DETAILED ONLINE LINER LOCK BOOK

i am thinking about the above project...ive been making liner locks for over 12 years... this would be a PAID subscription...kinda like the Reagan Newsletter..etc...not too expensive....going out only to subscribers. and of course there would be a q&a online with that part being published too... i am talking VERY detailed...thats one problem i have always had with every knife how to ive ever seen...not enough details to figure out some of the hard stuff....would anyone be interested????? i realize this is a commercial venture and maybe the moderators might bump this...but im curious about response.....the main reason for doing this is to get enough money to upgrade my computer....which is necessary in order to take on a project like this.....anyhow... let me know....
gents.jpg

Gents folder i made a few years back out of stellite 6K. thats part of the reason why theres no thumb bob or slotted hole like i use now.
------------------
http://www.mayoknives.com

[This message has been edited by tom mayo (edited 10 July 1999).]

[This message has been edited by tom mayo (edited 10 July 1999).]

Tom, put me on board, it sounds like a wonderful idea to me. I am interested in making linerlocks myself, and it would be great to learn form a pro like you.
Chris, Top of Texas knives
www.toptexknives.com

------------------

I most definitely would subscribe. I love the idea.

------------------
-Greg Johnson
ICQ#4236341

Tom,count me in.I'm having all kinds problems
with my folder projects.
DK

Great idea. I would be very interested in participating in something along these lines.

CLWilkins

ok...its looking good...i will begin to work on it....first thing i need to do is get a scanner so i can start scanning drawings.... may take a while to rustle up some $...then i will get back to everyone....tom..dont stop putting your names on cause i gotta email everyone....

------------------
http://www.mayoknives.com

Yeah count me in too, how to set the f'n detent is still a big mystery to me
smile.gif

------------------
KSwinamer

Well, not being much of a folder maker I wouldnt be able to contribute any maker input, but put me down for a subscription! Maybe I will learn how to make a better folder with Kit, Darrel, and your input.

------------------
www.simonichknives.com

I hava different thought on this - just for discussion purposes.

What about selling a kit for those of us without the shop tools needed to go from scratch. It could be a simple one - but if enough people were interested the cost might be reasonable also. With Blades N'Stuff gone, really interesting kit knives seem few and far between.

I'm definitely interested. Count me in. As yet, I have found almost no information about liner locks. All that I've learned has been obtained by "voiding the warranty" on a couple of purchased folders.

I'm new to the knifemaking game and would be very interested in this information (as long as the cost isn't prohibative). Poor capitaization at this time - ifin ya know what I mean.

Back