Custom Knives At Work.

Lloyd 52100 folder.

KansasHunt30.jpg

Lamey kitchen/camp.

Lameycamp-kitchen5_zps64951980.jpg

Charlie Edmondson fixed after successful Ks. turkey hunt.

KansasHunt19_zpsa0db7add.jpg

- Joe

This is a cool thread! I carry and use a custom knife almost every day but I seldom think to take pics of myself doing so.

Had to make a contribution here, so here is my beloved Dozier large folding hunter... opening a package. :D

I can tell you it made short work of it! Bob really knows his stuff...

Sorry guys, I dont hunt so this is all I have at the moment, will try to get something a bit more exciting in the near future.

001_zpsb7ae4759.jpg

002_zps42bc523e.jpg

Last edited:
Sometimes, the "North Woods" is a cool place to live. ;)

(This is my EDC.)

This was only about 10 minutes ago. :thumbup:

Last edited:
I'm lovin my (new to me) Desrosiers-made knife!
I cut all sorts of bike related things with it; tubes, zip ties, rim tape, grips and it totally rocks.

One of my early ones in Canada skinning a Black Bear for its owner. Good thread Karl.

Last edited:
After working on my car, los of nasty grease, oil, zip ties, and rubber crap cut.
IMG_20130907_092856.jpg

With the old double bit, taking down a pine.
20130901_101003-1.jpg

I feel pretty self conscious posting this knife given its glaring faults, but the next one will be better, promise.

I don't have photos but I like to use (and abuse) a fancy custom here and there..

I had a chance to round up about 250 calves and help brand/band/tag/inject/and cut them (a lot were too big for the bander).

I had several production traditional slipjoints, and an Opinel, but I had to use my J. Oeser too, just because.

The brands heating.

A vet took about 15 photo's of me cutting. She got some great photo's of my bloody hands, and holding the knife and the product of the cutting, and of the action, but the pictures seemed to have disappeared, and we can't figure out what happened to them.

Here are a few pics of the knife a day later, when I finally got unpacked and got around to cleaning it up.

It got all pretty again with some hot water and soap. It was dropped in the dirt several times. Kicked by a few calves, and stepped on by at least one cowboy, who had to go help two others who were already trying to hold down the calf. It was one of the bigger ones, and really put up a fight.

hello !

some of my knives in action .. :)

pics are from my customers ..

"ORCA" Prototype

BDK - "HARLEKIN"

BDK "TARANTULA" - used by Croatian Survival Instructor

"SCOUT"

best regards
Denis

I don't do a lot of hunting. But this Journeyman Test knife I bought from Paul Happy (JS) slices up a very nice ribeye steak

20120921_193735_zpsc4d43587.jpg

Back