Cold Steel's new 2024 knives. I didn't see this coming!

I see some cool lookin stuff. arc angel reissue and that Caledonian...but the price point on that one wow.....crazy.
Love my Caledonian Edge, but this new one is too monotone (dark) looking to me, and still appears to be liner lock. But it does say subject to change.

Neat stuff. For the money I’ll probably pass though. Twists on classic Japan models, made in Taiwan, for a higher price? I’d probably rather overpay (ie: spend the same amount) on the Bay for an original. YMMV

The Arc Angel is cool, but I hope the latch is put on the other handle like most other butterfly knives. The
Caledonian looks cool, but way overpriced. The others are ok, but not anything I am interested in.

I wonder if those are the only new things CS is putting out this year, and will they actually be available to buy before the end of the year....

5 Max would be on my list if they make it with a satin blade. I really like the OD scales.

And an SV35 "Americanized" tanto version of the Kobun, without the silly lettering on the blade. You can still get the AUS-8 for around $30. The upgrade needs to be worth the extra 5x in cost.

5 Max would be on my list if they make it with a satin blade. I really like the OD scales.

And an SV35 "Americanized" tanto version of the Kobun, without the silly lettering on the blade. You can still get the AUS-8 for around $30. The upgrade needs to be worth the extra 5x in cost.
Someone here’s mentioned it, but g10 would be nice on a higher end kobun like that.

I wouldn't mind San Mai III myself. Not sure why they haven't done one in that. Maybe because the blade profile is too thin for it with the multiple steel layers.

Republic - I wonder if their knees hurt from riding ESEE’s d@ck so hard. Sheeeesh.

I’ll probably buy an Arc Angel. I bet most of those slipjoints are just like rough riders. Do my eyes deceive me or did I see some blades that look like they have compression locks?

With their stranglehold on the tri-ad lock, I’d be using that sumbish on everything as strong as it is. I’m gonna reserve the rest of my judgements til the actual knives come out.

I like the tri-ad, it's always been excellent. I'm not so convinced on the hype about the atlas lock. Why fix what's not broken..

Republic - I wonder if their knees hurt from riding ESEE’s d@ck so hard. Sheeeesh.

I’ll probably buy an Arc Angel. I bet most of those slipjoints are just like rough riders. Do my eyes deceive me or did I see some blades that look like they have compression locks?

With their stranglehold on the tri-ad lock, I’d be using that sumbish on everything as strong as it is. I’m gonna reserve the rest of my judgements til the actual knives come out.
Yeah the Republic immediately reminded me of ESEE as well. It’s made in the US too, wonder by who.

The lock you’re seeing is the Atlas lock. I haven’t had one yet, mostly because I haven’t seen a design I liked enough to try it. It’s supposed to be their version of Demko’s Shark lock. Unofficially, I think.

Always wanted an Arc Angel, but a 5.45” blade? If true I have to pass on that.

Always wanted an Arc Angel, but a 5.45” blade? If true I have to pass on that.
Something's not right. It says the overall length is 10", which can't be right if the blade is over 5", since the handles would be longer than the blade. The original Arc Angels were also about 10" overall, with handles that were about 5.4" and blades that were 4.4".

Back