CPM-M4 vs CTS-20CP/CPM-S90V

Thanx for the input. Love that "real world testing". I guess we'll have to do a Q-fog comparison. Sounds like you are skilled at sharpening as well.

On topic, I've heard some feedback that there are diferences between S90V and 20CP. Shows that even with similar chemistry, there can be differences.

sal
Skilled may be over stateing my sharpening skills. I'm really just as much a sharpening nut as I am a knife nut. But I'm not sure I'm as skilled as some on this forum. I'll be very interested in seeing what you find out testing ZDP for corrosion. And thanks for your interest in my little ZDP and D2 corrosion experience.

Yes they definitely both do. Im actually in the process of trying to put in another knife order with Mr. Wilson. No response back yet, fingers crossed he is still taking orders.im sure once that production south fork hits the shelves it will be impossible to get an order in. Elmax fixed with a slighlty thicker blade then the south fork around 3.5 ".edge retention similar to zdp and xhp. Toughness of elmax is awesome from what I hear.it will be extremly hard to rust. Almost sounds like its the be all end all steel for me ......for now anyway:D

I have a feeling that South Fork is going to sell like they are giving them away. :D

ELMAX is an excellent steel, I really gave it a really hard workout in the Phil Wilson Bow River I tested, it was at 62 HRC and .010" behind the edge.

Here's some photos.

spyderco_amsterdammeet2011_prototype_southfork.jpg

spyderco_amsterdammeet2011_prototype_southfork_blade.jpg

spyderco_amsterdammeet2011_prototype_southfork_handle.jpg

http://spydercollector.wordpress.com/2011/03/12/spyderco-2011-prototype-–-south-fork/

Back