dericdesmond baby naming assist thread

Funny enough, we named my son Desmond. We call him Des though. Ezekiel was a close second, would have called him Ez (easy) for short.

But here's more:

Issac
Ian
Miles
Owen
Wyatt

If you want him to grow up to sport a luscious mullet, shotgun beers and lay down rubber in his Trans am, name him Colt!!

Coming off a big batch of sheaths so I have not been posting much, but saw this one and had to chime in.

I always wanted to name our daughter Amanda Lynn and it didn't work out, but I'll share the back story...

If you like Bluegrass or Country music Lou Reid recorded a song called Amanda Lynn, she was named after the instrument her parents thought her voice sounded like, "a Mandolin".

Here's the song

If we adopted a boy he was going to be named Harlan, for you'll never leave Harlan alive (Patty Loveless version), but that's not so cheery :)

Now D dericdesmond was saying that they weren't agreeing on a name. I admit that my strategy can backfire, but you push hard for a couple crazy names like Mortimer and Randolph (guys from Trading Places), then finally you "cave" and suggest the one you really want.
This worked for me. It was me giving up a MIDDLE name for something else that I wanted.

Montgomery... as a middle name wasn't happening. Oh well.

My suggestion boy
Joshua
Montgomery

girl
''not boy''
''hey you''
(because it wont not be a boy, right?)

Hey congrats man. Knowing my luck you just found out it's a girl? ''Hey You'' it is! 😅

Ha, just woke to this. Thanks everyone. Surprised with how much more I like some of these opposed to what my woman keeps suggesting. The longer this keeps on the more Im liking simple names such as Evil Genius recommended. For whatever reason I cant get the name Annesa (Vanessa w/out the V) out of my head. Annesa Esmond has a nice ring to me. Woman aint having it though. Keep em coming,,If we choose yours Ill send you a free CPK 😁👍

Ha, just woke to this. Thanks everyone. Surprised with how much more I like some of these opposed to what my woman keeps suggesting. The longer this keeps on the more Im liking simple names such as Evil Genius recommended. For whatever reason I cant get the name Annesa (Vanessa w/out the V) out of my head. Annesa Esmond has a nice ring to me. Woman aint having it though. Keep em coming,,If we choose yours Ill send you a free CPK 😁👍
If you pick Schmoo, do I get the CPK for suggesting or does Nathan, for inventing it? 🤔🤣

I like Annesa. It’s different and flows well.

Years ago when an ex and I had a false alarm, Seger or Lynneah were my choices because Bob Seger rules and Lynneah was my great grandmothers name. Apparently guys aren’t allowed to pick names.

In all seriousness, here are some I like but don't have in reserve because my wife isn't sold on them:

Rachel
Lila
Maisy
Naomi
Oh I actually like Lila but being that her daughter is named delilah doubt that will fly
I like Annesa. It’s different and flows well.

Years ago when an ex and I had a false alarm, Seger or Lynneah were my choices because Bob Seger rules and Lynneah was my great grandmothers name. Apparently guys aren’t allowed to pick names.
How do you pronounce Lynneah,,like Lynn with an A added? I kinda like that 👍

Good luck Eric.
My wife told me “you get the last name, so I get the first name.”

Life is about compromise, and of course, that typically means you defer your choice for your spouse’s, as the old adage goes: happy wife, happy life.

*p.s. I love my son’s name (and every thing about him).

Back