current production schedule updates.

Love the slug!

I'm not 'old' by the standards of many (not including my kids), but I still feel like I'm moving at dragonfly-speed much of the time, darting this way and that in an effort to get done all the tasks that wind up before me... Waiting for my S!K pre-orders gives me the chance to move more like that little guy, though hopefully without the messy wake ;)

Not that GUY should aspire to the slug! He needs to be a dragonfly 24/7!!! ;)

I'll be interested to read about who gets the tap for production of the SK-line... could be one who helps realize the folder as well.

Clip. is referring to this just added to the Production Schedule Page:

Available Monday, July 18th at 7pm, PST:

GSO-4.7 Factory 2nds
GSO-2.7 Factory 2nds

I will be extremely surprised if they do not have some GSO 4.7s in 3V steel in today's sale!

No luck. I was in for a 2.7 I made it to check out and I lost my knife

Typically there are only about 1/2 dozen to a dozen available per Monday's Sale run so it's imperative to checkout as fast as can! Sorry you did not score and better luck next time.

At what point can you lose the knife? Do you have to get all the way through payment? Can you miss out while adding in credit card information or shipping address?

Anyone have a wild-ass guess when those GSO 6's might ship? Just based on past experiences?

Sent from my SM-G930P using Tapatalk

Anyone have a wild-ass guess when those GSO 6's might ship? Just based on past experiences?

Sent from my SM-G930P using Tapatalk

Well, as far as entirely unscientific, wild-ass guesses go, I just imagine 6 months for each model and I'd count the 2.7 as starting in the start of 2017 so........ that would put the 6 coming out in late 2019. BUT as stated, that's just a guess and I know the S! team wants each model run to shorten and speed up as they get better and the order numbers are smaller.

I think there's a lot more orders for the 5.1 and 4.7 and that takes up the main bulk of the production time. The other models has got lesser order quantities and should complete faster.

At what point can you lose the knife? Do you have to get all the way through payment? Can you miss out while adding in credit card information or shipping address?

Had this happen. I wish once the item was in the cart you had a 5 minute time limit to complete the transaction. Hard for some of us that have slower internet connections.

Well, as far as entirely unscientific, wild-ass guesses go, I just imagine 6 months for each model and I'd count the 2.7 as starting in the start of 2017 so........ that would put the 6 coming out in late 2019. BUT as stated, that's just a guess and I know the S! team wants each model run to shorten and speed up as they get better and the order numbers are smaller.

I wouldn't use history as the best estimate of future output. To the extent Guy can keep quality where he wants it, his output volume per month will increase.

Pat

I wouldn't use history as the best estimate of future output. To the extent Guy can keep quality where he wants it, his output volume per month will increase.

Pat

That is surely the hope. Maybe my wild-ass guess is a worst case scenario.

Silver, please take a few deep breaths.
I know you want your 4.7 as soon as possible, but your "unscientific wild-ass guesses" are upsetting some of the more excitable forumites. :)

Come on, nobody asked for a conservative or purely academic or realistic guess. Ask a wild-ass question, get a wild-ass answer :D

Now... is it in through the mouth and out through the nose or the other way around?
Does anyone have a paper bag I can breathe into?????

Ellie did post yesterday that there are 3 orders remaining from the May 30th sale.

They took June 'off', right? Sooo... how many Monday sales have there been since then? We could speculate on how many knives are ordered during those 2-5 minutes each time, and how that translates to pre-order "firsts" completing and shipping out... or we could relax and start placing bets on when Silver gets his 4.7 :)

I'll be out of town without web-access for about a week this summer, and it's dollars-to-dumplings my shipping notification arrives then, maybe even the day i leave :p

Silver, any plans to be away such that you could not possibly get your notice or receive the knife when it arrives? I'll put a Dragon's Milk on it arriving then.

DM-image.jpg

Back