Cub

Yea looks like one of the one's you had the other day Brian. Nick I have not used any A-2 yet how do you like it compared to O-1?

I cant speak for Nick but A2 is way cooler grinding than 0-1. Its air hardening and takes a good edge.

It almost grinds like butter Brian. Horton uses alot of A2 and he calles it "Mothers Milk" :D

I cant speak for Nick but A2 is way cooler grinding than 0-1. Its air hardening and takes a good edge.

It almost grinds like butter Brian. Horton uses alot of A2 and he calles it "Mothers Milk" :D

I'd like to know too. There's another one you use, right? H something? Are they all just different hardnesses?

I mainly use 0-1 and D2

I have used A2 once and would like a 154 of some type in the house to try out for kitchen use.

looks good buddy! I have several with a similar shape and there mighty usefull!!

Keep the designs coming brother.

Great work!!

Thanks Brian:thumbup: There has been a number of people tell me, my stuff, looks like yours. To me that is a huge compliment. I hope you don't feel I am trying to steel ideas, for, I am most definitley not:) Great minds think alike eh:thumbup:

Nick

It's a complemet from this end as well brother!!! We both strive for simple user designs and we both strive to be gentlemen. No wonder we have similar styles :)

keep at it buddy!!! I send guys your way to buy 0-1 when they ask my sources.

I enjoy your class and work friend.

Thanks dude, I really appreciate that:)

Oh yeah A-2 does seem to grind eaiser than O-1. Not sure why though, bout the only difference is the added Chromium. So then I guess thats my answer:eek:

Nick:)

Nick...Just curious, what angle do you sharpen your knives? I'm guessing 20 or 25 degrees?

Hi Paul, 22 degrees is what I sharpen at

I use the Lansky sharpening system which does it in 5 degree intervels. Normally I'd sharpen at 25 degrees for everyday use but have been reading that on better quality steel it's better at 20 degrees. What do you think on the A2 steel you're making for me right now?

Hope I'm not being a pain. Let me know if I am.

The Lansky 20 is equual to the 22 on my Gatco which I use. So you should be good to go.

The Lansky 20 is equual to the 22 on my Gatco which I use. So you should be good to go.

Great...Thanks.

I've been looking at your threads and all the different kinds of knives that you make. You have quite the nice assortment of different purpose blades. You have many must haves like the woodsman, fillet, skinner and some others that are like to haves. How is the fillet knife? Is it a stiff blade or flexible? I'm guessing stiff but thought I should ask and how is it?

Received my Cub today!!!!!!! AWSOME Knife...I'll post some pics tommorrow. new toy...new toy...new toy...

Thanks Nick! Another awsome job! Look forward to getting a Bostonian from you...lol

Thanks man, I just love this one! Too bad I have to give it away:( It is for a good cause though. I am giving it to a fund raiser for a heart research program for youngsters. See, a young boy that is/ was known by my family died from a certain heart condition and I am just trying to help in any way I can. Hopefully it will help out the program. I just hate to see a child suffer in the way some do.

Ya don't realize how good you have it until you hear something like this. All of the sudden, those little bumps in the road of life that make us upset, seem to disapeer, and you have to look back and say I need to wake up and smell the roses before it's too late.

Very nice knife and heart!!!!!
:thumbup:

Here's a few pics of my new Knife!!! NOT TOY!!! I think it got mad because I called it a toy and it bit me today. This knife is SO sharp that I didn't even feel it...LOL I'm in love with it...Is that possible? The ONLY fault that I find with it is that I can't bring it with me when I head to RI. They cry if you have anything over 3 inches. :(

I was going to post a few pics but I can't seem to do it. :(

38512_1442428555076_1663971703_1011392_7542556_n.jpg

38512_1442428595077_1663971703_1011393_5623153_n.jpg

38512_1442428635078_1663971703_1011394_4563313_n.jpg

Damn fine looking knife Nick. What was the thickness of this one?

And yes you and Brian have similar taste in keeping things simple. I suspect that's the big attraction to your knives.

Back