Cold Steel 4 max vs Cold Steel 62L SR1

Just got my sr1. Quite literally a folding prybar with damn near corrosion resistant steel. I'm curious to see what weight hang test specs will be

Went to check the screws on my handle on the sr1 and they neither loosen or tighten. I also changed the side of the pocket clip and the torx head snapped off. I sure as hell didn't over torque. Seems like a few issues on this first production batch.

To loosen or tighten the handle screws just behind the lock bar, you need two T6 drivers. These screws screw into a "standoff" of sorts that goes through the G10 back spacer. If you try to tighten or loosen one side without a driver in the other side at the same time, this standoff will just rotate inside the back spacer, in the same way a non-keyed pivot will do. I opened mine up to see what the innards looked like and ran into this issue. Not a big deal, so long as you have two T6s. :thumbsup:

edit: Also worth mentioning is that the pivot is a T15, rather than the usual T10.

Last edited:
Any use reports? Anyone?
I'm sure it is a sturdy knife, but how does it cut stuff :) ?

For what it is and how thick the blade stock is, it actually cuts pretty well. The saber grind is quite high so that helps, plus i re-profiled mine to 21 degrees per side and it's really made a big difference. Tested it on this apple the first night i got it.
IMG_0798.jpg

IMG_0801.jpg

I'm wondering where they came from also. There is one review on knifecenter which indicates they did get some and shipped them out. I also noticed in these pics that the clip has three mounting screws whereas every other pic I've seen shows just two mounting screws. The G-10 on the knife pictured also appears to have the very aggressive surface like a recon where other pics online look more like the new smoother finish of the new American lawmen series. I'm starting to think there have been last minute production changes.

The Grik and the Khan also showed up at dealers in extremely limited quantities, sold out and have not been restocked a month later. Wonder what's going on.

Back