completely irrelevant post

Tube Liverwurst, mayo, slice of tomato on a kaiser roll.
A dish of cottage cheese on the side and a Dr Pepper.

Now we're talkin'

Mer

I’m sorry guys, but being a member of (I can’t believe that people actually put that nasty stuff in their mouths):barf: group, can I interest y’all in some corned beef on rye with Swiss and spicy mustard? Toss in a little sauerkraut and your good to go.

Mmmmmm... tube 'wurst

And for those who still doubt the awsome power within the fingers of Vic Wooton, enter this into any MP3 search engine: "Bela Fleck Best Bass Solo Ever" Its a 17 minute version of Sinister Minister with 13 minutes of thumpin' bass solo in the middle. And yes, the title is correct. It IS the best bass solo ever. :cool: Try to see how many genres of music you can pick out. BTW, this song is why I think he's a cyborg. :D

Random, that corned beef on rye sammich sounds gooooooood.

And I should have mentioned this before, but don't mess with Wisconsin Polka. ;) (oomp-PA-PA)

All this talk of Victor Wooten and I had no idea who he was. Bela Fleck & the Flecktones are awesome. Sinister Minister is indeed an outstanding display of bass playing ability. I have their first album and it is one of my all-time favorite CDs; somewhere in the top twenty. Along with Leo Kottke's Six & Twelve String Guitar, my all-time favorite instrumental album.

The best sandwich in the world is freshly carved, still warm, turkey on fresh bakery quality rye with Hellman's mayo, lettuce, and plenty of freshly ground black pepper.

Originally posted by tonyccw
Damn my rear brake pads on my motorcycle is almost gone. Guess my riding season is officially over.
Tony

I'm saving up for my new 2002 Honda VFR800Fi Interceptor, I will hopefully have it before next summer. When I get it, I'm off to see the countryside!:D I've been waiting to buy something new for over a decade now, the payoff is going to be absolute BLISS:D Luckily here in Houston the winter weather is not severe enough to stop riding, I think for Holloween I'll be a "Motorcyleless Motorcyclist";)

I’m sorry guys, but being a member of (I can’t believe that people actually put that nasty stuff in their mouths) group, can I interest y’all in some corned beef on rye with Swiss and spicy mustard? Toss in a little sauerkraut and your good to go.
Sanity at last! :) Make sure the sauerkraut is well drained...

How soon can I expect my karate instructor to teach me to fly, like in Iron Monkey?

oh yeah, Iron Monkey is awesome...go see it...

and the Musketeer has some pretty serious swordplay in it too

also, I like cheese.

I love Les Claypool, and I'm checking out that Bela Fleck song now. Primus is a sweet band. :D

Skateboarding is fun and awesome to watch but it is THE hardest thing in the world to become good at (especially good enough to go pro). Rodney Mullen is the best of all time!!! :D

I prefer Haggis, it tastes better when warm, it's kinda....interesting when it is cold. That combined with Ritz crackers and mashed potatos is simply amazing. :D

Originally Posted by UnclePhilthy

>Hogdude....for some of us senior citizens...all there is, would be Jack Bruce...my all time fav...

I agree jack bruce is great, no one has ever had the tone he had with cream, and his newer jazz albums show that he has some serious chops.

I often hear and believe that there are many bassists who do one thing and do it well,or do something simple and do it extremely professionally. An example would be the simple but well executed bass (or drum, or guitar, etc) parts on many pop studio songs. But when it comes down to unbeatable blowing and sheer musical godliness, there are only a few near the pedestal and only one standing on it. In bass right now, that is victor.

I think im gonna stray a little bit from the german lunch trend and go get me some borscht.

What's up with that Iron Monkey? Isn't that an old movie?
It was made in '93, I think. The Matrix sparked huge interest in martial arts films, though, which is why Jet Li and Jackie Chan have become more popular in America, IMO. Iron Monkey was much, much cooler than the Matrix, though. :)

dont know if it is an old movie, if it was it was just re-released into theatres because I just saw it, either way, it was a cool movie though.

I remember when the Jackie Chan movie "Twin Dragons" came to theaters about 2 years ago. I saw the commercial and thought, "Boy that sounds familiar". I went in my vhs collection and there it was. It was made in 1991, but hit the big screen in the US in 2000. Golden Harvest productions (who I think did iron monkey) does this a lot with martial art films.

Speaking of irrelevant...

Once upon a time there was a little dog named Spike. Spike was pretty dumb, as dogs go, and had the bad habit of chasing cars. Somehow he always managed to run too fast, and just pass them, and end up bumping his ass end off of a fender or something. Well, anyway, as happens to most dumb dogs who chase (and catch) cars, Spike lost a leg.

Unfortunately, it was one of his back legs. Even worse, it was the leg he stood one while he lifted his other leg to piss on trees and fire hydrants and things. So now whenever spike tried to lift his remaining leg, he ended up falling over and pissing on himself.

Well, when Inky the cat found Spike one day, he was hopping up and down on that back leg, trying to piss in spurts, and not fall over and piss on himself, or piss on his foot when it came down. In actuality, all that ended up happening was that he was hopping up and down in a piss puddle. But you can't blame a dog for trying.

Anyway, Inky thought this was funny as all hell. So funny, in fact, he fell over laughing. Spike looked over for a second, got distracted, and forgot to keep hopping up and down. So he finished off by pissing on his foot. Inky just laughed harder.

Spike took off running after inky (well, it was more of a lopsided stumbling crash, but you get the idea) and finally caught up to him. (Inky was still laughing, which was why) Inky looked up at him and started laughing even harder, tears rolling down his cheeks...

"You dumb ass dog... didn't it ever occur to you to just lift your stump instead?" In truth it hadn't... like I said, Spike was dumb. He went over and scratched his head on a tree for a minute, and decided that Inky had a point. So he walked back over, Lifted his stump, and pissed on Inky.

Well, inky didn't like this at all, but he was smarter than Spike, and decided to wrap an extension cord around Spike's favorite tree. That way spike would spark himself next time he lifted that stump. Problem was, Inky forgot about the piss puddle. And he forgot to plug the cord in AFTER he wrapped it around the tree, instead of before. So Poor Inky ended up electrocuting himself in a piss puddle. (Picture a smoking cat knee deep in piss mud with all his hair on end) so now Spike had a good laugh, adn laughed so hard he fell down... and pissed on himself all over again.

Dumb dog.

we used to do this when we got really bored in class in high school.

complete this story

On the weekends I like to.....

Back