Christmas Custom Khukuri Requests?

Well, after posting my topic on the 15 inch AKs, I got to thinking - if I'm going to do another order before the holidays, I thought I'd open the floor to special order requests. This is strictly an individual thing (Please God, no more group projects
smile.gif
)

Here are the ground rules:

1) Requested Khukuris must be constructed using materials available in Nepal (i.e. no special finishes, micarta handles, etc). The kamis can use the following to make handles:

• Waterbuffalo Horn
  • Brass (can be silver plated)
  • Rosewood
  • Aluminum

2) They must be mentioned by name (i.e. "aluminum handled Bhojpure please.")

3. Prices will not be set until the khukuris arrive. However, I think I've demonstrated over the past year that my prices are reasonable. Expect custom orders to be only slightly more expensive than our normal khukuris (due to the time involved).

4. Deposits are not nesessary - the forumite word is good enough for me.

Please make your request here on the forum (unless you have a privacy issue), as the forumites would benefit from seeing how creative you are). And, if you just want to get a model that I'm out of, feel free to write it in here.

------------------
Craig Gottlieb
Gurkha House
Blade Forums Sponsor

Craig, I'd like to get an 18" Panawal. The Panawal I already have is a little over 15" and it's a great khuk, but it's just a little on the small side for some of the chopping I do. But I really like the ruggedness of the Panawal design.

So, if possible, I'd like to get an 18 incher, with a 9/16 inch thick blade, 2&1/2 inches wide -- the thicker and wider the better. I want a khuk that can withstand heavy-duty use, and abuse, on a regular basis.

I sure hope Santa's kami helpers can deliver!

[This message has been edited by Steven F (edited 24 November 1999).]

Craig,

I was wondering if you could acquire a Dhankuta style khukuri. It comes from the village of Dhankuta, and the style evolved out of a need to complement the Sirupatis, since the Sirupati design excludes them from doing certain tasks. The handle and bolsters are the traditional brass and buffalo horn, and of course the blade must be beautiful like the standard knives that you offer. Also, please have the kamis put the Sword of Shiva engraving on it for me. Thanks.

Christian

Guys: got'em. And keep them coming. If you need some help thinking outside the box, go ask Berkely about his special order - he designed the most unique khukuri I've seen to date - he calls it the Berkley Special!

------------------
Craig Gottlieb
Gurkha House
Blade Forums Sponsor

Craig would your handle maker be willing to do a custom minime handle for my dream of a tacticle mini kuk? Actually it would be better for me to be done early in the year but I would like to pursue this.

Craig,

Can you ask the kamis to make the Dhankuta about the same size as a SN1? Thanks.

Christian

Craig, please log me for one Chainpuri as discussed in the previous "A Pair of GH Chainpures" thread.

Harry

------------------
"Khukuris are our obsession and we're late for therapy!"

[This message has been edited by Kozak (edited 19 November 1999).]

Kozak: Roger that! And also, for what it's worth to the rest of you - I'm going to place my order on Wednesday, so please get in any Christmas requests before then.

------------------
Craig Gottlieb
Gurkha House
Blade Forums Sponsor

Craig, please put me down for a mini me with rosewood handle.
Thanks,
PC.

Craig,
Any chance I could get an 18" World War with Sword of Shiva engraving and brass inlay and rosewood handle? This would be a Christmas present for a friend who lost the khukuri he got from a Gurkha when he was in the Special Forces in the 60's, and I'm looking for a really special replacement.
Berk

Berk: You got it. I'll make sure it's exactly 18 inches, and the SAME quality as the first sirupati you got
smile.gif
smile.gif

------------------
Craig Gottlieb
Gurkha House
Blade Forums Sponsor

Tommorrow is the last day for Christmas requests - I have to put the order in if it's going to make it here on time. Any saved rounds?

------------------
Craig Gottlieb
Gurkha House
Blade Forums Sponsor

Craig, I would like an 18" Chainpuri style with a rosewood handle.

--Mike L.

------------------
Real men ride Moto Guzzis!

Craig, in addition to the extra-heavy 18" Panawal I've ordered in a post above, I'd like to order a second Panawal, and with the same specifications as the first (blade 9/16 inches thick and 2&1/2 inches wide -- the thicker and wider the better). I would like to have one Panawal with a rosewood handle and the other with a waterbuffalo-horn handle. I would also like to get the blades of both Panawals engraved with my initials, SFF, on the side opposite the GH logo, next to the bolsters. I'd like the initials to be about 1/4" but it would be OK if they were a little larger or a little smaller. Thanks.

[This message has been edited by Steven F (edited 24 November 1999).]

I'd like a Minime also, Is the picture in the gallary rosewood? I'll take waitever that is.

Back