CQC-7 is a pretty awesome knife

I made some scales for the CQC-7. And some backspacers.
It's a pretty awesome knife. I need to sharpen mine and it's going to be fun....my first go at a chisle grind sharpening. Lol

Nice!

I learned to like serrations with an Emerson CQC-7 - it is much easier to saw through small sticks and twine etc with the serrations, a plus.

I don't care for the chisel grind, though, as it makes it harder for me to strip bark and sharpen sticks etc, but that is a minor problem, for most cutting tasks it is just fine.

I have one version that is all dressed up, and one that is all stock. A great knife for sure - nice work on those scales!

best

mqqn

Thank you!

Yeah I've never had a chisle grind before. Most of my knives I just play with and open and close. More of a fidgeting thing than anything else. Sometimes I open boxes with them. Lol

Nice work, Eric! Are you keeping the Red and Yellow?
mqqn- You might want to try zero ground chisel. Trust me.

This is where that grind truly becomes phenomenal. And why Blue Seven is pretty much always in my pocket (or hand).

Thanks Rolf -

best

mqqn

You are welcome!^
Tom Krein put a zero on my HD7 and it was one of the sharpest knives I ever owned. My friend, Nath, has it now.
As you know, the zero edge is for use, not abuse.

My 7A was my favorite knife for a long time. I ruined it when I put a v grind on it, took off too much metal. The handle is great and it is small enough to not be too threatening looking.

Actually both sets of scales are available for sale. I haven't posted them yet but they are for anyone that wants them or wants me to make other scales out of Micarta, g10, ctek, kirinite, and all types of Carbon Fiber

Thanks, Eric!
I'll try the OD on for size first. Thank you, tho.
fwiw, the EKI 154CM cuts best when sharpened they way they do it.

Thanks, Eric!
I'll try the OD on for size first. Thank you, tho.
fwiw, the EKI 154CM cuts best when sharpened they way they do it.

In the case of a 7 I totally agree, but in V grind I don't. I have a sheepdog plain edge Bowie, it was the worst cutter I've ever had in original setup. I even got really down on it because I loved the knife but couldn't do much with it, even more so because it was a gift from my lady friend so selling it was out.

I had it professionally converted to a traditional V edge at 40 inclusive, cuts like a dream now. Voided the warranty but I'm not really worried about needing it, worst comes to worst I'll just pay for a new blade (if lockup wears out) and have that one converted too. But like I said, not too worried, the enjoyment I get now from it is worth the possible $ cost of a repair.

Thanks, John!
Having the knife you WANT, is the bottom line. Congratz.
rolf

I just got my hands on a flipper cqc7 ...wow

I know, right? It is both Emerson-like and not. Fantastic flipping action, amazing ergo's and grip security - and just precise in it's pivot, lockup and centering. No break in required on this baby.

I know, right? It is both Emerson-like and not. Fantastic flipping action, amazing ergo's and grip security - and just precise in it's pivot, lockup and centering. No break in required on this baby.

It fixes my main problem with the knife and others like it. I hate knives without something to keep me from slipping up on the edge. Give me a choil, or a deep finger groove, or a flipper tab to keep my hand from sliding up onto that edge. So the flipper version fixes that issue for me.

I'm hoping for a flipper Commander one day...that would be awesome!

Now we are talking! Mini Flipper Commander!

I'm really sad I missed out on the Steel Flame Dog Paw Sheepdog flipper! That was a really awesome looking knife! I'm hoping someone wants to trade me one....one day lol

Back