Don't feed stray dogs...

Don't feed the stray dogs or they'll keep coming back... But hopefully even though everyone thinks I'm a bit nuts, and that I'm sitting here in the rain has me questioning my own sanity, I'm not such a bad stray dog to have hanging around :)

I'm all set up in my compound here at KAI. I apologize for the size of my tent. I tried to rent a generator to keep a laptop powered for entertainment but they didn't have a Honda and I at least have enough sense to know that a generator keeping everyone awake and rattling TDubz windows is not going to get me anywhere.

So far only 2 other people here, but as someone else noted, the people at the front hold the line for others so I'm not sure where I am at in the "line" I'm not sure I'll make it more than a few hours before being bored to tears so I may end up out of the line entirely shortly.

For those of you who have asked me to get something for you, I'll try my best if I know who you are more than just seeing your name on the forum.

Expect updates from me regularly. Not because I think anyone cares, but because I'm going to have nothing better to do and can't keep a laptop juiced up to try and get some work done.

Good luck grabbing something special and stay warm!

It started raining. It's Oregon, big surprise huh? Just staring at the ceiling of my tent enjoying some lunchables and contemplating a nap to ease the boredom. I've missed the lulling sound of rain on a tent rain fly but KAI is on an extremely busy industrial road so there is lots of loud truck traffic.. Oh, and people arguing with their families and someone spitting.. Gross... I don't think it is fair to hold spots for people. Letting people go to their car or the bathroom yes, but taking rounds and leaving for most of the day isn't fair.

If one of you that is here is reading this and has issue with that, knock on my tent and we can discuss it. I've got food and gear for the long haul but if setting up a tent counts as being in line then I'm going to run home and eat with my family.

I was the third person here when I got here but was told I MIGHT be in the first ten because they are saving spots for other people. WTF?

2EEEDB92-8F74-44B1-9F7F-4C3BF99592ED-15909-000003E0B3DC30D4.jpg

71DE2F0C-CA29-46F6-8B00-68AB5209A20E-15909-000003E0C90F8D9B.jpg

Here in NY if you try and save spots on line, you get beat down or maced. Anywho not to much to stake out that vestibule.

Concrete. No where to stake anything down and no one wants to create trip hazards. I hadn't realized how inconveniently placed the windows in this tent are as usually it is surrounded by trees and not windows and people and I'm more focused on getting the dog to settle down.

When the rain started the temp dropped 7 degrees. If I knew ( first year camping, never paid attention before) the concrete had so few gaps I would have brought a Thermarest instead of a cot. I planned for a cold air gap but not well. Have my rain pants on and gloves now. I don't know if I'll make it all night. I've slept in below zero temps multiple nights in a tent while a Boy Scout in North Dakota. I guess a desk job on IT has made me soft.

KershawLynda and the rest of the staff that lurk on here must find the live blog from the back doorway... Odd...
But it can't be much more unusual than just having a bunch of knife weirdos out here in the first place. Maybe a bit entertaining, but I have nothing funny or insightful to say. Just trying to stay warm and entertained, or at least busy, so thanks for tolerating my posts and to the Kershaw folks, my presence and the ridiculous amount of space I am occupying.

Stay strong! If I could join the line I would and we would have shared the chores together, but all I can do from here is to send you my best wishes. I hope you find a treasure chest of awesome sharp objects mate.

KershawLynda and the rest of the staff that lurk on here must find the live blog from the back doorway... Odd...
But it can't be much more unusual than just having a bunch of knife weirdos out here in the first place.

haha, True!

I've been reading your updates throughout the day and have been entertained by them. You guys are much more hard core than me, for sure! Try to stay warm and dry.

They had a ton of those Chubby knives last year. I don't remember seeing orange but if they have even just one I'm grabbing it and SO it is all yours man. I dont think they were that expensive so my gift to you and Ill even pay to ship it. I know youve been looking for a very long time.

For the others who are messaging me, give me specifics of what you want and are willing to pay so I can add it to my list. But I expect you'll have been a real regular here and I know you a bit if uou want something and still cant promise anything. I'm warm in 3 sleeping bags right now but will be grumpy later so ask soon! :)

Looks like you brought a condo! Whats the temp over there? Hope you find what you are looking for;). You brought your pup with you!? He's probably mother #@%'n you right about now! Missing his warm comfy bed! Surprised you aren't being a chatty cathy with Dave, I assumed he would have been there by now! Even though it might be darn cold and raining, noisy,annoying (people), just remember there are a few of us that are very envious that you can do so! I wish I was over that side of the states. I would be happy as could be with icicles hanging off my beard and gabbing it up with ya! I will be sure to have a beer for you since i'm already at it, and remember there is no place like home (the KAI factory)!

They had a ton of those Chubby knives last year. I don't remember seeing orange but if they have even just one I'm grabbing it and SO it is all yours man. I dont think they were that expensive so my gift to you and Ill even pay to ship it. I know youve been looking for a very long time.

For the others who are messaging me, give me specifics of what you want and are willing to pay so I can add it to my list. But I expect you'll have been a real regular here and I know you a bit if uou want something and still cant promise anything. I'm warm in 3 sleeping bags right now but will be grumpy later so ask soon! :)

YOU ARE THE MAN!!! Find me the orange one and I will send you the red one I bought off eBay by mistake, lol. So glad someone on the west coast is looking out for me at the warehouse sale. I am just about as far away as possible.

Haha good luck my friend. Hope you get some awesome deals! Tempted but won't ask you to get anything for me I'd feel too bad since I can't camp out with you!!

I'd be pretty peeved with the spot-saving, but it looks like you'll be in good shape to get in quick.

KnifeNerd

You know we are all living vicariously through you right? I'm sure it's not the Hilton but I'm also sure you'll forget all about the cold when you get in the door and start filling your cart. And BTW, I'm kicked back in a warm room after just having hot chow but I would gladly trade places with you in a heartbeat. Have fun when the doors open brother.

Back