DPxgear.com update....

Status
Not open for further replies.
We "combat test" a knife by giving it to people who kill people for a living and asking them how it performed. Also testing in combatives is important if only in a training scenario. But in reality most combat knives are used for fairly mundane chores..while in combat zones. Places were you are allowed to shoot hostile people. "In combat" is a term used to describe areas with high TICs but the chances of actually slipping a knife between someones' ribs or neck is slim to none.

The question was, "How do you 'combat test' a dagger?" - and while a dagger is always a knife, a knife is not always a dagger...

If I was combat testing a dagger, or 'daggerin' if you will, I'd prolly start on goats...or pigs, pigs work too.

I'd hate to off daggerin', just to find out my dagger wouldn't do - that would suck! :(

But in reality most combat knives are used for fairly mundane chores..while in combat zones.

No argument here. Every time I have been in a combat zone, my knives' primary purpose is to open MRE bags, trim my nails, cut the occasional nylon or eliminate boredom by whittling.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back