Classes

Sounds like a plan! One more opening, but even if there are only 4, it's still a go!

This class is now full.
I'll send info to everyone in the next couple of days.

Great. Hopefully we'll have enough to have the class. I've been trying to decide what to get my dad for his 60th B-day. When I saw the classes would resume this summer I thought it would be a perfect (albeit early) gift. We get to make one of a kind knives and get to spend the weekend together.

I brought my dad to a class last year as a birthday/Fathers day gift as well. Not only did we have a great time, he really treasures the knife that he made.

Last edited:
I brought me dad to a class last year as a birthday/Fathers day gift as well. Not only did we have a great time, he really treasures the knife that he made.

Awesome. Glad to hear it was a successful father/son venture. My dad seemed genuinely excited about the idea when I asked if he was interested.

Glad you are doing some more of these John! Will be bringing my son with me to this one.

Are you still considering doing the advanced class?

It would be very hard to do enough people in an advanced class to make it profitable, time wise I could only fit two or three in a weekend.

What city do you teach in? I'd love to do something like this, but I would have to determine whether the travel time would allow me to leave after work on a Friday and get back home by Sunday night.

Well according to Google maps, it's 5 hours 45 min. So I'd figure 6 with one stop each way. That's not terrible, but I'd definitely need all my ducks in a row.

I will be offering 2 day basic knife making classes again this summer. I already have two scheduled for two groups of police officers, one in May and one in June. This year I'm limiting classes to 5 people, and offering the option of kydex sheaths for those who want them. Cost of the class is $175, kydex sheath is an extra $25.

I think I would like to do that, and I would be available any weekend. Let me know.
FT

Well according to Google maps, it's 5 hours 45 min. So I'd figure 6 with one stop each way. That's not terrible, but I'd definitely need all my ducks in a row.

You should ping BTW. Last year he made the trip from PA. for a class.

If you're going to start another scheduled class John, whenever that might be. I would like to have a spot there, if you can fit me in. Please just let me know about it.

Back