Dive Watches

I wore this one last week; but forgot to bring it to this thread. It came with a leather strap, and looked good with it; but leather & dive watches don't go together in my head, so I went with a black Super Engineer (1)... I'm thinking of going back to the leather because it was a better fit aesthetically (in my opinion).
View attachment 2342364

I think one of the Kevlar style straps might make that look pretty good.

IMG_2370.jpeg
IMG_2455.jpeg

MolokaiRider MolokaiRider while back we chatted quick about your citizen yellow strap diver.....it's stuck in my head ya made a statement of not wearing jewelry while hunting octopus and such in the water to not attract predators......what I didn't ask was what would ya wear dive watch wise to not attract predators....all black watch like a g shock? or all black cased diver......

thanks...

I wish there were more options without the date window.

it doesn't make sense to have a feature on your timepiece that you need to fix every month

Last edited:
MolokaiRider MolokaiRider while back we chatted quick about your citizen yellow strap diver.....it's stuck in my head ya made a statement of not wearing jewelry while hunting octopus and such in the water to not attract predators......what I didn't ask was what would ya wear dive watch wise to not attract predators....all black watch like a g shock? or all black cased diver......

thanks...
I guess I am not sure, as I don't use tanks and only free dive.

In my experience more stuff hanging on your body equates to more potential for getting snagged on things. I usually don't wear a watch during these activities, or especially when throwing a casting net, or laying a set of gill nets.

For swimming and surfing, I just wear whatever. I don't feel quite as conscious about it then, as I am not trailing a bunch of blood and guts.

holy moly I guess that is an option isnt it..... wow.
But to your point, I'm lazy and it isn't worth the trouble to me to set it.
When I was an office worker every weekday, I would pick a watch from my rotation every Monday morning, set it, and wear it all week. I usually kept up with the date pretty well so didn't need my watch to do it. I never took the time to set the date on the watch. Now I work mostly from home, I still do the rotation but I might start the next watch any day of the week and wear it for 3 or 4 days. I'm still too lazy to set the date. I also have a number of quartz watches on my desk that I wear other days and I wear one of them every night, I never bother to set the date on them either. Even if I don't work every day I still spend a lot of time in front of my computer. If I need to know the date I look at the computer screen or pull out my phone.

I wish there were more options without the date window.

it doesn't make sense to ha bv e vcd a feature on your timepiece that you need to fix every month
I agree, if I don’t know the date, I’m never 100% sure I can trust my watch to be right. Plus it’s usually quarter past the hour when I need to see it and blocked by the minute hand.

Isn’t it interesting that the date used to be a luxury improvement on a watch. Now apparently it is so cheap to have the date function that they all have it.

I prefer a date...even better if day and date. I use it everyday at work and yeah I got my phone but lookin at my watch fast is easier than pullin my phone out of my pocket.

I dont find them a hassle to set and I rotate watches every day to every couple days and always have to reset besides my ecodrives which keep really accurate time.

I do have some divers without dates and they're fine, isnt a deal killer without one......but I often glance for the date and then have to pull out my phone.....

I prefer a date...even better if day and date. I use it everyday at work and yeah I got my phone but lookin at my watch fast is easier than pullin my phone out of my pocket.

I dont find them a hassle to set and I rotate watches every day to every couple days and always have to reset besides my ecodrives which keep really accurate time.

I do have some divers without dates and they're fine, isnt a deal killer without one......but I often glance for the date and then have to pull out my phone.....
Check out the Casio MRW-200H. Cheapest dive watch in the world. Also used by NASA. 😁

Wow I didn’t know they made left hand drives.
its not really a lefty made watch. some professional dive watches have the crown on the left side or at 4 o'clock right side to protect the crown more from potentially other gear strapped on a wrist. sometimes it's due to space in the case..for example....

heuer used a left side crown on the cal 11/12 and 15s due to space issues with the chrono module. the watch module had to be inverted to fit with the chrono module in the case. not to make a lefty watch.

watches aren't made left or right..the crown is just where the maker puts it for design reasons, function or space issues.

I’ve been wanting a little bit smaller dive watch. I found a good deal on the Citizen’s Eco Drive Women’s Dive watch. I had no idea it was that much smaller! Lol.

view

Little one is 33mm
Big one is 44mm

Last edited:
Back