Cub

NWA

Here is one I am pretty happy with the way it turned out. I call this one use to be the Cub Scout, it is now just called Cub. I made this one from 5/32" A-2 and it has a 3" Cutting edge with a nearly full size handle. It is just a tad narrower than the orig. Scout in terms of handle width. The blade measures 1 1/8" wide at the widest point.

Let me know what you guys think

IMG_3048.jpg

IMG_3050.jpg

IMG_3051.jpg

The handles are Natural Canvas over Black Paper Micarta

Nick:)

Last edited:
I think it looks like a Winner! :thumbup:. I particularly like the nearly full size handle on a 3" blade. Man that looks good. Nice layering on the Micarta as well :).

Hmmm, that looks familiar! Great job Nick, the laminated micarta scales look awesome!

Nick That looks like a winner.I definetly like the full size handle on a 3 inch blade.Great job as always Nick.

Mike

Hmmm, that looks familiar! Great job Nick, the laminated micarta scales look awesome!

Thanks man, I just love this one! Too bad I have to give it away:( It is for a good cause though. I am giving it to a fund raiser for a heart research program for youngsters. See, a young boy that is/ was known by my family died from a certain heart condition and I am just trying to help in any way I can. Hopefully it will help out the program. I just hate to see a child suffer in the way some do.

Ya don't realize how good you have it until you hear something like this. All of the sudden, those little bumps in the road of life that make us upset, seem to disapeer, and you have to look back and say I need to wake up and smell the roses before it's too late.

Last edited:
man.. that looks like a great little knife Nick..:thumbup: i love the blk/tan scales...:)

Thanks man, I just love this one! Too bad I have to give it away:( It is for a good cause though. I am giving it to a fund raiser for a heart research program for youngsters. See, a young boy that is/ was known by my family died from a certain heart condition and I am just trying to help in any way I can. Hopefully it will help out the program. I just hate to see a child suffer in the way some do.

Ya don't realize how good you have it until you hear something like this. All of the sudden, those little bumps in the road of life that make us upset, seem to disapeer, and you have to look back and say I need to wake up and smell the roses before it's too late.

You're a good man, Nick :thumbup: Misfortunes like that do you make you take a step back and take stock.

Gotta say that's a great design, and the fact you are donating just makes it that much better. I really like the laminated handle.

Thanks B

I had no idea that name would or could possibly infringe on the boy scouts.

Last edited:
Very cool. I suspect that it would be a perfect first knife for some young man (and Dad might like using it too)!

Here is one I am pretty happy with the way it turned out. I call this one use to be the Cub Scout, it is now just called Cub. I made this one from 5/32" A-2 and it has a 3" Cutting edge with a nearly full size handle. It is just a tad narrower than the orig. Scout in terms of handle width. The blade measures 1 1/8" wide at the widest point.

Let me know what you guys think

IMG_3048.jpg

IMG_3050.jpg

IMG_3051.jpg

The handles are Natural Canvas over Black Paper Micarta

How much?

Hi Paul I sent you a e-mail. For this knife as shown it will be $200.00 shipped.

Thanks

Just put in my order today for a Cub with a 3.5 inch blade.... I'm already feeling excited. My wife doesn't understand why I'm buying it. She says that I've never used the last one I bought. I just loved it TOO much and to this day haven't used it but this Cub will be used EVERYDAY! My other unused knife is the 2007 Forum Knife, the Sierra Scout. What a beautiful knife it is!

Last edited:
looks good buddy! I have several with a similar shape and there mighty usefull!!

Keep the designs coming brother.

Great work!!

Back