're all hypocrites, but some of us make it more obvious.

Still, it does seem that some people (e.g., militant atheists) have a disproportionate amount of hatred for Christians as compared to other groups. I can't think of the last time I heard an atheist get all up in arms about Taoism. This simple fact has actually made some people suspicious enough to investigate Christianity for themselves.

Wow! Sorry Martini you seem to feel so persecuted & hated. Both here in the Cantina & in the whole world in general, Personaly cant see anything in this particular thread or furum that justifies it?

Quite the opposite in fact. Seen some great Christians, Athiests & others hold a goood broad minded & accepting & tolerant conversation about some raving fundementalist loonytunes kukri fan nut job who happens to be a loudy proclaimed & preaching Christian. Sure its near the edge on occasions, that happens when religion or politics are mentioned.But no reason for anyone to feel persecuted.

Out of curiosity, I havent read the bible for about 20 years,so my memory may be failing But where did the bible say "Jesus said the world would hate us" I cant recall that Psalm?

Spiral

"Tolerance" means just that - tolerance.

Tolerance doesn't mean I am compelled to bow at the feet and kiss the shiny heinies of those who have a different spiritual path than I. It means I allow them to be who they are and live their lives as they see fit, which I do. I appreciate the same in reciprocation. Don't we all?

Freedom. It's a groovy thing.

When someone says they do not wish to participate in your religion, that is not hatred or persecution. If one requires a better and more accurate definition of persecution, try having a conversation with a WW2 holocaust survivor or maybe an african immigrant who was fortunate enough to have escaped one of those vicious genocidal wars over there.

And WHERE exactly did I make a blanket statement including ALL christians?

Please point that out. All I said was I wanted nothing to do with christianity, citing the owner of that website as an example.

To quote myself, on post #7 of this thread:

If someone doesn't want anything to with my beliefs, I couldn't possibly care less. It seems to be a very touchy nerve with some people when I mention I have no interest in their religion. Why is that?

It is starting to appear to me that what's really going on here is 'someone' is trying to troll me off the forum for some reason.

Point taken Wolf. You didn't say "all Christians" at all, that was my erroneously reading into it; I was pissed and felt like you were dissing my beliefs. I see where you were coming from. My bad.

I just didn't want to be lumped into the same class as this jerk because even though he's buggier than a Louisiana bayou, we both happen to believe in Christ. I, however, am totally lucid and amazingly clear-headed at all times. :rolleyes: (Everyone knows the Russians will invade through Florida anyway. I saw it in a Chuck Norris movie.) :D

I just hope I haven't made any enemies here. That was never my intention.

No chance. This is the Cantina after all. ;)

Norm

I would like to convert you all to Taoisum...but I got no rules for you to follow and no one to be against

Point taken Wolf. You didn't say "all Christians" at all, that was my erroneously reading into it; I was pissed and felt like you were dissing my beliefs. I see where you were coming from. My bad.

Good to see. That's a huge relief to me because I was just settling in here and considering this forum as my new home on the WWW.

I don't hate christians. Not even the loony ones who think I'm in cahoots with The Debbil. Would you believe my wife was brought up Baptist?

I'm not going to say there's nothing of value in christianity. I know it's wrong to steal and lie and murder. I know it would make for a better world if we all followed The Golden Rule and lived in peace. I don't just see the need for the threat of eternal hellfire to back it up.

What set me off on that website isnt just what that dude said but also how he said it.

"Not of the Lord". I've seen this often used as a euphemism for "satanic evil". He picked one specific ethnicity to villify but it's ok because he claims to be a little bit ndn himself and that supposedly makes him an authority on native spiritual practices.

Now this is touchy to some of us because our native beliefs were targeted for eradication by not only missionaries, but also the goverment. I'm not going to get into a blame game about whose ancestors did what to whom because the same thing was done to pagan europeans and if we ever reach the point where it is acceptable to hold one accountable for what his/her ancestors may have done... we might as well hang it up.

I just didn't want to be lumped into the same class as this jerk because even though he's buggier than a Louisiana bayou, we both happen to believe in Christ. I, however, am totally lucid and amazingly clear-headed at all times. :rolleyes: (Everyone knows the Russians will invade through Florida anyway. I saw it in a Chuck Norris movie.) :D

No chance. This is the Cantina after all. ;)

Norm

I don't put you in the same catagory. You're one of the sane christians.

Mr. trooper I can slag a hypocrite of without bieng one myself. Been ther seen it ,done it, if you want to hold a mirror up , good luck, its a hobby of mine {& a living.} for me, make sure you feet a firmly planted on the ground first though.

He may be a conman or perhaps just realy ill. I dont know which.

But heres some stuff I do know.

The mark 3 kukri {Often falsly identified a a K45 as in this case, {which actualy is a individual makers mark from 1945.} made by at least 30 companies or probably many more in India over the last 63 years can range from top quality military 1944 & 45 issue pieces, that you can trust your life to to, 70s 80s & more currant pieces, made either as tourist, export or Indian army rejects, exported to USA & europe that can vary from ok, to total junk.

Unfortuantly most are near the junk end of the scale compared to the real deal..

The Indian\Army pay less than $3 a piece for the good ones, the export rejects didnt make the grade.

True they often buy 75,000 at a time though.

The English army Gurkhas pay not much more for ther BAS usualy about $5 each but they only by 300 to 400 or so a year knowadays. & Like most army orders, unless your the presidents best mate, the low bidder or loss leader wins.

Spiral

Im not pointing to anyone specificaly.

Come ON guys, invoking religion is one of the OLDEST scams in the book. Christianity is the biggest in this part of the word, so its the most commonly abused.

Nobody can be sure if this guy is a fraud or just mentaly ill, but Blaming any religion for the actions of individual jearks is irrational.

But i digress. We will no sooner end rascism than end religious intollerance.

You don't see too many Taoists on a mission to convert anyone and everyone to taoism though. For many of us non-christians, that is one of the big issues we have with christianity; the need to convert the entire world to their belief. Often this goes along with the need to malign any non-christian belief as satanic evil.

Hypocrisy? You find that everywhere. It's more of a human thing than a (insert name of any given religion here) thing.

This is a serious missunderstanding of Christian doctrine. Dont worry, a lot of Christians are just as ignorant.

We are NOT trying and convert everyone in the world. Thats rediculous. All we are trying to do is find the ones that WANT to believe; the ones that can be convinced. We dont know what camp you fall into untill we ask now do we?

You don't see too many Taoists on a mission to convert anyone and everyone to taoism though. For many of us non-christians, that is one of the big issues we have with christianity; the need to convert the entire world to their belief.
With few exceptions, all people want to bring others over to their way of thinking. Now, preaching the gospel is not exactly the same thing, but my point is that it is considered perfectly acceptable behavior in any other context. How many people on this thread are preaching tolerance right now? You believe in it, and so you vocalize it. I've had people try to convert me to all kinds of things, but it is usually slightly annoying to me at worst. The only time I've ever felt threatened or violated by such an attempt is when I feared I was being presented with what I feared was the truth.
Wow! Sorry Martini you seem to feel so persecuted & hated. Both here in the Cantina & in the whole world in general, Personaly cant see anything in this particular thread or furum that justifies it?
Oh, I don't personally feel much persecution, especially not here. I took mr.trooper's comment to be referring to internet discussion in general. I believe that the overwhelming popularity of nominal Christianity in my country is the direct result of a lack of persecution. I know missionaries who would be imprisoned or executed if their identities were revealed; I've never known any of them to go on tirades against khukuris. :D
Out of curiosity, I havent read the bible for about 20 years,so my memory may be failing But where did the bible say "Jesus said the world would hate us" I cant recall that Psalm?
I'm terrible about citations (I hate writing papers), but if you call me on it, I'll usually cough them up. Try John 15:18 and surrounding context. "If the world hates you, know that it has hated me before it hated you (me is emphasized in the Greek)." Now, Jesus was speaking directly to the twelve, but by logical extension it should apply to his modern disciples as well.
"Tolerance" means just that - tolerance.
Absolutely. That includes tolerating those you deem intolerant (not aimed at you specifically, Wolf. Just an observation).
Now this is touchy to some of us because our native beliefs were targeted for eradication by not only missionaries, but also the goverment.
The concept of religious tolerance entered my country in 1631 with Roger Williams, a Christian theologian. When the Puritans came to the New World, they subjected others to the same persecution they had faced in England. Williams preached tolerance and protested the forced conversion of the natives. He was promptly ousted from the Massachusetts Bay Colony; the law banishing him was on the books in MA until 1935. He set up Providence colony on land that he bought at a fair price from the Narragansett tribe; that's why Rhode Island is the smallest state. When later faced with extinction, the Narragansetts were allowed to resettle in the area. Providence became a haven for the persecuted and unpopular. Roger Williams inspired the founding fathers of my country to aspire to a nation of freedom and equality. In blood and belief I am his descendant. I do not seek to eradicate ideas. I seek to promote the marketplace of ideas, and so promote the truth. I aim to give everyone the opportunity to believe as I do, if they so choose.

I guess that's enough to chew on for tonight. I'm sleepy now. :yawn:

DI'm terrible about citations (I hate writing papers), but if you call me on it, I'll usually cough them up. Try John 15:18 and surrounding context. "If the world hates you, know that it has hated me before it hated you (me is emphasized in the Greek)."

Thankyou, intresting to reread, the first sentance "If the world hates you"
has the key word "If" though, which is rather different than your intial.
"Jesus said the world would hate us."
Totaly different context & meaning.

"With few exceptions, all people want to bring others over to their way of thinking."

That Sounds like an Orwelian or fascist nightmare world to me, I love discusian & varied veiwpoints & belifs myself, how else does one grow & mature in the world without hearing differing opinions?

For me It would be so boring as well if we all were in our thoughs we were just generic clones of each other .

I like diversity.

Spiral

Im not pointing to anyone specificaly.

Sometimes its hard to have a discusian, if one doesnt know to whom comments are directed.

but Blaming any religion for the actions of individual jearks is irrational.

Indeed, personaly I havent done that, but as your comments are "Global" not directed to an individual, I feel obliged to point that out.

But Looking at his website about "Demonic cursed kukris" it would be hard to comment on it with any degree of factuality or honesty without pointing out he proclaims himself as a Christian.

I think theres a differance in that.

Namaste,
Spiral

The concept of religious tolerance entered my country in 1631 with Roger Williams, a Christian theologian. When the Puritans came to the New World, they subjected others to the same persecution they had faced in England. Williams preached tolerance and protested the forced conversion of the natives. He was promptly ousted from the Massachusetts Bay Colony; the law banishing him was on the books in MA until 1935. He set up Providence colony on land that he bought at a fair price from the Narragansett tribe; that's why Rhode Island is the smallest state. When later faced with extinction, the Narragansetts were allowed to resettle in the area. Providence became a haven for the persecuted and unpopular. Roger Williams inspired the founding fathers of my country to aspire to a nation of freedom and equality. In blood and belief I am his descendant. I do not seek to eradicate ideas. I seek to promote the marketplace of ideas, and so promote the truth. I aim to give everyone the opportunity to believe as I do, if they so choose.

I've quoted this to bring to light a often neglected part of american frontier history.

The reason being because it reminds me of another christian sect who really tried to being accepting of others and follow the path of peace. I'm talking about the Quakers. They had a powerful political lobby once - powerful enough to slow the overtures to go to war to a near standstill at times.

But Looking at his website about "Demonic cursed kukris" it would be hard to comment on it with any degree of factuality or honesty without pointing out he proclaims himself as a Christian.

I think theres a differance in that.

Namaste,
Spiral

Perhaps if the author of that URL was a fundamentalist muslim, he would still have similar sentiments, but would instead phrase his complaint more like:

"The cho must be removed, for it is a symbol of infidels, and displeases Allah."

0r maybe not... ?

A religion becomes part of the overall picture when it is strongly injected into an argument or statement in order to hammer the statement home.

In the above hypothetical statement I posted, it would have likely attracted a few critical remarks about Islam, and for the same reason the actual statement made by a Christian did.

Actualy I have 2 unmistakably Afghan made kukri, One Royal Afghan armoury piece & one tribal.

And They both have a kaudi/cho. ;) :D

But sure I would have put whatever I felt was a good descriptor of the man, whatever his religion.

Spiral

I think that a good percentage of the angry young atheists in North America bear such a grudge against Christianity in particular because it's the religion they were born into. I myself attended Pentecostial church as a child before losing my faith as a teen. And, as is oft the case with young folk, it's not sufficient just to not believe in your former doctrine, no... we have to ramble on about how the religion makes no sense to us and how anyone would have to be stupid to put any credence in any of it and other heavy-handedness... that is, until we grow up and adopt a more "live and let live" attitude to ideology.

Now let's all join hands and make fun of the next new-ager that delivers a diatribe against the older faiths. :D

[/SIZE]Who is to say that we ndns have items and practices not, "of the Lord."? Seems to me that everyone does because everyone has their lives divided into compartments with their beliefs and spirituality being just one of those compartments except for the traditional American Indian. With us traditional folk spirituality pervades into our whole lives ...(

Yvsa,

actually the American Indian-style spirituality is not unusual in the sense that it is really the common pattern for older religions (here Christianity, Islam, (and Buddhism even, though Buddhism is its own special case) are really rather 'new' religions). It is still the case to a large extent in Hinduism that religion is not compartmentalised into a separate part of life. And it would have also been the case in the older European religions, such as the pre-Christian Germanic tradition(s).

I can think of at least two reasons why Christianity and Islam create a new pattern. One is the sort of monotheism they practice. This is what makes me feel uncomfortable about both religions (though, of course, I have friends from both of these): that they insist on a sole universal truth, a single god (making everyone else wrong). Polytheistic religions (or religions which are at least in principle polytheistic) seem to allow there to be multiple answers to questions, which can co-exist (even if they seem contradictory).

The second reason is that Christianity and Islam are not tied to a particular culture, at least in theory (in practice, of course, Islam is centred on the Middle-East, and Christianity in Europe), and so they have to be compartmentalisable in a certain sense, since they are designed for export to different cultures.

Treating Christianity, Islam, Hinduism, Judaism, Buddhism etc. all as 'religions' is a bit problematic since they don't actually really address the same issues. Christianity and Islam are akin.

Hinduism, for instance, is rather different from either of these - there really doesn't seem to be any central belief or creed which one would have to accept to be a Hindu. Nominally, one should accept the Vedas. Though I myself actually work very closely with the Vedas, the average Hindu might pay lip-service to the authority of the Vedas (and 'good' Hindus should at least know the Gayatri mantra by heart, which is taken from a Rigvedic hymn), but in practice the Vedas don't play a very central role in modern Hinduism (though they are certainly representative of the general culture in a way). And different Hindus might worship different gods, be polytheistic or a variety of monotheistic, etc.

Buddhism is different yet again, since the Buddha didn't actually talk about any god or gods. There are types of Buddhism which are atheistic (which should highlight the difficulty of calling Buddhism a 'religion' in the normal Western sense of 'religion'), there are other types (like the Nepalese) which are very close to Hinduism and interwoven with it.
--

I sympathise with Wolf_1989 to a large extent. The problem is that I don't think that Christian kukri Guy is an isolated instance. There are a lot of so-called Christians like this. This isn't of course by any means to say that all or even most Christians are like that, but it is more widespread than isolated nuts on the internet (living, for the first time, in the American Midwest has made me all-too-aware of this..).

Of course, there are b*stards in every religion, even large groups of them -- for instance there are large groups of Hindu fundamentalists whose views I don't appreciate much either.

cheers,
B.

Back