DPxgear.com update....

Status
Not open for further replies.
I just Pre-Ordered a Dpx HEAT..... :thumbup: .. ;)

HEATfolder.jpg

Since the HEAT is out, i might as well post couple of renders my self. 3 inch blade from point to pivot and 2.3 inch edge, 6.14inch/ 15.6cm overall. I made extra sure it feels nice in hand and put a lot of attention to detail when working on the knife. I like it a lot...but then again, i'm biased:)

HEAT1.jpg

HEATle3.jpg

Last edited:
Assuming its actually going to be made, then yes, probably...with carbon fiber scale, black anodized ti frame and pvd coating. At least that's what i heard:)

That would be fantastic! The black anodized Ti frame would be sweet.

Just to be clear......The HEAT is going into production. I just placed the order BUT we are not taking pre-orders, no one is ordering one. etc etc. When we see protos we will post them here. Tomso is terrified I will photograph the HEAT in my yeti hands and people will think its a miniature model :))

The HEAT is more of a gentleman's EDC the HEST is for us Neanderthals whose knuckles still drag on the ground.

This is just a quick concept I designed to show the ESEE folks how to make a folder out of the Izula (the blade guard is missing). and retain the basic product attributes. The DPx HEAT program are smaller EDC knives (Hostile Environment At-hand Knives) designed for urban and lower profile applications. You will also see some cool tools in this range.

Just a note on concepts and protos. Its important that DPx Gear is actually tested and used in hostile environments so there is along production time before finalized products. For example the HEAT will have a special G10 and carbon fiber laminated scale and 3 D work. I haven't decided to go with a Sliepner (http://www.ramada.pt/acos/pdf/pdf/Sleipner.pdf) or a high end stainless. I will probably go with the Sliepner on the first run with a TiCN coating along with the anodized stone wash frame. Either way its a work in progress based on actual use in the field.

Last edited:
Just a note on concepts and protos. Its important that DPx Gear is actually tested and used in hostile environments so there is along production time before finalized products. ...Either way its a work in progress based on actual use in the field.

Which stainless steels are the contenders for the HEST II fixed-blade?

Good question. As you know the goal of the fixed blad is to be massively abused, field sharpened and indestructible. We are going to make them in various steels and destroy them. Please weigh in with your opinions, suggestions. The entire knife (except for the blade will be Titanium Boron coated so the focus is on durability, edge retention and ability to withstand massive shock (I use mine as a chisel on rock for example)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back