Dive Watches

Yes, yes it is. Full of 1000M diving GMT OVERKILL.

Way out of specs, beat errors, and bad hairspring.
Only 1000 M? How are you gonna dive to the bottom of the Marianas Trench with that?!? LOL. I used to have a ridiculous Breitling Superocean which I hardly wore and definitely did not dive 1000 meters with. Now I only have a ridiculous MWC which I also hardly wear and definitely do not dive 1000 meters with. I'll post it up at some point. The cases have to be thick to survive those depths and at some point they no longer work for me under a cuffed shirt and jacket.

I love GMTs. Used to own a GMT Master-II when I travelled all over the world. We traveled to China, Japan, Korea, Sweden, Italy, England, France, Australia and all over the US. Hundreds of thousands of miles, and I loved it. Until the price got too ridiculous for me to justify keeping. I still have a couple of cheap GMTs, but I hardly travel anywhere anymore, so they're kind of useless I guess.

Only 1000 M? How are you gonna dive to the bottom of the Marianas Trench with that?!? LOL. I used to have a ridiculous Breitling Superocean which I hardly wore and definitely did not dive 1000 meters with. Now I only have a ridiculous MWC which I also hardly wear and definitely do not dive 1000 meters with. I'll post it up at some point. The cases have to be thick to survive those depths and at some point they no longer work for me under a cuffed shirt and jacket.

I love GMTs. Used to own a GMT Master-II when I travelled all over the world. We traveled to China, Japan, Korea, Sweden, Italy, England, France, Australia and all over the US. Hundreds of thousands of miles, and I loved it. Until the price got too ridiculous for me to justify keeping. I still have a couple of cheap GMTs, but I hardly travel anywhere anymore, so they're kind of useless I guess.
I did say 1000M is overkill. My pair of DSSD with 12,800 foot rating is also overkill, as is my SD43.

I have a few GMT but also travel less these days - in addition to the Aquadive, I have a Rolex Pepsi GMT II and Pepsi GMT from Tudor, a Hamilton GMT, my Speedmaster Pro X-33 serves as a GMT, as does my SEIKO Astron and Casio Protrek x2. I may also have others I’ve forgotten about 🤣

Would love a GMT, in something. It would probably have to be a Citizen, but I don't like any of their current styles that I can find. So for me for now, my traveling GMT has to be taken care of by a fairly cheap G-Shock. 😂

I did say 1000M is overkill. My pair of DSSD with 12,800 foot rating is also overkill, as is my SD43.

I have a few GMT but also travel less these days - in addition to the Aquadive, I have a Rolex Pepsi GMT II and Pepsi GMT from Tudor, a Hamilton GMT, my Speedmaster Pro X-33 serves as a GMT, as does my SEIKO Astron and Casio Protrek x2. I may also have others I’ve forgotten about 🤣
An awesome collection. 👍 Even though I prefer Coke to Pepsi. :p Really, that is a terrific group of watches of which you should be justly proud.

I was just playIng off your statement about OVERKILL. At a certain point it's all overkill. Probably above 300 meters. Doesn't mean I still wouldn't want a Deepsea Challenge or an Omega Seamater Planet Ocean Deep Sea . . . because I would!

This made me think of my old Breitling SuperOcean, and I found a couple of old pics . . . to me this looks much better than their current models.

Watch in Case.jpg

Watch Face.jpg

An awesome collection. 👍 Even though I prefer Coke to Pepsi. :p Really, that is a terrific group of watches of which you should be justly proud.

I was just playIng off your statement about OVERKILL. At a certain point it's all overkill. Probably above 300 meters. Doesn't mean I still wouldn't want a Deepsea Challenge or an Omega Seamater Planet Ocean Deep Sea . . . because I would!

This made me think of my old Breitling SuperOcean, and I found a couple of old pics . . . to me this looks much better than their current models.

View attachment 2042966

View attachment 2042968
That looks nice.

I’m wearing my Luminox diver, but leaving the house now to go pick up my DSSD D-Blue, which is having the bracelet reinstalled at my watchmaker where I dropped off a couple of other watches the other day to be serviced.

I’ve had lots of divers, but have not owned a Breitling yet. I used to have a boatload of Omega divers annd only had GMTs from Rolex, but now I’m down to one GMT and 4 divers from Rolex - went the other direction.

I sold several Omega divers and kept four or five of them. I have the Planet Ocean 9300 and the Seamaster Pro ceramic bezel chronograph divers, a vintage Seamaster 300, and almost vintage Seamaster Pro Bond quartz (25 yrs old), and may have one more around here somewhere.

I love the diver watch style, even though I can’t dive anymore (lung disease). I have divers from Rolex, Omega, Tag, Luminox, Victorinox, Seiko, Citizen, NTH, Lew and Huey Orthos (same company Janis Trading), and more.

90CA7B2D-D775-40C0-8858-E4D1D2B0D5F1.jpeg

Hahaha put the watch on just now and set the date wrong.

That looks nice.

I’m wearing my Luminox diver, but leaving the house now to go pick up my DSSD D-Blue, which is having the bracelet reinstalled at my watchmaker where I dropped off a couple of other watches the other day to be serviced.

I’ve had lots of divers, but have not owned a Breitling yet. I used to have a boatload of Omega divers annd only had GMTs from Rolex, but now I’m down to one GMT and 4 divers from Rolex - went the other direction.

I sold several Omega divers and kept four or five of them. I have the Planet Ocean 9300 and the Seamaster Pro ceramic bezel chronograph divers, a vintage Seamaster 300, and almost vintage Seamaster Pro Bond quartz (25 yrs old), and may have one more around here somewhere.

I love the diver watch style, even though I can’t dive anymore (lung disease). I have divers from Rolex, Omega, Tag, Luminox, Victorinox, Seiko, Citizen, NTH, Lew and Huey Orthos (same company Janis Trading), and more.

View attachment 2043017

Hahaha put the watch on just now and set the date wrong.
A Luminox auto! I've never seen one "in the wild." Very cool.

I have a couple of quartz Luminoxes. Including this old one from back when they still said "NAVY SEALS" (don't know when they stopped that). The gas tubes are definitely weaker, but I can still read the time in the dark when I wear it to bed.

20230112_135747.jpg

I may have mentioned it before, but I know a company that does a lot of OEM work for tritium watch brands who will replace dim tritium 👍 I'll dig up the original post and link it below.

I may have mentioned it before, but I know a company that does a lot of OEM work for tritium watch brands who will replace dim tritium 👍 I'll dig up the original post and link it below.
Much appreciated! I probably wouldn't bother (unless it was real inexpensive) except the Navy Seals mark makes this one kind of classic. So I would like to do that for this watch if the cost isn't prohibitive.

DANG!
What is that one on the bottom left? The Omega (can't remember the model) homage?

DANG!
What is that one on the bottom left? The Omega (can't remember the model) homage?
It looks like a Delta Hybrid Hydra 2000 meter dive watch. An outstanding value. Doesn't really resemble any Omegas I can think of, except maybe the somewhat obscure Proplof just a wee bit.

EDITED to fix.

Last edited:
It looks like a Delta Hybrid 2000 meter dive watch. An outstanding value. Doesn't really resemble any Omegas I can think of, except maybe the somewhat obscure Proplof just a wee bit.
Proplof is what I was thinking about. Hard model name to remember. At least for me.
Ocean 7 also did a Proplof homage. Which I think cricketdave cricketdave also shows a photo of above.
I have never heard of the Delta Hybrid 2000 meter dive watch.

Googling.... it appears to be a Delta Hydra.

Man.... kinda wishing cricketdave cricketdave hadn't posted that photo. I fear that may be bad for my wallet. I have a thing about the Proplof design (even though I can never remember the name).

Last edited:
Proplof is what I was thinking about. Hard model name to remember. At least for me.
Ocean 7 also did a Proplof homage. Which I think cricketdave cricketdave also shows a photo of above.

Man.... kinda wishing cricketdave cricketdave hadn't posted that photo. I fear that may be bad for my wallet. I have a thing about the Proplof design (even though I can never remember the name).
Yeah . . . I think spell check got me there. I've fixed it.

I **think** seventh row middle is an Ocean7, but it's hard for me to make out very many of the watches in that photo montage.

Last edited:
i-gGM4gKM-X2.jpg

w1.jpg

IMG_0619-X2.jpg

Last edited:

that delta hydra is a hell of a deal, the watch is very well made, the band is not as well done, I replaced the clasp with a ratchet clasp and now im wearing it on a strap more, the copper protrusion on the upper right is a HRV valve instead of a bezel lock like the proprof or ocean7

IMG_8025.jpegIMG_8026.jpeg

😍😍😍
Bastid!
Sorry, I just had to say it.

that delta hydra is a hell of a deal, the watch is very well made, the band is not as well done, I replaced the clasp with a ratchet clasp and now im wearing it on a strap more, the copper protrusion on the upper right is a HRV valve instead of a bezel lock like the proprof or ocean7

View attachment 2044921View attachment 2044922
That is a cool watch!
It is obviously an homage to the Proplof, yet different enough that it obviously ISN'T a Proplof. At least when you see them side-by-side.

The Ocean7, best I can remember or see, looks like a dead ringer. Although obviously its own brand.

Not sure the button would make any difference to me. I mean, HRV is REALLY cool... but I'm never going to find myself saturation diving. So it's just bragging rights on a watch. But it also really looks cool on that Delta.

I could see it useful as a bezel lock.

At least you actually USE your watches diving. All mine get used for is, at best, snorkeling. But most of the time, just a swimming pool or shower is all the water they see. Yeah... their most strenuous job is timing the grill. :D

Back