Dive Watches

I should mention that this Oris Aquis Date Upcycle watch has a unique one of a kind dial made from recycled plastic. I love how mine looks like clouds over a blue ocean. I didn't like some of the others.

71613755750__2597BE67-87E6-4E48-80D1-B615DDDFC76D.JPG

I should mention that this Oris Aquis Date Upcycle watch has a unique one of a kind dial made from recycled plastic. I love how mine looks like clouds over a blue ocean. I didn't like some of the others.

View attachment 2327705
Very nice. Any idea what the bezel material is? Looks like maybe a coating or brushed or bead blasted type finish.

Per Oris...

Each piece is unique

The watch, which is available with either a 41.5 mm or 36.5 mm case, is particularly special. The PET plastic recycling process produces random patterns, meaning no two dials are the same. In effect therefore, each piece is unique. We’re not limiting either size, and we’ll keep making them for as long as there’s demand. Our hope is that our customers will choose Aquis Date Upcycle and join us in making a daily commitment to reducing the world’s ocean plastic crisis.

Beyond the dial, the watches share their architecture with the popular Aquis Date 41.5 mm and 36.5 mm models. Both have a stainless steel case and a uni-directional rotating diver’s bezel with a scratch-resistant grey ceramic insert.

They also have a stainless steel bracelet with a clasp extension system, crown protectors, a screw-down crown and a Swiss Made automatic mechanical movement.

I didn’t see a thread for just dive watches. Even if you don’t dive. A dive watch is perfect for any outdoorsman or explorer. They give the message that you are ready for adventure.
View attachment 1918329
These are the two that I currently have. The Citizens eco drive is awesome in every way, I really like the 4 o’clock crown.

The Casio is awesome in its own right, especially its price. A real bargain for a rugged watch.

Let’s see yours!

Edit to add: Another reason I like dive watches the longer band fits my thick wrist!
I have a Casio Duro and it is a great watch. Classy, yet rugged.

Since it's a knife forum....
original.jpg

How many times does a Submariner go "tick" in one second?
original.jpg

View attachment 2327705
Thanks - I keep finding myself looking at these, now...but I hope I'm done buying watches (well, maybe one more) - I seem to have acquired more than anticipated in a short amount of time.
Must have been that pent up knife buying energy finally busting loose

Last edited:
Thanks - I keep finding myself looking at these, now...but I hope I'm done buying watches (well, maybe one more) - I seem to have acquired more than anticipated in a short amount of time.
Must have been that pent up knife buying energy finally busting loose
Watch Pros love everything about it except for the basic ETA 2824-1 based Oris Caliber 733 movement, but mine runs only +1 sec/day on the wrist, so I can't complain. They have been known to eek out great performance from basic movements, and the new 400 series movement isn't necessary.

Nothing fancy, but - so far - the most reliable watch I ever had.

i-LR7jMTp-X2.jpg

Part of it is that it never has to be opened, and only rarely adjusted (like today). I've broken quite a few watches, mostly because I ride motorcycle every day (something about the watch/glove/handle-bar interaction).

I wore this one last week; but forgot to bring it to this thread. It came with a leather strap, and looked good with it; but leather & dive watches don't go together in my head, so I went with a black Super Engineer (1)... I'm thinking of going back to the leather because it was a better fit aesthetically (in my opinion).
View attachment 2342364

Back