Coffee

This is a new one for me:
IMG_1492_zpsajras0m6.jpg

IMG_1494_zpscj6o7doo.jpg

Whiskey barrel aged coffee, and a mini-espresso maker. Tried the Sumatra with Uprising Whiskey first. Not bad. Wasn't quite the full-bodied flavor I was looking for from the Major Dickason's Blend, but I have to say the blend of whiskey and coffee flavors really go well together.:thumbsup:

Tried the moka this morning. Coffee its self is good but it's going to take a while to figure out the aeropress.

IMG_0641.JPG

If you need one more mono I could be in. I haven't done one of these before with you guys so I'm wondering what the avarage price range on the knives in the deal would be. I don't have anything very expensive I would like to part with just yet. Just a few budget knives. If that's ok I'm in. If not let me know.

Josh.

Send me an email ssjs678@yahoo. It's all in good fun anyway. Plus it evens things out.

Last edited:
Josh, in the past we haven't really set a hard limit on the knife value. Just as long as it's a decent quality knife you should be good. I don't think anyone is going into this expecting to get an expensive knife. It's more about the coffee anyway. The knife is kind of a bonus. That's how I look at it, anyway.

Ok right on. Just wanted to make sure I didn't offend anyone. By jumping in.

Thanks guys.

It's more about the coffee for me too, I am excited to be part of the swap.

We are calling it "Christmas in July!"
same guidelines as our last swap in the Springtime apply:

1-2lbs of coffee
1 blade
1 random thing of your choosing (optional)

Christmas in July exchange list.....
Gotsteel
Monofletch
DcMartin
Polynikes01
Ryan Thompson
Dannyp
Yshua
Josh Reed
With Josh in things are even. So I will post a list and you guy will exchange addresses and ship!
Also, if anyone feels like they can't ship to our guy up north just PM me.

The results are in!! Exchange addresses and let's get some coffee shipped!!
It was a random draw.

Gotsteel/Josh Reed
Monofletch/Polynikes
DcMartin/Yshua
DannyP/Ryan Thompson

Tried the moka this morning. Coffee its self is good but it's going to take a while to figure out the aeropress.

Here's a great tutorial (can probably skip the thermometer, scale etc.), also you will probably want to toss out the water that you used to rinse the filter paper, I don't know if it's the same with these but I have to rinse my Chemex filters to remove paper dust

Back