Custom Knives At Work.

I love to see my knives at work. :thumbup: :D
This is a photo I just got from a collector in Sweden who is also an avid moose hunter.
I'm delighted to share it here.
If anyone has photos they'd like to put here - that would be fine with me.
Otherwise, we'll just let this one ride.
Have a great day.

That's awesome. I'm glad the knife isn't just sitting on a display stand somewhere.

I only have 2 from one maker on here, plan to try other makers soon.

20130903_113834_zps6abb69e7.jpg

That's one beautiful and tough knife. Great to see it in action. Excellent work! Thanks for sharing.

I have only had one user send me pics and it was not even the knife in action. It was the hog he killed with the knife.

Here's one from a little while back. Not really "at work", but in a rather unique location.

Tad

Hi Guy's,
Fun Thread Karl,
This little hunter I sold to somebody in Germany. Than He sold it and the next person took it to Sweden. Then It ended up on Messer Forum. I hit the translate button to get it into English.

Re: Show your holiday knife!
Saturday lunchtime (09.07.) Was then but the decision shortly on Monday (11:07.) To make the south of Sweden unsafe. On, not previously existing program, was, like last year, a flying visit to Heiko Häß and Andrea (super cute!). I hope we may honor you spontaneously on occasion! Vimmerby (Astrid Lindgren), the islands of Öland and Gotland Fårö (incredible, but the light seems really "different" / fascinating to be here!), The Swedish archipelago (Skärgården - Finnhamn) and part of the Great Lakes (Lake Mälaren, Vaettern, ...) including Göta Canal (eg Berg slussar). Was fun to watch the channel after about 20a again! Heiko's knife from Vohrjahr was this time of the party! images of the "use" is the album of 2010. principal actor in this year of razor technical side was a knife from Dave Loukides ( Prayer Knives ). http://www.prayerknives.com/gallery1.html Thanks to Markus diameter of the barn ((and Uli)) that it has not worked out appropriately.

**************WARNING! GRAPHIC PICS!****************

Lon Humphrey posted a great looking Bowie on the forums a few years ago.

I wanted one just like it set up for pig sticking and asked him, if he could be persuaded to make me one.
He said yes and here is the knife.

Lon holding the Pig Sticker and the knife, which made me contact him (Pig Sticker being the top one).

I picked up the knife myself and Lon could not have been nicer to deal with.
We even went for a meal at his local watering hole and had a great talk.

I then proceeded to go hog hunting and used Lon's knife with great succes.
The knife is scary efficient - far more effective than I would ever have imagined.
I'd have thought, that I'd have to use a lot of force, but that turned out to not be the case at all.

Quite the contrary; sticking the hogs was like cutting through warm butter on a hot summer day!!!

Knife slides in very very easily and the design is devastating. A very efficient knife, which kills the hogs very fast.
The point lets the knife slide in very fast and easy, the blade has more than enough length and width to cause massive immediate trauma.

At the same time, the Humphrey Pig Sticker is incredibly fast and easily lend itself to snappy shifts in direction, should one so desire (not a bad trait for a knife used in the fast and furious, if not chaotic, pig sticking).

The handle is wide at the end and this is a help in extraction - especially helpful in regards to pig sticking as the handle can get very gory, wet, messy and slippery.

There is ample handguard which not only help to protect the hand/fingers, but where you can also hook a finger over the guard to help in extraction, should one so desire.

I spcified a generous choil with the above in mind and I really like how that came out.

Heck, I like how the entire knife came out.

Its a very efficient tool and PERFECT for my use. Im overjoyed with it and could not be happier with the project.

I would not change an iota about the knife after using it, for that it was designed and made for.

Did I mention, that it is a slicer as evidenced by the first pic below - it went in like slicing water!

The Devil Dog! Super fast extremly willing to Work. Did one heck of a good job too along as did the other dogs involved.
A very nice pooch to talk to....., once it calmed down a little ;-).

As mentioned; absolutely devastating and highly efficient blade config:

Lon's pic of the knife

A very good customer of mine bagged an opening day buck here in Oregon this year, and quickly put my Sasquatch bowie to work.

Good stuff, Karl!

No dead animal pics here, but might get some dead fish pics later today.

These two get used a lot! After years of carrying factory slip joints, I'm only carrying customs now and wonder WHY I waited so long?

Where is Seth? He has some good action shots of customs at work!

A good friend sent these;

One dead fish;

Back