Christmas Custom Khukuri Requests?

What about me? (Whine, Whine)

--Mike L.

------------------
Real men ride Moto Guzzis!

Mike: One 18 inch Chianpure coming up!

And that's it for the customs. I'm placing the order tonight. These'll be in before Christmas, in addition to a bunch of 15 inch AKs and some other surprises.

Ho Ho Ho!

------------------
Craig Gottlieb
Gurkha House
Blade Forums Sponsor

I spoke to Lalit via email this morning and he confirmed acceptance of the Christmas order. Needless to say, the Kamis will be working overtime to get this one to us before Christmas, but I am glad the answer was "yes."

He also mentioned the following:

I have a big surprise for you. I will not tell you what is it but you will be on top of the moon when you see this thing. Wait out..
that great surprise thing is almost ready and you will not believe it. Seeing is believing

Wow, what can it be? Assuming it's not personally embarrassing to anybody, I'll post it as soon as I get it.

------------------
Craig Gottlieb
Gurkha House
Blade Forums Sponsor

hi craig, is Maccha, fish khukri, available? This is a khukri carved to look like a fish. Pull on the tail and a khukri blade pops out. Something differant that I don't have. Also, how about a 18 inch Salyan style?

Thanks and as always, keep up the good work.

Joe: A Fish Khukuri? I've never heard of such a thing. I'll definitely ask about that one. As for the Salyan style, that's no problem, except that it'll have to wait until after Christmas, as the Christmas order is already nearing completion, and any additions might delay it past Christmas.

But in January, I'll definitely do another "special" offering.

------------------
Craig Gottlieb
Gurkha House
Blade Forums Sponsor

Joe: A Fish Khukuri? I've never heard of such a thing. I'll definitely ask about that one. As for the Salyan style, that's no problem, except that it'll have to wait until after Christmas, as the Christmas order is already nearing completion, and any additions might delay it past Christmas.

------------------
Craig Gottlieb
Gurkha House
Blade Forums Sponsor

------------------
Craig Gottlieb
Gurkha House
Blade Forums Sponsor

------------------
Craig Gottlieb
Gurkha House
Blade Forums Sponsor

But in January, I'll definitely do another "special" offering. By the way, do you have any pics of this fish styled khukuri? (or does anybody)?

------------------
Craig Gottlieb
Gurkha House
Blade Forums Sponsor

Craig, he's not kidding about the fish khukuri. It's "body" and "tail" are carved of wood, with the tail serving as the handle. With the khuk in the sheath, it looks like a fish. I'm not sure, but I think it's primarily a touristy kind of thing. I'll try to get more info for you.

I'd love to see one. If it is a "touristy" think, I'll probably stay away from it despite demand, but it will be curious - can somebody get a pic to blackdog?

------------------
Craig Gottlieb
Gurkha House
Blade Forums Sponsor

Back