Coup Coup Machete

I've seen pics of FRench troops in post WW2 Vietnam with this same style machete.

I was speaking to my French housemate the other day about this. Apparently it's still used in reunion island for agricultural use, she also told me that it means 'cut cut' in french.

Hello All
I have one in a canvas scabbard (probably a French Indochina era ) that I would trade for just about anything like a Condor parang, Martindale golock or a good chunk of O1 or the like.

My intention is to provide one to someone who needs one, not run a retail operation

I'm located in ON, Canada, K0A1L0

Last edited:
I know this is an old post, but my dad was a Supply sergeant for a Green Beret unit in the late 1960's into the 70's. He had some of these in his supply cage and issued them to guys going to jungle school in Panama. He took one when he went too. It was much more useful than the US issue manchette of the era. I have only one left and haven't seen one for sale in years. I still use mine (as an ax mostly). It like most of them has a rattle in the handle (not bad for being around 100 years old. I plan on remaking one with some modern improvements (adding just a little length and possibly a fuller, but still keep it about 6 to 7mm thick. I would like to find one or more other examples (tools not collectables).

Back