Counterfeit, anyone?

Unfortunately, time for another update, this one including several newer models.

SyF5LaM.jpg

ewAwmyz.jpg

027HgQ1.jpg

pNWgvax.jpg

bvFb1cy.jpg

aaRNaJl.jpg

6fFGnuq.jpg

F7ujUrX.jpg

I871GTm.jpg

0MzQzZz.jpg

IYJKjqd.jpg

unVzPdA.jpg

GbXiwbC.jpg

CH9BWK5.jpg

5QVyGvO.jpg

jXHmp11.jpg

-Steve
I called Cold Steel directly before buying a Rajah III the other day and they stated there were no known counterfeits of that model they have found or been made aware of. I purchased a CTS-BD1 version and it seems totally legit. If it ain't it's still a hell of knife and being it was under $50 I'm satisfied with it either way.

And for fun and sake of checking it out I ordered a definite Rajah II clone (liner lock/G10 version) from China (sub $20) to inspect it's build quality.

I called Cold Steel directly before buying a Rajah III the other day and they stated there were no known counterfeits of that model they have found or been made aware of. I purchased a CTS-BD1 version and it seems totally legit. If it ain't it's still a hell of knife and being it was under $50 I'm satisfied with it either way.

And for fun and sake of checking it out I ordered a definite Rajah II clone (liner lock/G10 version) from China (sub $20) to inspect it's build quality.
Thanks for posting this. I have had my eye on a fairly cheap Rajah 3 on the big A Canadian site but was a little worried. Turns out the seller is pretty respectable, so I pulled the trigger today. My 3rd CS.:thumbsup:

I called Cold Steel directly before buying a Rajah III the other day and they stated there were no known counterfeits of that model they have found or been made aware of.

Oh yes? Well I'm afraid the representative you spoke with is misinformed, or else Cold Steel isn't keeping up with the exploding counterfeit market.

Anybody think DHgate is a legitimate vendor? I've never seen anything but forgeries from 'em.

JlI2gSy.jpg

p1Vl85z.jpg

The ad copy with these photos reads:

"It is a OEM knife, not a copy knife, OEM RAJAH 3, with The official Original box, and Spare pocket clip, It is 100% real D2 Blade, welcome test! $38.26."

Anyone remember authentic Rajah IIIs offered with D2 blades? No, me either.

How about AliExpress? This photo is from that upstanding Web site.

i3wKZJI.jpg

The knife, also touted as "OEM" and possessing a D2 blade, only goes for $29.32 there. Maybe they're trying to undercut DHgate in the rip-off market!

Be careful with your purchases, folks. As Mike pointed out, if it's too good to be true....

-Steve

Might not be new , but first I've seen on the big auction site :

Note the box is from the Rawles Voyager :rolleyes:

Many counterfeit websites pull images from other websites, social media posts and various other outlets. Some of the images in this thread look legit but come from counterfeit websites. The best way to look at this wave of counterfeit knives across the entire market is:

1. If it's too good to be true it probably is.
2. If it's says Cold Steel, check out our website to compare images or view our list of known counterfeit websites:
https://www.coldsteel.com/counterfeits
3. Contact us directly before buying to see if we can verify.

use the quality dealers who support this site. most have good and fair prices on cold steels. why take a high risk to save a few bucks. I know money is tight, it is for everyone.........but buying from unknown places, with super cheap prices, is asking for trouble.

Sadly, time for an update. Another Spartan counterfeit and two fake folders.

IMG-4537.jpg

IMG-4545.jpg

IMG-4544.jpg

I also discovered a Micro Recon 1 counterfeit, but I suspect that the photos were of a genuine model, so no point in posting them.

-Steve

Sadly, time for an update. Another Spartan counterfeit and two fake folders.

IMG-4537.jpg

IMG-4545.jpg

IMG-4544.jpg

I also discovered a Micro Recon 1 counterfeit, but I suspect that the photos were of a genuine model, so no point in posting them.

-Steve
Thanks ! At least these all are not very convincing fakes .

also, people should sometimes really look at the boxes. the main thing that i have noticed that all of these current fakes have in common, is that they are still doing poor imitations (albeit similar enough to fool someone who is not a cold steel fan) of the OLDER style boxes. save for maybe a few models "from the old days" still being sold, cold steel has a completely new logo now, and a new box design.

Found another counterfeit of 39LSF on Taobao
https://item.taobao.com/item.htm?sp...5I2VF0&id=578991354989&ns=1&abbucket=6#detail

Without noticing the price 90 RMB(no more than 15 dollars) and the word "zeroerror" on the blade I cannot recongnise that this is a counterfeir with just a first look...

I had found fake 39LSF in China before,maybe before 2014 . BUT there were some obvious differences on the older counterfeits...seems that this time they update the fake ones.
O1CN011cR0iVs13pZ0bDx_!!3045223596.jpg

O1CN011cR0iTPRmj5wJRu_!!3045223596.jpg

The seller shows the CS Ad for the VG-10 San Mai model being made in Taiwan and yet the blade shows Japan. But hey he has three w/leather sheaths(super cheapo) for sale.
s-l1600 - Copy.jpg

This has been an interesting thread to say the least. Some of these even I could tell were fakes, but many others are very hard to tell. I can appreciate all the effort that goes into maintaining this thread, but it would be very helpful if you could please add a line or two on how you know the knives in the pics are fakes. Either way, keep up the good work. :thumbsup:

Back