Dogs and traditional knives

7767cCV.jpg

Last edited:
I had to put my best buddy down this morning. Ole Gunny's been going steadily downhill for a few months, but he just kept plugging away & wouldn't give up. This morning, he couldn't move his hind end & was having a really hard time breathing, so we paid a final visit to the vet.

RIP Gunny!

He had been my constant companion ever since he was a puppy. I couldn't go anywhere, or do anything without him supervising. Here's a pic my wife took of him looking out the back window one time, when I had the nerve to leave in the pickup without him.

He's buried out back under the willow tree now, with all the other labs & cats we've had over the years.

I had to put my best buddy down this morning. Ole Gunny's been going steadily downhill for a few months, but he just kept plugging away & wouldn't give up. This morning, he couldn't move his hind end & was having a really hard time breathing, so we paid a final visit to the vet.

RIP Gunny!

He had been my constant companion ever since he was a puppy. I couldn't go anywhere, or do anything without him supervising. Here's a pic my wife took of him looking out the back window one time, when I had the nerve to leave in the pickup without him.

He's buried out back under the willow tree now, with all the other labs & cats we've had over the years.
I'm so sorry to hear this. Grieve well, friend, and remember all the good times. RIP Gunny.

RIP Gunny!

RIP Gunny. We are facing that very soon..too soon as always.

RIP Gunny!

Oh man 😞😞😞
I get very teary eyed when reading the loss of SUCH amazing friends - I’m so sorry for your loss, but so glad you had such a beautiful friend with the most loyal love. 🐾🐾🐾🐾🌈

RIP Gunny!

Sad news.
My condolences mate.

RIP Gunny!

There’s nothing worse than having to put your best buddy down. I’ve cried like a baby every time we’ve had to do the same. I’m glad that all dogs go to heaven. 😫

I hope I dont go against anyone's beliefs here, and most certainly not my intention at all to start a religous chat, but man.... If I knew my Dogs were waiting for me when I died, that would take all the fear away, I miss them terribly, I still get upset thinking back of my three- Luke- My Rottie was with me when I was in my very early twenties, and I am 60 now- tears immediately if I talk about Luke, Murphy or Izzy. Aren't they just beautiful! Gunny looked just gorgeous!

RIP Gunny!

That's a rough day my friend, sad to hear.

I hope I dont go against anyone's beliefs here, and most certainly not my intention at all to start a religous chat, but man.... If I knew my Dogs were waiting for me when I died, that would take all the fear away, I miss them terribly, I still get upset thinking back of my three- Luke- My Rottie was with me when I was in my very early twenties, and I am 60 now- tears immediately if I talk about Luke, Murphy or Izzy. Aren't they just beautiful! Gunny looked just gorgeous!
I'm not a good dog owner,I feel guilt leaving my little buddy home by himself for even an hour, when we return he has the clothes from tipped over clothes hamper brought to back door,all the clothes .he spends the whole time trucking our clothes to the door

Last edited:
There's a meme floating around out there that shows a guy standing at Heaven's Gate with St. Peter. Just inside the gate are all the pets the guy ever had, anxiously awaiting his arrival.

We've always kept two labs- an old one & a young one. When the old one passes away, we spend the appropriate amount of time grieving, then get another, and repeat the cycle. They're all memorable & have their distinct personalities. We still have our two year old black lab, but I'm not sure we're going to get another. Then again, I always say that.

Back